O2 Sales Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 September 2018

Sales Advisor

3.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance where they will happily let you book holidays off whenever you need them" (in 21 reviews)

• "The best professional culture I have seen alongside several working benefits and a flexible working scheme" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "senior management are awful to work with" (in 6 reviews)

• "No work-life balance and frustrating internal processes" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Enjoyable, stressful but worth every second!"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Ipswich, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Ipswich, England

I have been working at O2 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    The people you work with make every shift enjoyable
    Great vibe in store
    Good discount & employee perks

Cons

Some customers are intolerable
    Sales Targets can be stressful

Advice to Management

Keep up with verbally rewarding every member of every retail store!

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Kingston, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Kingston, East of England, England

I worked at O2 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff plan, good accessories discount, able to develop within the company, good deals and promotions.

Cons

Money wise it gets worse the more you seek for a higher position. Not worth the money for all the responsabilities.

Old system and computers to work with being 1 of the top companies in the world, I expected more. They spend money on stupid things instead of fixing stuff or paying more to their employees.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and listen to what they have to say as they run your company and know it sometimes better than high ranks.

3 Sep 2018 – Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad you enjoyed the benefits of working for us. We appreciate your comments & feedback as we can use this to target specific areas for... More

"Awful company culture"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England

I worked at O2 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonable Pay
    Okayish bonus
    Vendor Incentives
    Shopping vouchers from BB points

Cons

Targets are insane and periodically systems are down making it even harder to hit them. People walk straight to third party retailer to get o2 contracts as well because is far cheaper than getting it from o2 direct. It doesnt make sense at all. Even if you are always smashing your targets but have one bad month, managers will make a big deal out of it, humilate you and make you feel you are not good enough.

Managers cant even sell so how can they teach you how to? Miss your target by tiny margin and you are harrassed and threatened with PIP. They spend all time on their phones and in the office doing virtually nothing. They clear up any mess or outstanding issues when they know there is a visit due.

Diversity and inclusion is non- existent within o2. They claim to be pacesetters but during my 7years, I saw many people of ethnic minority backgrounds forced to leave, resign, sacked while english colleagues like myself were always protected for doing the same thing. This culture of discrimination needs to stop. I never felt comfortable whenever I saw these happening as a young white male and thats one of the main reasons I left o2. I dont know if they have carefully trained people at different levels to block complains to keep the company reputation intact.

Territory Leaders are like invisible people. The only time I saw mine in 7years working for o2 was on the intranet. Sometimes it helps to see them maybe once a year which motivates store teams. They need to engage the stores under them as much as RLs do but not seen as people you cannot approach.

O2 has one of the highest attrition rates. People are always leaving, been dismissed for non-sackable offences, people are promoted when they are not ready (its about who you know) so they are always recruiting. I can recount how many Store Leaders, ASLs and even Regional Leaders I had in the same region within those 7years. This is a trend across most regions too. Surely, there is a highlighted issue which nobody is addressing.

Regional leaders promise but dont deliver on them. They run incentives but when you win, your prize never shows up. Keeping chasing it up and they will start to dislike you foe bothering them. They cover up for their best friends who are store leaders and expose those they are not fond of for the same reasons.

Most managers have no people skills so many advisors feel demotivated. They look down on staff and believe your life is all about hitting targets. There has been instances whereby managers have come to work smelling alcohol and all they do is sleep in the office and go home. Nobody bothers to report it because it will go nowhere. He is a friend to the regional leaders remember!

Poor systems which means regular calls and logs to IT people which results in backlogs always. Streamline your process and train your RHD as they are unprofessional most at times and very rude. We just get on with it because we relied on them for complex cintract issues but reporting individuals never ended up anywhere. They simply brush things under the carpet.

Advice to Management

Keep your attrition rate low by keeping your best talents and eradicate discrimination.

Diversity and inclusion should be enforced at all levels and hate should be NOT tolerated. Do not coverup to keep your reputation.

Have proper systems in place so people who report wrong doings are fully protected and not exposed - not sure how they will go about that because confidentially is a major problem in the company.

Senior team to make unannounced visits to stores and they will see how poorly some stores are run and some of the appalling things that goes on there.

Train your managers with people skills to deal with bereavement, serious sickness and performance management.

Regional leaders should STOP covering up for people they like and hang around with when they do something wrong which needs to be investigated or punished. Many wrongdoings do not end up where they need to be for it to be investigated. They will always block it for fear of their reputation.

19 Jul 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Due to the nature of your review we are keen to discuss this with you to get further information on the points you have raised. Could you... More

4. "Business Sales & retention"

Current Employee - Sales Retention Advisor in Runcorn, England
    Current Employee - Sales Retention Advisor in Runcorn, England

I have been working at O2 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High rate of internal promotion, plenty of opportunity to grow into different roles. Good rate of basic pay+benefits. Over-achievable commission structure.

Cons

Change - management pushing different agendas can regular change and sometimes its hard to keep up with what is wanted

13 Jun 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all the pros you have listed, and we are glad you feel there is plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. We hope you... More

"Awful"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Birmingham, England

I worked at O2 (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friends and Family discounts
    Free Uniform

Cons

Regional Leaders change like the weather
    Territory leaders are stuck up and really look down on sales advisors.
    Really invest in your next generation of staff I’ve seen way to many talented people leave O2 because of not being given jobs as Assistant store leader or Guru as the managers are biased in there opinions and use the it’s not what you know it’s who you know!
    Stores are not looked after and it’s a nightmare to get anything fixed.
    Managers leave when they want and start when they want I believe as a leader you should do your shift and be on the shop floor with your staff driving it.

Advice to Management

Seriously take some time to look at next generation managers and stop rewarding bad performance I’ve seen in my three years with O2 Store leaders and Assistant store leaders with no passion or driven just there for a pay check.

26 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is really useful for us, to help us shape and further build on our plans for O2 stores, and our store teams andfor the future. Due to the feedback you have... More

6. "Great working atmosphere, perfect introduction to retail"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Southampton, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Southampton, England

I have been working at O2 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment
    Low pressure in the beginning
    Managers were patient while learning
    Healthy sales competition
    Good bonuses and incentives

Cons

Lower pay than other mobile retailers
    Slow systems, sometimes prevent sales and impact customer experience

18 May 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really glad to see you have so many pros for working for our company. We are constantly looking at how we can make the systems better, so it... More

7. "Overall good company to work for"

Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at O2 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training (from head office - more sketchy in store)
    Good work atmosphere

Cons

Lack of initial training in store

Advice to Management

Constantly switching targets can make it seem that you are never "good enough"

27 Apr 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review - we really appreciate it. We are glad you would recommend us to other. With regards to targets, being in the industry and marketplace we are in we have to constantly... More

8. "Best workplace ever"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England

I have been working at O2 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- staff discount
    - friendly team
    - flexible hours

Cons

- money (this is why I’m giving you only 4*) is not motivating at all.
    - old fashion stores, old fashion equipments, old fashion uniform, it looks like a company from 1995.

Advice to Management

Try to find a bonus scheme which is motivating.

16 Apr 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is really useful for us, as it helps us shape and further build on our plans for O2 stores, and our store teams for the future. With regards to your cons... More

9. "Great company with great perks"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at O2 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ethical good company
    Store management and team worked well
    Very flexible around students
    I had graduated had they paid the same as a graduate job within store i would have stayed lol
    Staff discount and friends and family discounts were the best

Cons

Some managers are robotic and by the book
    Upper management don't really have an insight as to what store staff do
    It was a shame customer services and retail support was conducted by capita

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between call centre and stadd

26 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it. Great to see that you had so many positives whilst working for us as this is important to us. We agree that our staff... More

10. "Sales Advisor at O2 UK"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in London, England

I worked at O2 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to meet people and hone those interpersonal skills

Cons

Can be autocratic and companies working culture does not prevent this

Advice to Management

Approach situations as leaders and not 'managers'.

13 Mar 2018 – Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really do appreciate it.
    Fantastic to see that our people were one of your pros whilst working for us. We do say it alot but it is our... More