OVO Employee Reviews about "free breakfast"

Updated Jul 28, 2021

Found 34 of over 487 reviews

3.6
OVO CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "OVO is dedicated to making it the best place to work in the uk(in 53 reviews)

• "Free breakfast (and lunch on a Friday)(in 46 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Other entry level positions in other companies pay better than very experienced staff at Ovo(in 48 reviews)

• "Sometimes feels slightly too fast paced(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about OVO

Join the conversation on

Women In Consulting

1y

works at

Accenture

What do you eat on a daily basis? Having a tough time losing 5lbs and feel like I eat relatively healthy. B- 2 coffees w cream, L- salsa omelet w/ OVO, D- chicken, veg & rice & half a cookie.

39 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "free breakfast"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jul 28, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexibility - Autonomous - Office is amazing (gym, parking, slide, 50% off at onsite cafe, free breakfast) - Collaborative teams - and a lot of social + team events!

Cons

None to think of at right now!

OVO Response

Thanks so much for your five star review!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

decent

Oct 14, 2020 - Customer Service Agent in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

free breakfast was always tasty

Cons

I guess the place was cliquey

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good workplace, not great pay

Aug 8, 2020 - Ops Technician in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great youthful and agile culture, attractive open-plan offices filled with plants and greenery, great colleagues, team leaders are generally approachable and genuinely care about you as a person. Enjoyable to work here, good compensation outside of pay (e.g. in the form of 4% of your salary extra being made available for tech, bikes, health plans etc), free breakfast, in-office gym for £10 a month with varying classes on top, half-priced lunch, OVO tops up 3% extra on top of your pension. Did a good job moving to homeworking. Outsourced mental health support line 24/7 and trained mental health first aiders within office. Christmas, Easter, Halloween and summer parties. Easy access to ergonomic equipment with no fuss, inc standing desks if required; desk chairs cost about £1000 and are very comfortable. Themed meeting rooms. My team is friendly and everyone respects each other; there used to be some minor issues of toxicity but this has largely gone due to people leaving and joining - though this will vary between teams.

Cons

Management seem to prioritise the outward appearance of the company over how satisfied its workers are and pay doesn’t increase yearly at all alongside no bonuses for the last two halves. Laying off 2,600 staff members was pretty dodgy. I've heard working in Care is quite stressful and bad; Ops tends to be a lot more chill. The upper management also seems to prioritise income over the wellbeing of its staff based on the decisions they make, such as scheduled breaks for care agents and ramping up smart meter installs despite ongoing issues with smart. They also outsource cheap work to South Africa, which seems at odds with their "morally good" branding.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Dec 18, 2019 - Director in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, values driven, dynamic, good people focus, fun, good gym, free breakfast, transparent leadership, inspirational owner.

Cons

Hard work, people don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen, toilets need a spruce up.

The People Team

Hello and thanks for taking the time to review! It's awesome to hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt how much we do care about our people and values. At OVO we encourage the visibility of the company's progress and vision, and this is shown in the monthly Town Halls we hold in both our London and Bristol offices. This gives everyone in the company a chance to ask the leadership team any question they have. You are right in saying it is a very busy work environment here, which isn't for everyone, but something that others thrive off. This is why we provide lots of benefits and encourage people to have fun in the office, and provide lots of support within the Wellbeing sector for employees to take full advantage of. Culture and People are what we are renowned for here at OVO, and we will be continuing to build both during our future growth. That's what makes us OVO. Good luck in your next adventure!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Popularity Contest...

Oct 1, 2019 - CSA in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free breakfast, % off at Friska, good bonus scheme (if you can live up to its expectations)

Cons

It appeared to get anywhere you needed to be popular, rather than it being based on how hard you worked. Majorly cliquey..and forced fun. 6 week training with only 5% actually being helpful in the role.

1 person found this review helpful

The People Team

Hello, I'm sorry to hear your thoughts. We have reward steps in the Customer Service area which is a progression and reward framework that helps you increase your earnings through your personal performance The training in Customer Service is 6 weeks due to the technical abilities needed for the role and to give our employees confidence when they are on the phones to our customers. Throughout the training we cover how to deal with different situations that you might face as a Customer Care Agent and how to give great service. We wish you all the best in your future roles Thanks

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent call centre job

Jun 17, 2019 - Customer Service Advisor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free breakfast, opportunity to volunteer in the local community. Good benefit system

Cons

Management need mental health training. You might be smashing it but unless you've made pals with the right people you remain unable to move up the chain.

