Nuffield Health Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 30 Dec 2020

Found 19 of over 490 reviews

3.7
Nuffield Health CEO Steve Gray
Steve Gray
Pros
  • "free gym membership, nice atmosphere(in 67 reviews)

• "Free gym membership for you and family member(in 67 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and high employee turnover(in 22 reviews)

• "Senior management are sometimes dismissive(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good pay and benefits

30 Dec 2020 - Lifeguard in Bromley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free gym and reduced family memberships

Cons

Senior management are sometimes dismissive

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Overworked and little respect for personal time

22 Nov 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good medical insurance Can progress quickly Free gym membership for you and family member Access to emotional wellbeing services Pension with company contributions up to 6%

Cons

Overworked They say they like open and honset feedback, in reality that's not true Little respect for personal time so hard to get a work life balance Senior management treat people like a payroll number

4 people found this review helpful

Senior Operations Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. We want our employees to feel supported and valued, if you would like to discuss this further please email Employee.relations@nuffieldhealth.com

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

nh nON CLINICAL

15 Dec 2020 - Customer Relations Specialist in Newcastle, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

N/A - nICE PEOPLE TO WORK WITH

Cons

N/A - Was quite messy in senior management and needed more staff

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst career experience

12 Sep 2019 - Digital in Epsom, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free gym Flexible working Nice office Can add family/friend to membership for a small fee

Cons

My role was a new role for the business. I was made redundant after a year, so I seriously implore anyone who is thinking of going to work for this company (I can only speak for the head office) to understand that you are taking a risk - this company will not have your back, every decision that is made is made without consideration to anyone except the senior management. Because of the blatant greediness of senior management/investors (please do not take any bearing to the charity aspect of this company, this is not a charity and it could not be any more capitalist and corporate if it tried) this has made the entire company environment negative and distrustful (and rightly so). I was in a job that started off with no guidance from an inexperienced Manager (I would go weeks without hearing from them). There was already a negative feeling in the air from the recent redundancies at the time. See my breakdown below: - Job role was not defined and no help from manager to define that, left me to my own devices - Due to the lack of care in my development and history of redundancies, I started to push for senior management to define my role and responsibilities - Had lots of meetings about this (nothing significant ever came out of them), although my line management changed about 4 times at least - Agreed with a diff head of dept that I would work couple of days a week with them as they had space on their team and needed the help - was told that I would be reviewed after 3 months which never happened, they just carried on using me - After a year was told my role was going to be made redundant, and no mention of my performance on the other dept I worked in - No defined structure in teams and a lazy attitude to work, meant no one really took accountability and nothing got done - honestly, if you're looking for a place to grow and develop, this is not the place for you - Avoid like the plague unless you like the risk (of being made redundant) and do not care about career/personal development, and do not mind being in a negative, unprofessional, unkind and un-collaborative environment - Sexist, male dominated vibe in the Head Office

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Contractor

Poor Management throughout ALL departments

10 Jun 2019 - Creche/Junior Team in Newbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Gym membership. Made friends for life with some colleagues. Flexible hours

Cons

Management in Junior department was unorganized. Received rotas one day before we had to work. Constantly hired staff that were unqualified and incompetent. Junior team given ZERO respect by anybody. Junior team given ZERO resources by the club and expected to run 11 hour activity camps throughout the holidays with 30+ children and NOTHING organised to do with them. Witnessed many members of staff taken advantage of and treated poorly by senior management. Understaffed Poor Pay.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good, but can be much better

6 Dec 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

On site staff are some of the longest serving and most loyal to the business, often going above and beyond to maintain professional standards.

Cons

Some Senior Management at club level only seem to care about their Sales departmental targets in order to achieve their bonus, often stuck in back room offices waiting for the next sale to walk through. Other departments in the club are often overlooked regarding support and development, leaving the respective Head of Department understaffed and under immense pressure to maintain standards expected, often sacrificing their work/life balance. Head of departments can be very underappreciated also and are expected to raise their workload without any compensation.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disappointing

28 Nov 2018 - Management in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free membership across the UK to any of their branches. I had a fantastic team of colleagues.

Cons

Consistently giving out promises of progression to staff and not acting upon it, you could see the impact the empty promises had; they have lost some GREAT assets to their team because of this. Demotivated team, due to senior management. Senior management team is never going to be angels in the other employees eyes (in any business), however I think they had more than good reason to dislike those in the senior management team. I do not agree with the lack of empathy and respect given to there colleagues.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Awful

29 Jan 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gym Membership, Majority nice people to work with.

Cons

Favouritism from senior management at site level, allowing operations managers to have every weekend off and work only admin shifts piling huge amounts of pressure on other HOD’s. backhanded hiring of duty managers who the senior management already know from previous employment. All senior management working early admin shifts and providing no support during the clubs peak trading hours and only supporting certain staff members. Huge amounts of staff sickness and turnover that the duty Manager is always expected to cover.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Lack of support

25 Oct 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits for staff! Private health care!

Cons

Lack of management care. Little room for progression and support. Bad senior management approach to lower level staff.

5 people found this review helpful

Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience. We highly value internal career progression and actively promote this. To support development we run twice yearly personal reviews which are supported by our values. You can find some personal stories of this on our careers website, such as this one from our Senior Beauty Manager in Bishops Stortford who joined us as a Student; http://www.nuffieldhealthcareers.com/our-people/blog/2017/06/senior-beauty-manager Hopefully, you can look to consider working with us again in the future to receive a positive experience.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

CEO OF NUFFIELD HEALTH GO UNDERCOVER AND SEE THE REAL NUFFIELD

1 Dec 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some wonderful staff who really care about each other and the patients. Customer feedback if very good because staff really are committed because of the people they are and go the extra mile for the patient. (Not the Nuffield)

Cons

Poor salaries, 10 years on no discussion. Stress and a definite blame culture is a fact, although denied. Senior Management not interested in staff issues and some know bullying and intimidation is rife in a lot of areas throughout the group. A GM was approached over an issue and was told they leave their Managers to Manage, so poor decision making goes unchecked or challenged and situation fester. People are afraid of losing their jobs so the few that do speak out is not enough to make the urgent changes needed. It appears its easier to stamp on issues and brush them under the carpet.

Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Our people are really at the heart of everything we do. Some of the things we have in place to support our people include annual salary reviews, twice yearly personal development reviews and a culture of support across our management teams. We would value the opportunity to hear your feedback in more detail, if you are happy to discuss then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews