Newton Europe Associate Director Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Associate Director

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge focus on personal development, with excellent training opportunities (in 14 reviews)

• The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Working away from home during the week; can be quite tough with longer hours when projects get busy (in 32 reviews)

• A lot of travel and at times need to put in some long hours (in 7 reviews)

"Joining Newton with 12 years previous experience"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Chichester, England
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Chichester, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The personal development opportunities are exceptional for graduates and experienced hires. I joined with 12 years of experience within a high volume manufacturing company. After getting to grips with Newton methodologies and the business in general, I was able to combine my new found knowledge with previous capabilities and know how to accelerate on to Associate Director in just over 5 years.

Cons

Managing your work life balance takes effort. Being mobile means that you are away from home and you need to plan your home life more rigorously than in other jobs

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on refining Newton as we grow, the support to people delivering projects, development opportunities and most importantly the culture are all things worth protecting as we expand

"The ultimate personal development experience"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Being part of a rapidly growing consultancy is an amazing experience - over the past few years I have learnt a huge amount from the clients I have worked with as well as Newton's own evolution. I have always being positively stretched in the roles I have been asked to take on, challenged hard and supported as needed. Combining that with the variety of clients I have worked with across a whole range of sectors means I struggle to imagine another career where I could have developed as quickly.

Cons

Being part of Newton is addictive meaning you tend to fill more of your life with it! Many of my best 'extra-curricular' experiences have been shared with Newton people, to the extent that a whole bunch of them came to my wedding! However it is not for the feint hearted - to get the most out of it you need to really throw yourself into it and clearly this won't be suitable for everybody.

Advice to Management

So far it has been an exciting and engaging experience! As long as Newton keep aiming to have fun and be different I'm sure the next few years will be more of the same.

"Fantastic people who challenge and support you in equal measure"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are the standard reasons to work in a consultancy, such as the variety of work, the opportunity to learn quickly and the often good remuneration packages, but Newton has been able to offer me much more than this. Having experience first hand how different other consultancies are, I can safely say that the culture at Newton, to actually deliver results as well as looking out for those you work with, is truly unique! I'm constantly reminded about how good the people are around me and that I need to continue to improve just to keep pace.

Cons

Being exposed in your role is a risk if you aren't open to asking for support. This allows people to develop very quickly if managed in the right way, but can be extremely tough to get through if you take on too much and don't look for support. The business works hard to give people a stretching enough role, whilst providing quality development support, but some people do slip through the net.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture as it's the fantastic people that make the business what it is.