Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews about "newcross"

Updated Jun 14, 2021

Found 25 of over 226 reviews

3.7
Newcross Healthcare Solutions Founders Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick (no image)
Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, no pressure work(in 12 reviews)

• "They really look after you-office staff are cheerful and helpful(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pressure of working in care but Newcross do the best they can to support with this(in 25 reviews)

• "Has no care for office staff mental well being(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Reviews about "newcross"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love it

Feb 23, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, growing business, an honest want to provide the best people

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Save your sanity..

Jun 14, 2021 - Business Centre Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues Good tech Hours okay - on call over the weekends but very rarely get called

Cons

The culture at Newcross is toxic. Activity encouraged over tangible outcomes Box checking will get you far rather than putting effort in to deliver Management from regional level upward has lost touch with the market and their business. Regional’s manage via email - you’ll rarely be able to speak to your manager, I say manage loosely, you’ll get instructions via email. This business has absolutely no concern for their staffs well-being or health, all that matters are your figured.

Content Strategist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you believe your colleagues, our market-leading tech and working hours were all positive parts of your experience. We're sorry to hear that your experience overall doesn't match up to what we'd expect. If you'd like to chat further, please do email us on communications@newcrosshealthcare.com.

3. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Bullying managers

Mar 30, 2021 - Health Care Assistant in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of really

Cons

The clients I was sent to were in poor conditions. Witnessed in 3 of them, safeguarding concerns which the Newcross manager fluffed away. Low quality standards. Abusive and intimidating approach by managers. Very toxic place to work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worse place I think I have ever worked.

Nov 24, 2019 - Office Staff in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The care staff are some of the most dedicated people I have ever had the privilege of working alongside

Cons

This role was not sold as a purely sales role, it was about building relationships. This role was unmanageable, you are expected to recruit, co ordinate booking shifts, arrange training, make service calls and then sales calls on top. Targets are unmanageable, the sales calls are cold calls and you are expected to call the same potential client every two days. Which is embarrassing and bordering on harressment. Expected to call Healthcare staff early morning when they have come off a night shift to book them in again for mid afternoon. Senior Management are rude, not willing to listen and quite honestly the management style went out in the 90s. Main issue was from training at The Bootcamp you are sold a completely different idea to what the rude, aggressive and callous management actually want from you. So much is said about the fact Newcross are not an agency, but are then told to face facts and stop fluffing it up and realise that they are an agency.

5 people found this review helpful

Newcross Healthcare

Many thanks for your feedback – we are sorry to hear that your expectations for the role were not met. Please get in touch by emailing info@newcrosshealthcare.com if you would like to take this issue further.

5. 1.0

Worse agency ever

Apr 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is best thing, in rest nothing good.

Cons

Everything, used to be so good, but now I came back from maternity and this newcross is just a joke, they dont pay enough. Always is complains from houses but when you raise a complain you are just ignored, not even allowed to make a complain. The office staff very rude, no respect at all.

3 people found this review helpful

Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments about flexibility. However, it concerns us that your overall experience hasn’t been positive. We take complaints very seriously. This is why we introduced the ‘Rate a Carer’ system and conduct regular employee surveys. We would find it incredibly beneficial if we could have a conversation. If you’re comfortable providing more detail with regards your review, please email communications@newcrosshealthcare.com and include your contact details.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Newcross go above and beyond for clients and employees

Nov 5, 2018 - Complex Healthcare Assistant in Newport, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Newcross really do support you as an employee. Being a working mum with a small daughter can be challenging, but with newcross they really help With flexability and truely understand that family and the wellbeing of their staff is a big priority! The training and overall support you get 24/7 is above and beyond. Central support the out of hours support line is always answered quickly and the call handler is always up to date on any information that is request its FANTASTIC! Overall i must say that Newcross is outstanding as an employee and outstanding as a care provider

Cons

To be honest i havent in my personal opinion found any real down sides to working for Newcross apart from the complex care app isnt user friendly and is abit dated. And also the website could do with a redesign and made again user friendly. Also more advertising as so many people are unaware of newcross when needing care, or looking to working in the care industry.

Newcross Healthcare

Thanks for the review. I’m hoping that with some of the changes we’ve been making for our Complex Care teams any ‘cons’ you have listed have now switched to ‘pros’. Pleased to have you as part of the Newcross family.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Progressive and quality focused company

Aug 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Totnes, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Newcross are a business that strive to deliver very high standards to clients and therefore, expect high standards from their employees, if you embrace this the rewards are great, if you don't then you will likely end up writing a negative review on glassdoor!

Cons

If you are looking to coast along then Newcross is not the company for you. However, if you are passionate about what you do and like to give your best then they are a fantastic company to work for.

8. 2.0

Newcross Sales Solutions?

Mar 9, 2018 - Registered Nurse in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immediate team great to work with and friendly. Good hours. Convenient office location. Not much else that great really unfortunately.

Cons

Should be renamed Newcross Sales Solutions! BCMs (I’m sure being taken to task from above them) constantly pushing for hours when it’s unsafe to staff care packages. Loosing good staff because of their inflexibility. Out of date time sheet system. Just not great. Better companies out there.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Clueless middle management

Sep 21, 2017 - Business Centre Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn about healthcare agency provision so you can move on to a much better paid employer who values good employees. Healthcare staff have great opportunity for training.

Cons

Middle management are completely clueless in regard to how to effectively line manage and motivate their team. Use bullying tactics and get through business centre managers like biro's generating extremely high turn over of office staff supporting the people on the front line delivering care. Healthcare staff disposable Poor salary Complex bonus not worth having BCM's have to complete weekly report for client visits; those who make them up get a pat on the back. Many offices are shabby and you get to clean the decaying rooms after working a busy day .. no budget for a cleaner and if you want to buy a client some chocolates you have to get senior management approval or buy it yourself Hourly rate for healthcare staff is bumped up by paying holiday pay back to staff; basic hourly rate poor and holiday pay is designed to fund holiday not to mask a poor hourly rate. Newcross charge their employees for liability insurance weekly out of wages. Staff are conned into thinking this is to insure them if they are injured or unable to work due to health but it's to insure newcross if co sued for wrong doing. That should be their cost not the staff's. Clobbered on tax for horrid BMW co car (so you can feel like the local drug dealer arriving at client visits) blingtastic on the outside, basic on inside. Sales training delivered by a director is like something from the 80's second hand car dealer - cringe !

6 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Decided not to work for Newcross because of poor pay rates which were not disclosed at interview

Jul 29, 2017 - Registered Nurse in Colchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't really say as it was a non starter. They provided a sandwich and a packet of crisps for lunch on day of induction

Cons

At the interview the manager would not tell me what the pay rates were but he promised it would be more than my current agency pay. So I payed to register with this agency. On the day of induction I was horrified to see that the pay rate was less than £15 per hour. They add holiday pay to the hourly rate in an attempt to make it look more attractive. On their website it said there was work available in areas local to me. In reality this was not true. I was offered work which would have involved 100 mile round trip. So I wasted my time and money joining Newcross. The complaints process is not effective as I was ignored for weeks. Eventually they stick their head in the sand and are unable to recognise their dishonesty and failings.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews