OVO Energy Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 13 Nov 2020

3.2
OVO Energy CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "free breakfast (toast and cereal)(in 45 reviews)

• "Ovo Energy cares about their employees(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "A good measure of an employer is how they treat you once they no longer need you, and Ovo was 5/5(in 33 reviews)

• "Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone(in 16 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best place I have ever worked"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of autonomy to implement ideas - Flexi working - work when you like providing you get the work done - Passionate and enthusiastic team - Fast paced, can get things done quickly - Fun place to work - Amazing company values - genuinely making a difference for the better

Cons

- can't think of any, it's perfect for me.

November 16, 2020Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving a great review! We're so pleased you're enjoying your time with us.

2. "Would recommend"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

great opportunities for personal development

Cons

very very fast paced, the only constant is change

September 23, 2020Head of People Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you rate the personal development opportunities available. You're right, there is a lot of change here at OVO - our business has grown dramatically since we started in 2009!

3. "Fast pace, exciting and full of amazing people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are fantastic, approachable, fun. friendly and super helpful! Forward-thinking and fast paced Emphasis on well-being. work life balance and mental health support Work can be hard but it's also fun and it's the people around us which make it enjoyable. 4% Flexible benefits fund - can spend it on some great perks like technology or extra holiday! We all have a shared vision and a passion for achieving that.

Cons

Fast-pace and ever changing, which isn't for everyone! If you thrive in this environment though, it's a great place to be. Sometimes management can be quite slow on updates, it would be nice if communication could be kept as open as possible at all times.

July 8, 2020The People Team

Hello! Really great to hear you're enjoying your time with us! It's clear to see you love the pace of change here which is great because it is super fast, and that you're passionate about our Plan Zero vission - great to have you on board! We try and be as transparent with updates as quick as we can, but know we might not always get this right, so if you have any suggestions or different ways of working - we'd love to hear it. If you wanted to pop in some time with your HR Business Partner or raise a People ticket that would be fab. Thanks :)

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Bristol, England

I worked at OVO Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are great, lots of rewards and benefits. Opportunity to progress.

Cons

Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone.

May 29, 2020The People Team

Thanks for your feedback :)

5. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Content Producer in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast-paced working environment. Very supportive of growth and progression. Strong company values and mission. Amazing people.

Cons

Sometimes all consuming. Started to employe more temporary freelancers who don't have the same values and worth ethic.

October 1, 2019The People Team

Hi there It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us here at OVO. We are proud of our values and our mission to provide clean affordable energy for everyone. As you have heard, our new Plan Zero is a really exciting campaign that we are really excited about (https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/september/ovo-energy-launches-new-brand-campaign-to-kick-start-their-zero-carbon-membership-movement.html) We promote a healthy work-life balance and agree that the pace and excitement of change here can sometimes be overwhelming. Along with talking to your line manager, we also have resources available for employees to access that might help. Check out the Wellbeing page on the Kitchen Table for more info. Thanks for your review!

"Was good to begin with, changed for the worse now."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at OVO Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Fast paced environment means you can learn a lot quite quickly if you're willing! - Good additional benefits like tech scheme and chance to purchase holiday - Fun meeting rooms - Was such a great culture at the beginning, but now there's little internal communication and no feeling of team work, seems like everyone is in it for themselves

Cons

- Always changing/getting rid of senior management, normally means a company restructure happens where often the management left aren't aware of what workers responsibilities are (especially when the person whose been fired from senior management was the head of your department). - Pay reviews and promotions are non-existent and very secretive (even after title and responsibility changes which happen with no consultation), it's your responsibility to get paid the right amount rather than being promoted to a position because you've done such a good job so far. - Handle redundancies better! The company got rid of lots of 'doers' meaning everyone left had to pick up the slack. After everyone left redundancies were never to be heard of again (real lack of support!). Also consider the impact of bringing new people into the team who're on higher salaries and less experience than those you just got rid of, leaves people who went through it confused as to why it was needed in the first place - investment? - Too many systems with too little automation, makes day to day tasks for workers that shouldn't exist. - Practice what you preach - the company used to be customer focused but now with the shift in the market and additional competition it's profit focused.

August 21, 2019People Team Coordinator

Hi there, We agree with you that the face-paced environment that OVO brings means you can learn quickly and enjoy the buzz that comes from an innovative business like ours. We have an internal communications team who dedicates themselves to ensuring that everyone in OVO is informed with what's going on in the business. Our partner intranet is the place to find up to date information and there are also communication emails that go out to everyone at OVO when we need to cascade company wide. I am sorry to hear that you thought the communications could be better - if you could feedback to the Comms team I am sure they would be grateful to hear about it. We have a rigorous pay review and premotion process which is handled by our Reward and Wellbeing team, who benchmark thoroughly against other businesses. The Employee Forum is a great way to give feedback about any process in the business. These people were key in the decision making within the redundancy process ensuring the process was handled in the fairest way and at the best interest of our people. OVO prides its self on giving great customer service to all our customers and also our employees, offering sustainable tariffs to our customers alongside an award-winning contact centre and being an accredited 'Top Employer' and offering great rewards for those working in OVO. We wish you all the best in your next job

7. "An exciting roller coaster ride!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in London, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of career growth opportunities available - Genuinely flexible working hours - Good Benefits Package - Free Breakfast - Free Lunch on Fridays for the London offices - Regular Socials

Cons

If you don't like change, Ovo might not be for you. Ovo is a complex fast paced business which I personally find exciting but isn't for everyone.

May 9, 2019OVO HR

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! All of the pros you've listed are the things we offer in recognition and as a big thank you for the hard work everyone puts in every day. You're right, while the pace of change is exciting for some, it's not for everyone but it defnitely keeps us on our toes! Thanks!

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great staff Offices are lovely Fantastic benefits Supportive management Free breakfast every day Free fruit, cold & hot drinks, all day Fast paced Decent career development

Cons

If you do not like change then you will be probably struggle to work here Fast paced Sometimes decisions are made that are not well thought through

March 22, 2019OVO HR

Thanks so much for your review and your kind comments! You're right, OVO and change are synonymous and while that's not for everyone, it's also something some people thrive on as with change, comes opportunity!

"Nice to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bristol, England

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the environment are nice. You are expected to work hard but are treated well and the benefits are great.

Cons

Fast paced change can be hard for some people and if you don't enjoy working hard and taking ownership of your own performance then you won't do well. Employees expect too much and many of them haven't worked anywhere else so don't know how good they have it. This can make managing them difficult!

January 11, 2019OVO HR

Hi there and thank you for your review. We're really pleased you feel you're treated well and that the benefits and environment are great. OVO is a fast paced and changing place as we adapt to our customer and employee needs and aim to become increasingly agile. We strive to recruit the best talent who will contribute to making OVO a great place to work and deliver a great service to our customers.

10. "Overall great"

I have been working at OVO Energy full-time

Pros

Good culture Fast paced Progression opportunities are pretty good

Cons

Poor internal pay reviews for support function staff

January 18, 2018OVO HR

Hi there! Thank you for your review. It's important to us that employees are paid fairly and feel valued, so we're committed to reviewing and benchmarking salaries each summer. We recently introduced job families and reviewed our career framework with the aim of making progress even clearer and budgets have been devolved to Directors, who with their management teams, can review team members in the round when it comes to the annual pay review process each July.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews