Newton Europe Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Newton Europe Reviews

Updated 20 November 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Huge focus on personal development, with excellent training opportunities (in 14 reviews)

• The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Working away from home during the week; can be quite tough with longer hours when projects get busy (in 33 reviews)

• Lots of travel, away from home 5 days a week (in 8 reviews)

1. "Incredible Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Huge amount of responsibility from an early stage, real focus on personal development. Working on incredibly exciting and meaningful projects, surrounded by fun and supportive team

Cons

Lifestyle can be difficult but such is the nature of consulting. Newton do everything they can to support you and make it fun.

Advice to Management

Very flat structure so any advice to management can be given directly to them. They want to improve the company as much as anybody

"Great people and culture, exciting work"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England

I worked at Newton Europe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My colleagues were all incredibly talented people who were genuinely fun to work with. The recruitment process looks for strong social skills and that is clearly noticeable in the company culture.

The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it. This isn't a job for people with just great chat or ideas, you actually need to be able to get results by working with people of all layers within the clients.

Cons

The lifestyle is full on. You are working away from home Monday to Friday, living in hotels. All is paid for and the company cars are great, but you will not be able to join social events at home during the week.

3. "Consultant"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Interesting, varied and challenging work. Friendly, fun and very open culture. Strong emphasis on feedback and personal development.

Cons

Lots of travel and almost all evenings away from home during the week, but this is compensated for by not having an hours culture and always being at home from 6pm on a Friday to 6am on a Monday.

5. "Fantastic Place to work"

I worked at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

The people - the most enthusiastic and friendly team I've ever seen. The culture - the company spend alot of time and money taking care of you.

Cons

The lifestyle - whilst being on the road for the majority of your time might suit some people, it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining the culture as you grow. it would be a shame to hit 1000 people but have lost the culture.

"Incredible Development Journey"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge investment in personal development and the significant responsibility given early on allowing you to develop as fast as you can

The company is a breath of fresh air to work for, constantly challenging you, each other and our clients

People are not just colleagues but become close friends. The company culture fosters a fun atmosphere

Great perks bespoke to Newton

Cons

We work on client-site, meaning we have to work hard and deliver value to the client. There is no room to coast along, but that is part of the excitement! The lifestyle, especially early in the career is away from home 4 nights a week, which may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Do not compromise on the quality of people being brought in despite the rapid growth.

7. "Amazing people, great culture"

Pros

Intelligent and motivated people to work with and a big focus on personal development. The responsibility you get early on in your career is unrivalled in the industry.

Cons

You work away from home most of the time, but the company makes sure that you don't leave too early on a Monday morning, and you're home by 6pm on a Friday.

"Be part of something different"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Tetbury, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Tetbury, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A genuinely different consultancy proposition which means we deliver results
    Excellent personal growth
    Steep remuneration curve, equity stake at business manager and above
    Fun and challenging (in a good way) culture with many solid friendships made
    Rewarding work
    Meritocratic recruitment and promotions system

Cons

Delivering on client site necessitates being away from home, and though that lessens as you become more senior it never stops being a requirement to be away 2-4 nights per week

Advice to Management

Don't ever compromise on the calibre of those you're bringing in or the culture you drive

"A fantastic 4 years and more to come"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The number one pro is the work. Every project i have worked on (and now manage) push us and the client to do something exciting. I get a huge sense of satisfaction from seeing first hand the change that we create.

The learning and development opportunities in Newton are simply brilliant. 4 years as an experienced hire and i am still on 'the edge of comfort', constantly pushing learning through innovative courses and learning on the job.

A big pro is the quality of employees. Working with such a talented group, who challenge from top to bottom is hugely rewarding.

The salary is good, i feel i get rewarded for my effort. Annual leave is generous.

Cons

The job requires you to be mobile, so personally i find the travel a bit much on occasion. That being said, i am making it work even with a baby in the family.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the growth of the company and focus relentlessly on keeping the culture. The culture is what i found so attractive 4 years ago, and to date, we have maintained it even through doubling in size.

"Entrepreneurial Company with Great Personal Development"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture of having fun and team spirit
    Company is growing rapidly (which means you have to as well)
    Personal development and growth
    Really actually drive change in client businesses - very satisfying
    Steep remuneration curve

Cons

Stretching roles and tough environments means its hard work
    Living away from home during the week strains realtionships

Advice to Management

Keep the small company vibe

"Accelerated development"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Everyone is absolutely focused on your development. Good pay, great people, great autonomy. You'll never work a weekend. Ever.

Cons

Away from home most of the week. Can be intense work at times.