29% would recommend to a friend
(72 total reviews)
19% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Tech
2 days ago
Looking to buy a non-Apple tablet for my adult son on Cyber Monday. It will be for casual use, mostly for streaming movies, but would also like to use Microsoft 365. Any suggestions? If he wants to use it for gaming, how would that change your recommendation?
4 hours ago
Been at a tech scale-up for 1.5 years, loved it at first, but layoffs and leadership changes drastically shifted the environment. My team got axed, I'm left feeling demotivated and isolated. The culture changed to a tech bro vibe, not what I signed up for. I'm burnt out, stressed, and considering quitting now or waiting till year-end. Im feeling like a failure nowadays when I used to be treated like an SME. How do I approach this and how to tell my boss / hr I wanna quit?
Got a burning question about Nominet? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Nominet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people at Nominet are great to work with." (in 14 reviews)
- "Amazing benefits, very on" (in 6 reviews)
- "Good culture" (in 4 reviews)
- "Fantastic benefits package Great remuneration and annual reviews Extremely friendly culture The company contributes a lot of money to charity" (in 3 reviews)
- "Fantastic colleagues who go out of their way to support each other" (in 3 reviews)
- "Leadership teams are absolutely clueless on how to run a sales team." (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior management seem too concerned about glossy internal promotion about themselves (including support functions) especially about company values etc and not so focused on producing quality outputs and supporting front line teams." (in 4 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is failing the business in a big way." (in 4 reviews)
- "Many of the senior managers have worked at Nominet for many years." (in 3 reviews)
Found 72 of over 76 reviews
Updated 9 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.09 Nov 2023Technical AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Fantastic benefits package Great remuneration and annual reviews Extremely friendly culture The company contributes a lot of money to charity
Senior management have recently taken a "our way or the highway" approach, following changes to a hybrid working policy, and rather than listen to staff, have dug their heels in. A lot of good talent has been lost since the change announcements, despite their constant reassurances that retention is in line with the rest of the industry. A lot of red tape - actually making meaningful change happen is incredibly difficult, as the company is _extremely_ risk averse.2
- 3.024 Aug 2023System EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsOxford, England
Good tech, great people, good wfh policy
HR are out to get you, you have to watch what you say with them6
- 2.022 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Annual leave allowance and benefits are ok.
Nominet is really struggling due to a lack of strong leadership and a serious issue with accountability. This, in turn, is really taking a toll on the morale of the employees. Honestly, I'm not convinced that the upper management team even grasps the true essence of the company's values. The value of integrity seems to have almost disappeared, and the sense of ownership has been clouded by the frequent lack of accountability in many cases. Ever since the new ways of working were introduced, trust in the company has taken a nosedive. What's even worse is that the same old mistakes keep happening over and over again - things like poor communication and a complete lack of empathy. It's been a tough situation all around.7
- 2.04 Aug 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeOxford, England
Perks such as pension and holiday are very good
Ever changing priorities 90s technology held together with duct tape Forced return to the Oxford office8
- 2.027 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOxford, England
Great office (not such a plus for remote workers)
HR were the main problem at Nominet. I left just before the 'remote working massacre' due to HR offering higher salaries to junior engineers whom I was expected to train. I was told 'that's the market rate now'. I was a lead engineer.8
- 4.015 Jun 2023Senior DevOps EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBirmingham, England
Really flexible with how you work. Could work remotely and they have great people.
Too much red tape with an old school change process
- 2.027 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsOxford, England
Some really dedicated and knowledgeable staff working hard to deliver critical services.
Top down patronising senior management approach. Clueless HR and people approach.6
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW14 Apr 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Plenty of opportunities for training - Supportive boss - Good team dynamics - lack of blame culture is refreshing
- Still reactive rather than proactive when it comes to change. - large projects have been slow going.
- 1.031 Mar 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee
I'm sure the directors love it here
I would say that Nominet has a very two faced approuch to their staff. All friendly and seemingly supportive up front, but will turn on you in a second - while also claiming they want the best for you. Supposedly have a Mental Health and Wellfare team - not that they do anything to really support your Mental Health or your Wellfare. They want to keep team numbers low, out put high and ignore any conserns about stress, or people feeling over worked. Managers claim to be open to listening but move meeting until they never happen. But the door is always open - except when they are in the other meetings which is all the time. Oh and don't expect your line manager to pass things up the line, it wont happen. They'll rely on stats they have presented to fit their favour.6
Nominet Reviews FAQs
Nominet has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 76 reviews left anonymously by employees. 29% of employees would recommend working at Nominet to a friend and 22% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -32% over the last 12 months.
29% of Nominet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Nominet 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.