Nuffield Health Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 12 Sep 2019

3.1
Nuffield Health CEO Steve Gray
Steve Gray
Pros
  • "Free gym membership & reduced rate for family(in 54 reviews)

• "There are a lot of perks for working here like online discounts and a free gym membership(in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "shift work, long hours standing(in 16 reviews)

• "backhanded hiring of duty managers who the senior management already know from previous employment(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "employee"

5.0

I have been working at Nuffield Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great career opportunities, benefits and great team members

Cons

senior management do not seem to care about anyone else

Nuffield Health2016-04-15

May 10, 2016Talent Acquisition Specialist – Group

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear what you like about working for Nuffield Health. We're making sure we listen to 'cons' and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. If you're happy to, please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

"Worst career experience"

Former Employee - Digital in Epsom, England

I worked at Nuffield Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym Flexible working Nice office Can add family/friend to membership for a small fee

Cons

My role was a new role for the business. I was made redundant after a year, so I seriously implore anyone who is thinking of going to work for this company (I can only speak for the head office) to understand that you are taking a risk - this company will not have your back, every decision that is made is made without consideration to anyone except the senior management. Because of the blatant greediness of senior management/investors (please do not take any bearing to the charity aspect of this company, this is not a charity and it could not be any more capitalist and corporate if it tried) this has made the entire company environment negative and distrustful (and rightly so). I was in a job that started off with no guidance from an inexperienced Manager (I would go weeks without hearing from them). There was already a negative feeling in the air from the recent redundancies at the time. See my breakdown below: - Job role was not defined and no help from manager to define that, left me to my own devices - Due to the lack of care in my development and history of redundancies, I started to push for senior management to define my role and responsibilities - Had lots of meetings about this (nothing significant ever came out of them), although my line management changed about 4 times at least - Agreed with a diff head of dept that I would work couple of days a week with them as they had space on their team and needed the help - was told that I would be reviewed after 3 months which never happened, they just carried on using me - After a year was told my role was going to be made redundant, and no mention of my performance on the other dept I worked in - No defined structure in teams and a lazy attitude to work, meant no one really took accountability and nothing got done - honestly, if you're looking for a place to grow and develop, this is not the place for you - Avoid like the plague unless you like the risk (of being made redundant) and do not care about career/personal development, and do not mind being in a negative, unprofessional, unkind and un-collaborative environment - Sexist, male dominated vibe in the Head Office

Nuffield Health2019-09-12
  3. "Poor Management throughout ALL departments"

Former Contractor - Creche/Junior Team in Newbury, England

I worked at Nuffield Health

Pros

Free Gym membership. Made friends for life with some colleagues. Flexible hours

Cons

Management in Junior department was unorganized. Received rotas one day before we had to work. Constantly hired staff that were unqualified and incompetent. Junior team given ZERO respect by anybody. Junior team given ZERO resources by the club and expected to run 11 hour activity camps throughout the holidays with 30+ children and NOTHING organised to do with them. Witnessed many members of staff taken advantage of and treated poorly by senior management. Understaffed Poor Pay.

Nuffield Health2019-06-10

"Awful"

I have been working at Nuffield Health full-time

Pros

Gym Membership, Majority nice people to work with.

Cons

Favouritism from senior management at site level, allowing operations managers to have every weekend off and work only admin shifts piling huge amounts of pressure on other HOD’s. backhanded hiring of duty managers who the senior management already know from previous employment. All senior management working early admin shifts and providing no support during the clubs peak trading hours and only supporting certain staff members. Huge amounts of staff sickness and turnover that the duty Manager is always expected to cover.

Nuffield Health2019-01-29
  5. "Good, but can be much better"

I worked at Nuffield Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

On site staff are some of the longest serving and most loyal to the business, often going above and beyond to maintain professional standards.

Cons

Some Senior Management at club level only seem to care about their Sales departmental targets in order to achieve their bonus, often stuck in back room offices waiting for the next sale to walk through. Other departments in the club are often overlooked regarding support and development, leaving the respective Head of Department understaffed and under immense pressure to maintain standards expected, often sacrificing their work/life balance. Head of departments can be very underappreciated also and are expected to raise their workload without any compensation.

Nuffield Health2018-12-06

"Disappointing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Management in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at Nuffield Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free membership across the UK to any of their branches. I had a fantastic team of colleagues.

Cons

Consistently giving out promises of progression to staff and not acting upon it, you could see the impact the empty promises had; they have lost some GREAT assets to their team because of this. Demotivated team, due to senior management. Senior management team is never going to be angels in the other employees eyes (in any business), however I think they had more than good reason to dislike those in the senior management team. I do not agree with the lack of empathy and respect given to there colleagues.

Nuffield Health2018-11-29

"Lack of support"

2.0

I worked at Nuffield Health full-time

Pros

Good benefits for staff! Private health care!

Cons

Lack of management care. Little room for progression and support. Bad senior management approach to lower level staff.

Nuffield Health2018-10-25

January 7, 2019Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience. We highly value internal career progression and actively promote this. To support development we run twice yearly personal reviews which are supported by our values. You can find some personal stories of this on our careers website, such as this one from our Senior Beauty Manager in Bishops Stortford who joined us as a Student; http://www.nuffieldhealthcareers.com/our-people/blog/2017/06/senior-beauty-manager Hopefully, you can look to consider working with us again in the future to receive a positive experience.

"Great organisation...somewhat lost its way"

Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Nuffield Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing people in general, fantastic passion and determination to succeed. Breadth of services offered and opportunities for progression that provides.

Cons

Loss of people focussed culture Much tighter control by central/senior management which restricts autonomy and innovations. Over ambitious...although this has to a certain degree been a positive as well.

Nuffield Health2018-02-17

March 5, 2018Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your recent feedback, we value all types of feedback received and look to make improvements where possible. If you'd like to discuss any of your experience in more detail then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

"Work experince on someone else’s paypacket"

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in London, England

I have been working at Nuffield Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good experince being part of experince’s multi dicplined team such as GPs. Lots of clinical experince and working with lots of clients to practice clinical skills Level 7 diploma in health and wellbeing physiology Great CPD opportunities

Cons

Awful culture in corporate wellbeing/health and wellbeing department. senior management lack the experince to lead to large team. See 5-6 clients a day, while running a clinic, managing a team including GPs. This is while being paid a salary that’s embarrassing. Plan to work here for 2 years. Work hard, do as much CPD as you can. Enjoy the experince you gain working along side experienced medical team. Then plan your leave for nationally recognised qualifications. You might as well be a piece of equipment. Extensive travel and very long hours with awful pay. Think of this as continuing education that won’t cost you anything but least it will be free.

Nuffield Health2018-03-03

March 7, 2018Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you have benefited from the CPD benefits we offer. Nuffield Health’s Advanced Level 7 Diploma in Health and Wellbeing Physiology is an externally recognised qualification delivered in partnership with Arden University and awarded by Edexcel, which part of the UK’s largest awarding body, Pearson. Our salaries are competitive within the current market, we are also going through a benchmarking process to ensure these stay within the market rates. Leadership values and behaviours are something we strive to achieve, this is supported by our annual 360 leadership assessment across the whole organisation. If you would like to discuss your feedback in more detail we'd be keen to do so, please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

"'Company needs its own Health MOT'"

I worked at Nuffield Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Private health care, sickness and maternity pay and holiday.

Cons

Few people know that this company is a charity - finding out tends to come as a surprise to most, and not without reasonable grounds. As an employee, responsibilities and expectations of your role far outweigh any remuneration, induction, specific training and senior management support and understanding. Senior managers are so far removed from the operations and reality of the 'shop floor', that their decisions mainly result in a lowering of staff morale as more is expected with no additional reward or opportunity and which on many occasions, appear to have no business rationale. Whilst within the company there exists a number of central support functions which should work cohesively, including HR, recruitment, maintenance and cleaning and membership support, they do not. Something as simple as a refund for a customer should be straightforward. It is far from this - a complicated array of unnecessary processes and procedures involving various individuals with little or no communication between them only results in overly delayed repayments, repairs and customer frustration with the unnecessary poor service and inconvenience. Nuffield Health likes to position itself as a premium offering akin to David Lloyd, but lacks the investment and innovation in many of its sites, especially those outside of London and other major towns and cities. Additionally, without a more robust and qualitative recruitment process, the company continues to employ individuals who lack the work ethic required and all too easily, 'play' the system when they are not performing, wasting valuable time and resources, with no comeback or consequence.

Nuffield Health2018-02-18

March 5, 2018Digital Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback. We have a number of exciting projects at present which will make some key improvements around processes, systems and working as one Nuffield Health. Internal development is something we strive to achieve, managing internal talent, personal development and learning with our in-house Academy. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel your experience reflected our values, if you're happy to share feedback with us in more detail please email sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Found 16 reviews