Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews about "office staff"

Updated 22 Oct 2020

3.3
Newcross Healthcare Solutions Founders Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick (no image)
Michelle Gorringe and Stephen Pattrick
Pros
  • "Newcross really do support you as an employee(in 18 reviews)

• "They really look after you-office staff are cheerful and helpful(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are looking to coast along then Newcross is not the company for you(in 22 reviews)

• "Has no care for office staff mental well being(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "office staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fantastic company"

Current Employee - Healthcare Support Worker in Bristol, England

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really look after you-office staff are cheerful and helpful

Cons

Never know when a shift is coming

April 16, 2019Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for leaving such a ‘fantastic’ review of your Newcross experience. We’re pleased you are finding our people warm and welcoming. As you know, we are working hard on our new mobile app to ensure our staff can easily balance their shift bookings and personal life.

2. "Great for clients/Healthcare workers - not so great for branch/office staff"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Business Center Manager in London, England

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good earning potential Varied fast passed work, never a dull day Company truly looks after healthcare staff and provides excellent client services.

Cons

Regional/operation management are disconnected, unsupportive and do not value hard working office staff. Turnover of office/branch and regional management is incredibly high. Pressure from regional management endorses a “cover yourself” culture Work life balance is non existent Ever changing goal posts from regional management clearly under pressure from operational management. Micromanagement causing unnecessary work in branches.

3. "Disappointment"

Current Contractor - Healthcare Assistant in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions for more than 3 years

Pros

Promised the earth at interview and for a while appeared to be a great company but as they take on new staff the older staff are neglected. The attitude of office staff is less than satisfactory.

Cons

In 3.5 years have gone from 5 shifts a week to none in 5 months. Not at all what they promised.

July 23, 2020Newcross Healthcare

At Newcross, we're passionate about providing the best employee experience and this starts with the recruitment process. We would like to discuss your experience further to see if we can resolve your issue. Please reach out via communications@newcrosshealthcare.com

4. "Good company"

4.0

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good resources for candidates, a full day of induction training. They really invest in their staff.

Cons

Salary for office staff isn’t that good and bonus scheme is hard to hit

June 27, 2019Newcross Healthcare

Thanks for sharing your views. We're really pleased you have taken the time to offer feedback. We will share your pros and cons with the team. Very best wishes for your future.

"Worse agency ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Flexibility is best thing, in rest nothing good.

Cons

Everything, used to be so good, but now I came back from maternity and this newcross is just a joke, they dont pay enough. Always is complains from houses but when you raise a complain you are just ignored, not even allowed to make a complain. The office staff very rude, no respect at all.

April 24, 2019Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments about flexibility. However, it concerns us that your overall experience hasn’t been positive. We take complaints very seriously. This is why we introduced the ‘Rate a Carer’ system and conduct regular employee surveys. We would find it incredibly beneficial if we could have a conversation. If you’re comfortable providing more detail with regards your review, please email communications@newcrosshealthcare.com and include your contact details.

"Bullied"

Former Employee - Business Centre Manager

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time

Pros

Company Car Although your told not to drive it too much

Cons

As a new starter, I had very little training. I felt that I was expected to know everything from the word go. I highlighted this to HR in the hope of getting support and was told that it wouldn't change. I was told that my line manager was lacking in people skills and i should be prepared for that. As a consequence, I was bullied and victimised from the start. Office staff did not want to be there. I was left on my own in the second week and expected to know what to do. My junior employee took it upon themselves to talk to my manager for the way they were unprofessional to me. Phone calls are monitored by management, so what I thought was a confidential conversation turned out to not be. It is not an aggressive style of management, it is pure bullying.

April 24, 2019Newcross Healthcare

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently re-assessed our staff onboarding. We are concerned about the negative experience you’ve had and we take your comments very seriously. If you’re comfortable providing more detail with regards your review please email communications@newcrosshealthcare.com and include your contact details and employee number if you have it to hand.

"Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - HCA in Torquay, England

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Newcross for four years now. Having job hopped most of my adult life I've found agency work really suits me. As a Newcross employee I feel both valued and respected. We have good rates of pay and can work hours to suit. Both my HCA/Support Worker colleagues and office staff are a great bunch. I'd highly recommend a job within the company.

Cons

I can't honestly think of any!

"HCA"

5.0

I have been working at Newcross Healthcare Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours, Great Pay and Lovely office staff

Cons

Some homes don't pay mileage

"Flexible and caring"

Current Employee - Healthcare Assistant in Bristol, England

Pros

Flexible around my personal life, lovely office staff who go above and beyond to help you. Great to work with a team and be part of a company who care. Love the Newcross Bulletin as it keeps me up to date with stuff going on and a really good intranet which helps with any questions you have.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a lot of phone calls from the Central Support.

"Health care Assistant"

2.0
    Former Employee - HCA in Taunton, England

I worked at Newcross Healthcare Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Understanding office staff and different types of work experience.

Cons

£50 pullout charges You have to pay for uniform, CRB and training - the credits are not useful because sometimes you dont get enough to cover training. And i was on complex care and was charged for epilepsy training which i should of gotten for free because of the packages of care i was on! No bonus or benefits for normal staff except office. Expected to go to training after a night shift. Pay 30 pound or more for your own training. Holiday pay is paid in your hourly rate so looks more. Some complex care staff are on contracts and on packages of care so they could do proper holiday pay. This also makes your hourly rate look more but once you take your holiday pay out actually works out at minium wage. Which isnt much when your on a package of care with big responsibility.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 English Reviews