Newton Europe Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge focus on personal development, with excellent training opportunities (in 14 reviews)

• The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • You do have to spend significant time away from home during the week, but it (in 35 reviews)

• Lots of travel, away from home 5 days a week (in 8 reviews)

1. "Amazing People"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the brightest, most driven, nicest people you will ever meet. They are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and form amazing client relationships as a result

Cons

You do have to spend significant time away from home during the week, but it’s made up for by having clear weekends.

"Exciting place to work if you fit the mould, otherwise can be horrible"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Newton Europe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of focus on professional and personal growth/development
    Great responsibility early on
    Good salary package/everything paid for during the week bar lunch

Cons

Very little diversity
    Feels like a cult
    If you're not part of the cult-like behaviour, can be uncomfortable
    Not many empathetic people considering the type of work, although this is receiving more attention
    People can be very arrogant
    Work away from home during the week

Advice to Management

Focus more on diversity
    Put KPIs on well-being that actually matter and have impact

3. "Challenging and Fun"

Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Bath, England
    Current Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in Bath, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy from day 1, fun, opportunities and expectations for development and growth, and working with incredibly smart people

Cons

Being away from home Monday-Friday, the travel and lifestyle doesn't suit everyone

4. "Great work and great people"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I feel like the work I do makes a valuable difference to my clients. I also love the people I work with - it’s fun, respectful and highly charged.

Cons

There’s no doubt that the travel and being away on client sites is a pain at times, but personally I like the variety of people and places.

Advice to Management

Don’t lose our focus on people and genuine value add with our client’s. Keep us different to other consultancies.

5. "Exciting varied work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oxford, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to develop
    Fun extra-curricular activities such as ski-sailing trips
    Exciting varied work

Cons

Significant travel at the start and end of week.
    Away from home during the week but home for 18:00 on a Friday

"Great company, but can be long hours during the week. Great opportunity for advancement aged development."

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Great team work culture, fun events and a leadership team that's really interested in its people. Great training and development.

Cons

Long hours and does not pay as much as other consultancies for more senior role. Salaries are shown as packages which can be difficult to interpret.

7. "Operation graduate role"

Former Employee - Graduate in London, England
    Former Employee - Graduate in London, England

I worked at Newton Europe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High starting salary
    Cares about employees

Cons

Online test is hard, you need to practice

"Still interesting after a couple of years!"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Personal develoment- this is always a focus on every project and the work is challenging.

Transparency and openness - compared to other companies of this size, Newton is unusually open with why decisions are made, and is good at seeking out and responding to feedback.

The vast majority of people are fun and importantly care about each other- all the way from consultant to back office to director.

Cons

Lack of diversity - good efforts are being made to improve this in recruitment. However once within the company, people who fit a certain personality mould tend to be celebrated more than others, and there is a subtle pressure to act / think in that mould.

Advice to Management

Please continue focusing on diversity even after people have joined the company- we will be a poorer place if we don't act on this and end up with talented people finding other places to work.

"Outstanding - just make sure you know what to expect"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Oxford, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We love Newton.

Newton gives you access to world-beating clients and their board-level issues, in more depth than most direct employees would ever see. You'll be expected to assess, design and - most importantly - deliver improvements equivalent to millions of pounds on the bottom-line of FTSE100 businesses, and all within a few months of joining. Whether it's building warships, banking, producing food or running an operating theatre you'll be able to get stuck in and help our clients deliver what they do best, better.

At Newton you'll be given independence and autonomy as soon as you want it, but with a strong support network around you all the way.

Cons

Make sure you know what to expect. Newton isn't like most consultancies - in that you will never work a weekend and there's a healthy respect for the work/life balance - but it is still hard work in the week. It's definitely not a 9 to 5 and won't suit you if that's what you're after. Late nights are very rare but expected when required, and you'll be away from home four nights a week.

If you're joining as an Experienced Hire, make sure you speak with your recruiter about the Induction and Business Consultant roles to make sure you understand the role in full. Working at Newton is very different and very challenging, so you'll be expected to work in what's effectively a holding role for 12-18 months. This doesn't affect your benefits, but gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your capability at each level before you take on your hired role. It can be surprising for some Experienced Hires that you'll learn the business from the ground up just like a new Graduate would, so do make sure you ask and familiarise yourself first.

10. "Interesting, rewarding work that really makes a difference and a fun company to work for"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety and change as you do many projects across different sectors; challenging projects in a good way - always being stretched that little bit; morally rewarding work with public sector organisations making a real difference to the end users; good rewards package and great opportunities to develop professionally; strong focus on the social side of the company with lots of events to bring employees together; work expenses are all covered

Cons

Working away from home during the week; can be quite tough with longer hours when projects get busy