OVO Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Nov 2, 2021

Found 22 of over 487 reviews

3.6
OVO CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "OVO is dedicated to making it the best place to work in the uk(in 53 reviews)

• "Free breakfast (and lunch on a Friday)(in 46 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other entry level positions in other companies pay better than very experienced staff at Ovo(in 48 reviews)

• "Sometimes feels slightly too fast paced(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about OVO

Join the conversation on

Women In Consulting

1y

works at

Accenture

What do you eat on a daily basis? Having a tough time losing 5lbs and feel like I eat relatively healthy. B- 2 coffees w cream, L- salsa omelet w/ OVO, D- chicken, veg & rice & half a cookie.

39 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Making the world a better place

Jan 19, 2021 - Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Plan Zero mission is very motivating, it's rewarding to know the work that you do is contributing to a net zero carbon world - Not your typical energy company, very fast paced and agile, more like a tech business - Autonomous working - your manager is more like a coach, you can do what you think is best and ask for support if required - Really bright, innovative team - Have a clear personal development plan to take my career to the next level

Cons

- There's so much going on at once, there's a chance you could be overwhelmed, but I really enjoy the challenge and try my best to prioritise work

Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving us a five-star review! We're glad you're enjoying being part of the team - it's great to hear you're finding this a motivating and rewarding place to work.

2. 4.0

Ambitious

Nov 2, 2021 - Senior Commercial Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced, Determined, Agile Passion for decarbonisation

Cons

Changes of direction / Inconsistent

OVO Response

Thank you for your review! We’ve certainly got big ambitions at OVO and we're continuously learning and adapting to deliver the best for our people, customers and world!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Values driven company, but fast paced!

Jul 28, 2021 - People Team Member in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

OVO is very values driven and comes across as a very "human" company, both in terms of management and flexible working style. First placed I've worked where I've genuinely felt my manager cares about my progression and development, and everyone in the team helps you to get there. You also get a lot of autonomy and control, it's very easy to get things done!

Cons

Very fast-paced and a lot of change - will only suit some people A lot of teams are very understaffed

OVO Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s really great to hear that you feel cared for and that you have the autonomy to get things done! You’re right, it’s very fast-paced at OVO. We’re always challenging ourselves to do better, however, we also want to make sure that you feel supported and that your workload is manageable. Please get in touch with your line manager or your People Partner if you feel like you need more help with your workload.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fast paced

Apr 17, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment. Open to change

Cons

Change not always thought out enough

OVO Response

Thanks for your positive review. We've been through a lot of change recently which can be unsettling. We're doing everything we can to make sure that our people are really well supported throughout any changes, so please get in touch with your line manager to find out more about how they can support you.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great and challenging place to work where you work hard and play hard

Feb 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent co-workers // So much opportunity to learn from others // Fun, vibrant office atmosphere // Great benefits and salary (much higher than most employers in Bristol) // Fast paced atmosphere and drive to achieve the absolute best // Many, many career highlights were gained during my employment at OVO // Some ability to take your job in the direction you wanted to take it in! If you had an idea, you could invariably make it happen!

Cons

You can end up almost being "married" to your job and not find much time for anything else! It could be quite cliquey in some areas of the business and a there was definitely an atmosphere of it being about "who you know rather than what you know"... There appeared to be a bit of an OVO trapdoor - one day someone was there, next day they weren't - a unspoken truth that if you made one wrong move you were out...

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re glad you enjoyed a lot of what OVO has to offer. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive place to work with an open and transparent career progression scheme. We care about our people and champion ways of working that creates a great work/life balance. If you feel there’s anything we can do to improve, please email hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I have ever worked

Nov 13, 2020 - Anonymous in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of autonomy to implement ideas - Flexi working - work when you like providing you get the work done - Passionate and enthusiastic team - Fast paced, can get things done quickly - Fun place to work - Amazing company values - genuinely making a difference for the better

Cons

- can't think of any, it's perfect for me.

Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for leaving a great review! We're so pleased you're enjoying your time with us.

7. 5.0

Would recommend

Jul 21, 2020 - Product Manager in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great opportunities for personal development

Cons

very very fast paced, the only constant is change

Head of People Engagement

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you rate the personal development opportunities available. You're right, there is a lot of change here at OVO - our business has grown dramatically since we started in 2009!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast pace, exciting and full of amazing people!

May 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic, approachable, fun. friendly and super helpful! Forward-thinking and fast paced Emphasis on well-being. work life balance and mental health support Work can be hard but it's also fun and it's the people around us which make it enjoyable. 4% Flexible benefits fund - can spend it on some great perks like technology or extra holiday! We all have a shared vision and a passion for achieving that.

Cons

Fast-pace and ever changing, which isn't for everyone! If you thrive in this environment though, it's a great place to be. Sometimes management can be quite slow on updates, it would be nice if communication could be kept as open as possible at all times.

The People Team

Hello! Really great to hear you're enjoying your time with us! It's clear to see you love the pace of change here which is great because it is super fast, and that you're passionate about our Plan Zero vission - great to have you on board! We try and be as transparent with updates as quick as we can, but know we might not always get this right, so if you have any suggestions or different ways of working - we'd love to hear it. If you wanted to pop in some time with your HR Business Partner or raise a People ticket that would be fab. Thanks :)

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 8, 2020 - Team Leader in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great, lots of rewards and benefits. Opportunity to progress.

Cons

Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone.

The People Team

Thanks for your feedback :)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, great people

Sep 23, 2019 - Content Producer in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced working environment. Very supportive of growth and progression. Strong company values and mission. Amazing people.

Cons

Sometimes all consuming. Started to employe more temporary freelancers who don't have the same values and worth ethic.

The People Team

Hi there It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us here at OVO. We are proud of our values and our mission to provide clean affordable energy for everyone. As you have heard, our new Plan Zero is a really exciting campaign that we are really excited about (https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/september/ovo-energy-launches-new-brand-campaign-to-kick-start-their-zero-carbon-membership-movement.html) We promote a healthy work-life balance and agree that the pace and excitement of change here can sometimes be overwhelming. Along with talking to your line manager, we also have resources available for employees to access that might help. Check out the Wellbeing page on the Kitchen Table for more info. Thanks for your review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews