Newton Europe Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Newton Europe Reviews

Updated 16 May 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Huge focus on personal development, with excellent training opportunities" (in 14 reviews)

• "The work itself is diverse and you can get great responsibility early on by proving you can handle it" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "You do have to spend significant time away from home during the week, but it’s made up for by having clear weekends" (in 35 reviews)

• "Lots of travel, away from home 5 days a week" (in 8 reviews)

"A fantastic 4 years and more to come"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The number one pro is the work. Every project i have worked on (and now manage) push us and the client to do something exciting. I get a huge sense of satisfaction from seeing first hand the change that we create.

The learning and development opportunities in Newton are simply brilliant. 4 years as an experienced hire and i am still on 'the edge of comfort', constantly pushing learning through innovative courses and learning on the job.

A big pro is the quality of employees. Working with such a talented group, who challenge from top to bottom is hugely rewarding.

The salary is good, i feel i get rewarded for my effort. Annual leave is generous.

Cons

The job requires you to be mobile, so personally i find the travel a bit much on occasion. That being said, i am making it work even with a baby in the family.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the growth of the company and focus relentlessly on keeping the culture. The culture is what i found so attractive 4 years ago, and to date, we have maintained it even through doubling in size.

"Entrepreneurial Company with Great Personal Development"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Oxford, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic culture of having fun and team spirit
    Company is growing rapidly (which means you have to as well)
    Personal development and growth
    Really actually drive change in client businesses - very satisfying
    Steep remuneration curve

Cons

Stretching roles and tough environments means its hard work
    Living away from home during the week strains realtionships

Advice to Management

Keep the small company vibe

"Accelerated development"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Everyone is absolutely focused on your development. Good pay, great people, great autonomy. You'll never work a weekend. Ever.

Cons

Away from home most of the week. Can be intense work at times.

"Awesome place to work"

Pros

Office based, amazing / intelligent people, work trips, great pay packages, personal development and prospects.

Cons

None as yet, although could do with a bit more parking!

Advice to Management

Keep the culture!

"Genuinely awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Newton Europe (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with and for oustanding people
    Rapid career progression
    Challenging work with good variety
    Supportive & fun culture

Cons

Lots of time away from home - this can be managed to an extent, and Newton are flexible, but it's tough to do the job without being on-site. Expect to be away 4 nights a week on average

Advice to Management

Keep supporting people's development
    Maintain the entrepreneurial feel as we grow
    Keep the balance of sectors to make sure there is always variety of work
    Make sure salaries compete with those that compete for our people, not just those who compete with us for work

"Great for interns, otherwise give it a skip"

Pros

Positive
    Energetic
    Can-do attitute all over the place
    Smart people

Cons

Arrogant culture
    Very young group of consultants (could be a pro if you're young too - 20-24yrs)
    Drinking, drinking, drinking (again - could be a pro for some)
    Hotel lifestyle
    Very low pay - acceptable for interns

Advice to Management

Why not getting more experienced people in (30+ yrs of age) and doing even better.

"Challenging and Rewarding"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time

Pros

Early responsibility, working on problems that really matter and making change happen not writing endless powerpoint. Amazing team of people, team spirit and culture. Work is intense rather than long hours, weekends are work free. Growth of the business means lots of opportunity to step up.
    I've haven't seen a client role I'd want in preference to my consulting role, so it suggests I'm in the right place.

Cons

Working full time on client sites we're expected to deliver and there is nowhere to hide or coast. Working away from home is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

As our projects get bigger, make sure we keep the entrepreneurial feel of the project teams and the business. Make sure that the people think business first before their sector.

"Rewarding, fun and challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunities to grow personally and to grow a large part of the business in an environment where I feel supported to succeed. Plus great clients and a great team, many have become strong personal friends.

Cons

The fast growth brings strains at times and we work hard to keep the quality really high and the environment fun. So it's not an easy job.

Advice to Management

Focus on the development of the management skills of the team, as the improvements in recent years have been positive. All of the people from other professional firms who join Newton have brought a lot of value and there is plenty still to learn to ensure we are remain a great company to work for with a great culture.

"An exciting challenge with brilliant people"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#1 - the people - everyone here is so smart and driven, and they're also amazing to have a laugh with
    #2 - the culture - there's a huge desire to grow, both personally and as a whole
    #3 - the variety - the range of sectors and roles is awesome

Cons

The lifestyle can get a little tough, having to be away from home during the week. This gets better as you get more senior, and to be honest I've never had to work on the week - I've been there 3 years now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture and keep recruiting amazing people!

10. "A fantastic journey"

I have been working at Newton Europe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing people and clients.
    People - There are not many companies where you can genuinely be inspired by and learn from all your colleagues. A huge amount of effort goes into selecting and developing the best people. Programme structures and financial incentivisation deliberately designed to create a sense of team work and access to support should this be required. Tangible and impressive culture.
    Client work - The scale of work Clients ask us to support them with grows in magnitude and importance every year. Having the opportunity to make massive change across all our sectors.

Cons

As expected lifestyle is more challenging in consulting roles. As you progress and become more senior this becomes more manageable. Change is constant - as the business grows it needs to re-invent part of itself every 18 months - not necessarily for everyone

Advice to Management

Keeping true to those bits which have made us successful to date - client needs first, contingent fee model, relentless focus on recruiting and developing the best people. Continually challenging and re-inventing those bits which need to change as we grow