Nominet Reviews

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Data Engineer

Sep 22, 2021 - Data Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Everything was great at NomioNet

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ticks all the right boxes

Aug 6, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

* A collaborative, open and honest culture - everyone is always willing to help and managers strive to get the best from you. Everyone works together to get the job done well. I feel empowered and encouraged in my role and everyone is happy to help when needed - sometimes going out of their way to help which really means a lot. * A medium size company with a big vision - Nominet is ambitious and is continuously looking to improve and add value, looking at how things can be done differently. The company value staff input and ideas from employees are always taken on board and acted upon. * A company with a heart - Nominets Social Impact team are consistently delivering projects that help socially disadvantaged people in society benefit digitally. The aim is to improve 1 million lives a year. * A great work life balance with very flexible working arrangements. The company really cares about the wellbeing of the staff and offer great initiatives to support employees achieve a great work life balance. Despite COVID-19 , the company have worked hard to bring together socially through various means which is appreciated. * Great benefits / perks I have really enjoyed my first few months here and hope the journey continues going forward

Cons

I really cant think of any!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company

May 24, 2021 - Frontend Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Always striving for the best * Employees wellbeing at the heart of the company * Amazing perks and packages * Open culture * Workplace feels like family * Listening to employees feedback and doing acting upon it

Cons

* Improve project management * Break down the communication silos

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Oh stay away

Jun 20, 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Terrible strategy and management there

Cons

All all all all all

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Too much fluff

Apr 6, 2021 - Project Manager in Oxford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues in IT Facilities do a great job

Cons

Senior management seem too concerned about glossy internal promotion about themselves (including support functions) especially about company values etc and not so focused on producing quality outputs and supporting front line teams.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture and work life balance

Feb 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Nominet are great to work with. They are a great team of people with expert knowledge who want to work together to get the job done well. The company really cares about the wellbeing of the staff. The company is ambitious and wants to improve and add more value, including a great public benefit mission. Very flexible working arrangements and good work life balance.

Cons

The ambition can mean there are too many competing priorities making it hard to focus. Or jumping from one critical deadline to the next without time to breathe. The differences with some of the membership causes instability and distraction from time to time.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Still good, but once great

Mar 10, 2021 - Mid Management in Oxford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues. There was always a great environment at work, and felt like from home for many years.

Cons

I still consider them my best ever employer, but this is largely due to the time I served under Lesley Cowley as CEO and briefly for Dr Willie Black, because they genuinely cared and put their staff first, understanding that happy staff work hard to make the company succeed. I had to leave after the latest CEO took over because the culture change was heart-breaking, and the constant reorgs seemed like nothing more than getting rid of all those who were loyal long serving members of staff so the new crop were unaware of just how great Nominet once was. I’m positive its still a good employer for the “perks”, but it’s a shame it lost its way as it was once outstanding

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Nominet is the best place I've worked

Feb 4, 2021 - Project Manager in Oxford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nominet cares about their employees. We have many internal opportunities, and there is a great work life balance.. The employees who work at Nominet are experts in their field and great to work with. We are a profit with a purpose company and we actively change lives. We have a clear strategy and driving forward into the future with many exciting opportunities.

Cons

None that I can think of.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting & supportive place to work

Nov 11, 2020 - Developer in Oxford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive teams, willingness to push for progression and a lot of encouragement for personal development and training. Lots of exciting projects and team interaction.

Cons

A lot of corporate aspirations, resulting in regularly changing goalposts and company objectives.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Globally great

Sep 18, 2020 - IT Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work with

Cons

sometimes project management is a bit problematic

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews