Newton Europe Employee Reviews about "lifestyle"

Updated Nov 8, 2021

Found 186 of over 191 reviews

4.2
Newton Europe Founding Directors  Andrew Hawes and Tom Wedgwood
Andrew Hawes and Tom Wedgwood
Pros
  • "Strong focus on personal development(in 22 reviews)

• "Career progression and personal development are highly regarded(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some don’t like working away from home Monday-Thursday(in 56 reviews)

• "Lots of travel, often long hours, can be stressful(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

7,085

606 Comments

Consulting

262.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Newton Europe~412875
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "lifestyle"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

collaborative culture

Nov 8, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company to be a part of generous salary great benefits good culture

Cons

no cons I loved working for this company

2. 3.0

Fun but flawed

Oct 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remuneration - the company pays well, the work is often impactful and the benefits are good e.g. profit share. But the company owns you Mon - Fri and 9-5pm does not exist. However, weekends are largely protected. Career development - a strong commitment to professional development. Although the culture can encourage people to hide behind rigid HR processes and the feedback is far too deficit based. Impact - individuals are empowered to get involved with well-meaning and fun internal initiatives e.g. Pride. But this can be tough as due to the highly pressured environment and demands on time. Socials - a huge amount is spent on some great team bonding and information sharing events e.g. Review Nights / Days - although there does need to be much clearer boundary setting. Quality of workforce - consultants are largely good at what they do (although this can encourage arrogance and a lack of humility). People work hard. The recruitment process is rigorous for HQ too, but this encourages ‘more of the same’ and not enough diversity across the board.

Cons

Diversity - The vast majority (circa 95%) of senior management are white males. Improvement is slow, D&I initiatives are basic and excuses are plenty (hire a real D&I expert). A lot of lip service and no real progress. Leadership - department heads at HQ hide behind infinitely more talented junior colleagues. Utterly uninspiring and lacking in any creativity - particularly marketing and ops. Inclusion - if someone dares to go against the grain, or show any kind of difference (sadly, I count mental health here) they are often pinpointed as a problem and ‘exited’. People often aren’t treated as individuals. There are many highly academic people, but some struggle to recognise their own lack of empathy and internal biases. Work / life balance - it’s a young person’s game. Consultants are onsite during the week dedicated to client work. HQ colleagues are often overloaded and pulled in too many directions.

Continue reading
      9 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Oct 27, 2021 - Digital Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots to get involved in inside and outside of work - Industry changing work - Strong focus on personal development - Quick progression

Cons

- The travelling doesn't suit everyone - Compensation package isn't as competitive as it once was

Continue reading
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work

Sep 15, 2021 - Regional Employer Brand Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work and friendly people

Cons

Not a central city location

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great

Sep 7, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never a dull moment, always working with exciting clients.

Cons

Long days and Long hours.

6. 1.0

No diversity, awful culture

Oct 8, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay package is good compared to most other places as a grad.

Cons

Absolutely no diversity. Only 2 women in senior leadership roles and even fewer people of other ethnic/ cultural backgrounds. This isn't seen as an issue or priority by management. Absolutely no care for people's mental wellbeing.

8 people found this review helpful

Newton Europe Response

Head of Employer Brand

We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion and we would like to take the opportunity to address a few points that you have raised if we may. At Newton, we are striving to ensure that diversity and inclusion is celebrated and at the heart of what we do. We want to make Newton a place where everyone feels welcome, included and can thrive, and it is one of our top priorities. We’ve appointed an EDI manager to help us become a place of workplace equality. We acknowledge that one person alone cannot achieve this, so we have created an internal diversity network group who play an important role in supporting employees from different cultural backgrounds, regularly holding meetings, panel discussions and networking sessions. We have also restructured our board to be more representative in terms of both gender and diversity. We’re all about implementation at Newton and as such it’s not enough to just set out a vision – we’re here to make it a reality too. In that spirit, we have set ourselves tangible targets in four different areas of diversity, which will ensure that we reflect society more broadly, as well as the clients we work with. Our internal network (N Groups) are internally run, grassroots initiatives and consist of N-Clude, Wom-N, N-Pride, mental and physical disability and ethnicity networks. They are designed to give a voice to all our people and support a more inclusive environment. Finally, we know that we need to support the well-being of our people to ensure that they feel welcome, included and can thrive. We hold fortnightly people N-gauge survey and monthly people discussions and have appointed mental health first aiders. We have just launched a new Employee Assistance Programme service which offers counselling sessions as well as dedicated mental health support and 24/7 GP service to all employees. To help promote day-to-day well-being we are appointing champions across our business areas. If you wish to discuss any of the points raised with us in confidence, please do reach out to the Employer Brand team.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Graduate Opportunity

Aug 30, 2021 - Digital Consultant in Oxford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people to work with - Lots of client interaction from week 1 on a project - Management care about your development - Quick progression - Good social life within the company - Company is growing

Cons

- Some don’t like working away from home Monday-Thursday - Entry level salary is competitive, but hasn’t increased in some years, whilst competitors have increased theirs in the past year

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Salary

Jul 12, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

38,500 base as a grad

Cons

Can be a high pressure environment

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Talented company that do good work

Jul 20, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are surrounded by incredibly capable, driven and lovely people. Newton really try to do the best by their clients, working in a very collaborative way. Newton will keep pushing until the results are seen for the client. The work is genuinely helpful. Newton really try to look after their people. Wellbeing is a top priority. A lot of focus on development. You are given a lot of responsibility and scope from day 1. How a team is developing is important for managers.

Cons

The work can feel very stressful and relentless. A lot is asked of our teams. The days can feel very pressurised for long periods of time. Travel and away from home Mon-Thurs/Fri

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great value to clients & Superb development opportunities

Jul 8, 2021 - Operations Management Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Super immersive role in fast-paced, value-add projects - Great development opportunities - Culture of performance improvement is now being channelled internally towards diversity and sustainability, which is great to see

Cons

- Living away from home during the week, when based on client site - not for everyone

Viewing 1 - 10 of 186 Reviews