29% would recommend to a friend
(72 total reviews)
19% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
2 days ago
Looking to buy a non-Apple tablet for my adult son on Cyber Monday. It will be for casual use, mostly for streaming movies, but would also like to use Microsoft 365. Any suggestions? If he wants to use it for gaming, how would that change your recommendation?
4 hours ago
Been at a tech scale-up for 1.5 years, loved it at first, but layoffs and leadership changes drastically shifted the environment. My team got axed, I'm left feeling demotivated and isolated. The culture changed to a tech bro vibe, not what I signed up for. I'm burnt out, stressed, and considering quitting now or waiting till year-end. Im feeling like a failure nowadays when I used to be treated like an SME. How do I approach this and how to tell my boss / hr I wanna quit?
Got a burning question about Nominet? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Nominet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people at Nominet are great to work with." (in 14 reviews)
- "Amazing benefits, very on" (in 6 reviews)
- "Good culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Fantastic benefits package Great remuneration and annual reviews Extremely friendly culture The company contributes a lot of money to charity" (in 3 reviews)
- "Fantastic colleagues who go out of their way to support each other" (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership teams are absolutely clueless on how to run a sales team." (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior management seem too concerned about glossy internal promotion about themselves (including support functions) especially about company values etc and not so focused on producing quality outputs and supporting front line teams." (in 4 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is failing the business in a big way." (in 4 reviews)
- "Many of the senior managers have worked at Nominet for many years." (in 3 reviews)
Found 72 of over 76 reviews
Updated 9 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Plenty of opportunities for training - Supportive boss - Good team dynamics - lack of blame culture is refreshing
- Still reactive rather than proactive when it comes to change. - large projects have been slow going.
- 5.06 Mar 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
I've found my time so far at Nominet incredibly positive - working with a great group of people towards aims and goals I really agree with. My experience of working with senior management has been positive - and it was clearly spelt out to me on joining that one day I would be expected to be in the office more. I don't mind about that - I'm paid well, and the job has a really strong benefits package.
I can't really think of any.1
- 5.020 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Great people, great purpose. Brilliant focus on clients, members and running a great .uk registry. Excellent offices, benefits and flexible working.
Honestly, not found anything yet.
- 5.08 Sept 2022SecOps EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
In my opinion Nominet is a very enjoyable place to work. The SecOps team is great, team leader is very friendly and knowledge and cares about his team members. Remote working is nice as they have left it up to the teams to decide how this is going to be done and my team leader has been great with it. I am aware that there has been leadership restructuring recently and I can't speak to that as I wasn't here for that but now things seem to have settled down and the work is good and the company ethos is very positive. Their office building in Oxford is soo beautiful and has been great to work there the off-times I have.
The companies working policy is hybrid but contracts still have a place of work. I live quite far away and this makes feel nervous that it could change at anytime.2
- 5.028 Feb 2022Infrastructure ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBirmingham, England
A fair deal, Nominet understand paying the right package gets you the right people. Nominets employee package is an example of that. Great teams, willing, joined up and communitive, empowering and helpful
Seem to rush into big projects head first, when they should evaluate and assess first. But overall not afraid to do something because we should and not just because we are told.2
- 5.02 Dec 2021Analyst DeveloperCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOxford, England
Good working environment, friendly people
Slow in adopting new technologies and new ways of workings
- 5.06 Aug 2021Talent Acquisition SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
* A collaborative, open and honest culture - everyone is always willing to help and managers strive to get the best from you. Everyone works together to get the job done well. I feel empowered and encouraged in my role and everyone is happy to help when needed - sometimes going out of their way to help which really means a lot. * A medium size company with a big vision - Nominet is ambitious and is continuously looking to improve and add value, looking at how things can be done differently. The company value staff input and ideas from employees are always taken on board and acted upon. * A company with a heart - Nominets Social Impact team are consistently delivering projects that help socially disadvantaged people in society benefit digitally. The aim is to improve 1 million lives a year. * A great work life balance with very flexible working arrangements. The company really cares about the wellbeing of the staff and offer great initiatives to support employees achieve a great work life balance. Despite COVID-19 , the company have worked hard to bring together socially through various means which is appreciated. * Great benefits / perks I have really enjoyed my first few months here and hope the journey continues going forward
I really cant think of any!
- 5.024 May 2021Frontend DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
* Always striving for the best * Employees wellbeing at the heart of the company * Amazing perks and packages * Open culture * Workplace feels like family * Listening to employees feedback and doing acting upon it
* Improve project management * Break down the communication silos
- 5.04 Feb 2021Project ManagerCurrent EmployeeOxford, England
Nominet cares about their employees. We have many internal opportunities, and there is a great work life balance.. The employees who work at Nominet are experts in their field and great to work with. We are a profit with a purpose company and we actively change lives. We have a clear strategy and driving forward into the future with many exciting opportunities.
None that I can think of.
Nominet Reviews FAQs
Nominet has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 76 reviews left anonymously by employees. 29% of employees would recommend working at Nominet to a friend and 22% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -32% over the last 12 months.
29% of Nominet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nominet 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.