Nuffield Health Lifeguard Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Steve Gray
  1. "Good work security"

Current Employee - Lifeguard

I have been working at Nuffield Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of perks for working here like online discounts and a free gym membership. There is the opportunity for progression.

Cons

There have been occasions where the staff are overworked from a lack off staff and things take too long to be repaired.

Advice to Management

Review staff count and ensure that the coming rotas allow for less pressure.

Nuffield Health2019-07-01
  2. "Poor place to work as a lifeguard"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Gloucester, England

I worked at Nuffield Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free membership for myself and partner.

Cons

Minimum pay. ; Lifeguard were often kept on pool side for up to 3 hours, which was against the rule for the RLSS which is 90 mins at any one time. For a 5 or 6 hours shift we had one 5 mins and one 20 mins break. However, during that 5 mins break they made us to do a pool test, which isn't really a break, but their logic is anytime away from the poolside counts as a break. There is very little opportunity for... lifeguard to move on as well.

Advice to Management

Put at least 2 lifeguards on any one shift so they can rotate every half or one hour. Do not expect the lifeguard can keep alert for up to three hours on poolside, we are first human being, then a lifeguard.

Nuffield Health2017-06-24

July 4, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist – Group

Thank you very much for your feedback, we take rules and regulations seriously and are keen to ensure these are adhered to. We'd value getting some more detailed feedback from you so we can make any necessary improvements, if you are happy to do so then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

"Lifeguard"

Lifeguard in Sheffield, England

I worked at Nuffield Health

Pros

Really friendly staff, let me work flexible hours and offered over time when requested. Rota was on a week to week basis and allowed to work around university. Free gym memebership.

Cons

Poor pay. All Life guards on a zero hour contract so no holidays given. Rota often changes due to the rotational staff.

Advice to Management

Value staff responsibilities with pay. Proper structure required. proper efficient rota system is required so that last minute switches can be avoided.

Nuffield Health2017-03-10

May 30, 2017Talent Acquisition Specialist – Group

Thank you for your feedback, we aim to offer varied career progression paths with the diversity in our organisation - so it's really positive your feedback reflects this. We take on board all types of feedback and aim to make any necessary improvements so would be keen to discuss your feedback on management in more detail. If you are happy to then please email sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

4. "Lifeguard Nuffield Gyms"

Lifeguard in Wolverhampton, England

I have been working at Nuffield Health

Pros

Free gym membership, decent hourly rate for young person

Cons

long shifts, unsociable hours, work bank holidays and weekends.

Nuffield Health2016-06-08

July 5, 2016Talent Acquisition Specialist – Group

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear what you like about working for Nuffield Health. We're making sure we listen to 'cons' and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. If you're happy to, please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

"Lifeguard at Nuffield Health & Fitness"

Former Employee - Lifeguard in London, England

I worked at Nuffield Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally nice people, reasonably flexible on hours. I assume a degree of rule bending goes on everywhere, so perhaps its not so bad really. Generally nice facilities

Cons

Poor organisation, frequent failure to adhere to regulations on breaks for lifeguards. Part time staff made to feel constantly on their 'final chance' although they always struggled to replace people who left. Very poor maintenance of facilities, everything is a 'bodge job'. I always felt bad for people who paid the membership fees. Depressingly low morale - if you were openly polite, helpful or engaging with... customers other staff found it weird.

Advice to Management

This could be so much better - don't make lifeguards reliant on gym staff. They don't want to/know how to help or do the responsibilities you give them to do with the pool so please train the DMs as well. The DMs and higher are totally complacent so get them in line, and they will stop lower level staff loafing about. Stop the cleaners smoking inside - what a stupid problem to have! High quality facilities quickly... depreciating due to lack of care. This refers to the sports club not the hospitals, I'm sure they are very different.

Nuffield Health2014-08-10