People Team Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review! It's great to hear you enjoyed our benefits system, this is something we have worked really hard on and pride ourselves in giving the 4% flex fund to everyone, once passed probation. We take mental health within the company very seriously and have trained 15 members of staff to be mental health first aiders and have champion working groups, with people from across different areas in the business influencing and implementing positive change for mental health in the workplace. We believe in recognising and rewarding people's hard work and aim to make OVO a great place to work. We work closely with our Team Leaders, ensuring they have the tools they need to provide each CSA with the support they require and improve consistency across teams. We also have reward steps for those wanting to develop further in Customer Service, and performance reviews with bonuses every 6 months. If you have any suggestions regarding the performance review process I would advice flagging to your line manager.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad place to work

Jun 5, 2019 - CSA - Customer Service Advisor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free breakfast, toast, cereal and fruit Cafe in the atrium Friendly workplace Free tea and coffee Central Bristol Great transport links Great support for mental health and charities

Cons

Progression is the reason I'm thinking of leaving. I've more than proven myself capable of a promotion and I've been outsourced to 6 different departments, yet when I get to interviewing for another department the door is slammed in my face. I don't like being timed to go to the toilet.... The shift pattern I work is unsociable and the request to change shift pattern can take months to authorise due to backlog

6 people found this review helpful

People Team Coordinator

Hello and thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits we provide here at OVO and appreciated the support and change we are trying to influence around mental health. We have many progression routes here at OVO and I really encourage you to feedback any suggestions to your Line Manager or Operations Manager. We have break planners in place in some areas so that we understand how many Advisors we have on the phones ready to take customer calls but we do not time toilet breaks. We wish you all the best in the future.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible management

Jun 23, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great building free breakfast good benefits scheme

Cons

Very hard to progress unless your friends with the right group.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Business Development Manager

May 30, 2019 - Business Development Manager in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, free breakfast, cool offices, flexible working

Cons

Pretentious, toxic culture, high competition among staff/lack of team spirit (unless you are from the kitchen table era), people operating in survival mode. Worked there for almost two years - kept zero contacts. Mostly men in senior management- lots of mansplaning and talking over you.

People Team Coordinator

Hi and thank you for your review. We are glad you appreciated our working environment, we pride ourselves in creating a creative and inviting workspace for people to be in. We are sad to hear your views on the senior management here at OVO. OVO signed the Powerful Women's Pledge and Time To Change Pledge to ensure we are aligning our goals and values to encompass everyone and create an open and honest environment to work in Here are the links for the Powerful Women Pledge (http://powerfulwomen.org.uk/pledges/) and Time To Change (https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/) for reference.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Complete mess and no career progression

May 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance is good, working time is very flexible. Free breakfast and free lunch every Friday. Flex fund of 4% your annual salary to spend in a lot of useful perks.

Cons

There's a big lack of communication between different teams in the company. They change the structure of the company almost every year, and usually always for the worse. There's no coordination and management is a joke, in part because instead of promoting capable people, they promote friends instead. There's no career progression here, unless you make yourself friends with key people from the beginning. Salaries are way below the market, comparing to other companies in London. There's no pride on the work that is delivered, it works on a "as long as it works, I don't care if it looks terrible" basis. Also, it's a bit suspicious that you almost don't see anyone that isn't british with head of department or director roles in this company. Go figure.

4 people found this review helpful

People Team Coordinator

Hello, many thanks for your review. We agree - the 4% flex fund is brilliant and is a great employee benefit that we hope you enjoyed! Personal and career progression is important to us here at OVO and we aim to provide as much opportunity as possible. Examples of this could be OVO University, secondments, and cross training. We're always looking to improve our ways of working and feel like there is fair opportunity given to all. Our salary bands and benefits are reviewed annually to ensure market competitiveness across Bristol and London. We also offer 4% flex fund, provided on top of salary, to spend on a wide range of benefits and a matched pension contribution of 3%. Here's the link to our benefits page for more info: https://www.ovoenergy.com/careers#perks

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews