29% would recommend to a friend
(72 total reviews)
19% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people at Nominet are great to work with." (in 16 reviews)
- "Good culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Benefits are good." (in 4 reviews)
- "Fantastic benefits package Great remuneration and annual reviews Extremely friendly culture The company contributes a lot of money to charity" (in 3 reviews)
- "Good people and friendly culture, good work life balance, fair salary." (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership teams are absolutely clueless on how to run a sales team." (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior management have recently taken a 'our way or the highway' approach, following changes to a hybrid working policy, and rather than listen to staff, have dug their heels in." (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is failing the business in a big way." (in 4 reviews)
- "Many of the senior managers have worked at Nominet for many years." (in 3 reviews)
- "Management don’t listen to feedback" (in 3 reviews)
Found 72 of over 76 reviews
Updated 9 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Plenty of opportunities for training - Supportive boss - Good team dynamics - lack of blame culture is refreshing
- Still reactive rather than proactive when it comes to change. - large projects have been slow going.
- 5.06 Mar 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
I've found my time so far at Nominet incredibly positive - working with a great group of people towards aims and goals I really agree with. My experience of working with senior management has been positive - and it was clearly spelt out to me on joining that one day I would be expected to be in the office more. I don't mind about that - I'm paid well, and the job has a really strong benefits package.
I can't really think of any.1
- 2.09 Nov 2023Technical AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Fantastic benefits package Great remuneration and annual reviews Extremely friendly culture The company contributes a lot of money to charity
Senior management have recently taken a "our way or the highway" approach, following changes to a hybrid working policy, and rather than listen to staff, have dug their heels in. A lot of good talent has been lost since the change announcements, despite their constant reassurances that retention is in line with the rest of the industry. A lot of red tape - actually making meaningful change happen is incredibly difficult, as the company is _extremely_ risk averse.2
- 2.022 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Annual leave allowance and benefits are ok.
Nominet is really struggling due to a lack of strong leadership and a serious issue with accountability. This, in turn, is really taking a toll on the morale of the employees. Honestly, I'm not convinced that the upper management team even grasps the true essence of the company's values. The value of integrity seems to have almost disappeared, and the sense of ownership has been clouded by the frequent lack of accountability in many cases. Ever since the new ways of working were introduced, trust in the company has taken a nosedive. What's even worse is that the same old mistakes keep happening over and over again - things like poor communication and a complete lack of empathy. It's been a tough situation all around.7
- 1.017 Mar 2023Cannot SayCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Over my tenure, I’ve been blessed to work with some of the most brilliant and exceptionally hard-working engineers, with a passion to do things right. Some great lower/mid management with great understanding and dedication to help their staff, which always helps. Historically some good upper management, but that is all but gone now. Challenging environment, always something to do, makes each day feel like progress.
The board: Their “one day a week” mandatory in the office policy is an own goal, less said about the way it was delivered … appalling. Upset a lot of loyal, hard-working staff, and given managers a headache to deal with that. No where near dynamic enough, some tech is best part of 10 years too old, and is too slow to change, and now starting to haemorrhage staff because of this, and poor decisions on 20%/one day a week policy. Resting on one’s laurels for too long, has caused stagnation. Utterly depressing, that something with so much promise, now has none. Glassdoor ratings tanking, for a reason.19
- 2.01 Mar 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
good opportunity to take on more responsibility but don't expect to be paid promoted for it
previously rated this company 5 starts. is now a hollow shell and I'm sad. as a horrendous out of know where mandate that not a single employee I can find was in favour of right up to senior leadership. to pull everyone back into the office when many of us were promised by HR on employment this was never anything to worry about. they even put remote work contracts and are now telling us it's makes no difference you have to come in. I feel forced out of the business and leaving a role I love even to this date. I have been told I am an incredibly value employee whom over delivered every year and now feel like I have done something wrong becuase of where I live. harrowing! HR do not care about staff which is a shame becuase literally every other team is incredible11
- 3.024 Aug 2023System EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsOxford, England
Good tech, great people, good wfh policy
HR are out to get you, you have to watch what you say with them6
- 2.04 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeOxford, England
Perks such as pension and holiday are very good
Ever changing priorities 90s technology held together with duct tape Forced return to the Oxford office8
- 2.027 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Great office (not such a plus for remote workers)
HR were the main problem at Nominet. I left just before the 'remote working massacre' due to HR offering higher salaries to junior engineers whom I was expected to train. I was told 'that's the market rate now'. I was a lead engineer.8
Nominet Reviews FAQs
Nominet has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 76 reviews left anonymously by employees. 29% of employees would recommend working at Nominet to a friend and 22% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -32% over the last 12 months.
29% of Nominet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nominet 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.