Newton Europe Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Newton Europe Founding Directors  Andrew Hawes and Tom Wedgwood
Andrew Hawes and Tom Wedgwood
Pros
Cons
  • "Being on client site 9 days in a fortnight means you are away from home a lot(in 43 reviews)

• "Being away from home Monday-Friday, the travel and lifestyle doesn't suit everyone(in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Best"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Newton Europe part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Personal Development Energy Growth Impact Teamwork No limit on the number of promotions - so no internal competition for places Fun No weekend working (really) Impressive clients Share options for senior team A great place to learn A career accelerator

Cons

All consuming - flat out from 5:30am on a Monday until 6pm on a Friday every week. This could obviously be seen as a strength too! A strong culture for people with previous experience to join - it definitely can and has worked, but it takes time (years) and commitment to see it through Diversity - although there’s been a recent recognition of this and is beginning to change

Newton Europe2019-08-06
  2. "Excellent people to work with; there is a real focus on development."

Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging, varied work that is delivered alongside client teams. There is a real focus on development and it is very meritocratic.

Cons

Being on client site 9 days in a fortnight means you are away from home a lot.

Newton Europe2020-01-16
  3. "Think twice before applying"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

On the whole, friendly and intelligent people. Good pay, great profit share bonuses recently. People are there on merit and no one just coasts along. Opportunities to work on interesting things and get a lot of exposure and responsibility early on.

Cons

Arrogance. Little diversity. There's a Newton style person (white, male, Oxbridge, athletic) and if you don't fit that it can be an uncomfortable place to work. The pay keeps you there and putting up with being miserable. You're sold the dream during the recruitment process but the reality doesn't live up to it. The downside of no one coasting along is the constant threat of being fired, and seeing this happen to lots of people around you. Most activities revolve around alcohol, bringing out the worst in people and causing lots of behaviour you don't expect to see in work, more like a stag party.

Newton Europe2020-01-25

Newton Europe Response

January 30, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback – we are sorry to hear of your concerns. In the past 12 months we’ve increased our focus on diversity, bringing in external experts and working with a more diverse group of societies across a wider set of universities. We know we still have more to do and will be continuing to work on this. We take comments from our employees seriously and we would encourage you to reach out to our HR team as feedback like this helps us to continually improve. Please do get in touch here: HRshared@newtoneurope.com

Continue reading
  4. "Good start to a career in consluting"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Oxford, England

I worked at Newton Europe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career progression, L&D, Mentoring, Renumeration, Company get aways

Cons

Poor work - life balance, up or out, very ops ffocused - cost cutting, performance improvement etc., litle to no strategy, mostly manufacturing, Nothing in power, utilties or oil and gas, not very tech savy.

Newton Europe2020-01-06
  5. "Newton is an incredibly rewarding, stretching and fun experience"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Culture is amazing Work is impactful People are incredible You are stretched massively from the start

Cons

You have to live away from home monday to friday (weekends are absolutely no work allowed)

Newton Europe2019-12-10

"Toxic culture"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Focus on training and personal development Projects are a lottery - some seem to have quite a nice lifestyle

Cons

Salary low considering work-life balance. People work 80hrs per week on assessments, sometimes for months at a time. Employees under constant threat of performance management or being asked to leave. About half leave in the first year. Most work revolves around making products or systems worse, or making people redundant. Work is often unsustainable and numbers adjusted to tell the right story. A lot of those working there are quietly miserable. Crying at work is normalised.

Newton Europe2020-01-12

Newton Europe Response

January 13, 2020Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear of your concerns. We go to great lengths to gauge the satisfaction and well-being of our staff, in order to identify issues and take action to help when problems are raised. Our fortnightly satisfaction survey offers everyone at Newton the opportunity to voice any difficulties, with a ‘quick response’ option for immediate support. Please do get in touch with us if you'd like to discuss further. Our HR team would be happy to talk through your concerns.

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, Interesting colleagues, Social aspects

Cons

Inexperienced and variable management. Variable experience based on luck

Newton Europe2019-12-18
  8. "Best place i've worked"

Current Employee - Head Office

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture People focussed Career progression Welcoming environment Benefits

Cons

I cannot think of anything to identify as a con

Newton Europe2019-12-03

"As good as it says on the tin"

Former Employee - Senior Business Manager in Cambridge, England

I worked at Newton Europe full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Newton is a unique company. It employs fantastically bright, hard working, personable and brilliant people. It supports its employees like no one else, is incredibly reasonable, pragmatic, supportive and generous. I have had the incredible pleasure of 9 fabulous years working there and have made many firends for life, been treated to experiences and opportunities I'd have never had the chance elsewhere and learnt and done things I never though I would!

Cons

The only downside of working at Newton is the fact you have to be away from home quite a lot. This is only really a downside if you don't like being away from home and for me, in my early 20s, I enjoyed it too. Yes it's hard work, and emotionaly draining, but that's worth it when the work you're doing is value adding, has a clear purpose, is making a difference to the businesses and people you're wokring with and you can see the tangible and real improvemets hitting the bottom line of your clients.

Newton Europe2019-11-20

"Good consultancy - consultancy lifestyle is tough though!"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture. They make an effort to keep people happy away from home They really mean it when they say they'll get you home for 6pm on a Friday and no one works weekends

Cons

The travel - 5 days a week away from home wears you down There isn't an hours culture but be prepared for some long days

Newton Europe2019-11-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 119 reviews