Novartis Senior Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Novartis Senior Administrative Assistant Reviews

Updated 13 November 2017

Senior Administrative Assistant

4.2
Novartis CEO Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.
Joseph (Joe) Jimenez Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance/holidays are organised well (in 153 reviews)

• Friendly staff and colleagues who are always friendly and willing to help one another succeed in the work environment (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to improve Work-life balance for employees (in 56 reviews)

• Lack of authentic leadership from senior management (in 23 reviews)

"Tough company but great to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Novartis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company good salary; limitless opportunities and nice employee perks for working hard.

Cons

Very tough company. Culturally challenging if you are disciplined in US style of working, then know that the Basel or international disciplines will be difficult as they don't cross train or provide guidance for being efficient in the Novartis way. Leadership has no patience with less that quick learners and remember its always about getting the job done.

Advice to Management

Cross train if you are mixing cultures international vs domestic.. Identify the potential of your employees through this training. Quality Assurance for employee morale and appreciation. USA is not any less than International just different in work ethics, motivation and driven workstyle

2. "Love This Company!"

Current Contractor - Senior Administrative Assistant III in East Hanover, NJ (US)

I have been working at Novartis as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment with people who are proactively willing to help. It really seems that everyone enjoys being here.

Cons

Would like to be made permanent. That's the only reason that I didn't give it five stars.

"Impressive company"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at Novartis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really has it all together. From the initial interviews to hiring and the on boarding process. The benefits are the best I've seen or had in my 25 years of working. Employees are truly glad to be there and make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

I have zero cons to write about! Maybe my own, that I wished I applied here years ago!

Advice to Management

Great job with orientation! I really felt it was all delegated with just enough information to keep questions down to a minimum. Excellent format!

5. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Billerica, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Billerica, MA (US)

I have been working at Novartis (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and culture. Lots of work keeps you busy. The benefits are great and if you work for the right manager flexibility is great.

Cons

commute sometimes too busy and you can get overwhelmed - hiring freeze does not help. The flexibility should be company wide - and managers should lead by example.

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "Senior Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I have been working at Novartis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good company! I love the culture and the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Site is too far from home

"Senior Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in East Hanover, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Pros

Novartis is a company that still puts employees first. Compared to other health/pharma corporations, it is ahead in keeping longevity and tenure due to many benefits, competitive salary, work life balance and work from home opportunities. Summer programs and health offices on site, Restaurants, credit union, multiple gyms. Great place to work! Culture is definitely one of its kind.Oncology in specific is a great place to advance if you are not an Admin. 80% of the people I work with have moved up in the company on an average of every 2-3 years.

Cons

There are not many development opportunities for Administrative Assistant who want to evolve. Workstream is also inconsistent within admins across the company.

8. "Senior Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in East Hanover, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in East Hanover, NJ (US)

Pros

Great working environment, friendly co-workers, lots of perks.

Cons

None cons as of yet.