Office Angels Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Office Angels Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 56 reviews

3.8
Office Angels CEO Kate Garbett (no image)
Kate Garbett
Pros
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "Executive Director is fantastic, very motivating and has time for everyone regardless of what level you are at(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I then rang the branch manager who had no time for me in what I was saying and made me feel guilty for leaving to work for a competitor(in 3 reviews)

• "Obviously as its temp work you can be dropped from the assignment very quickly(in 3 reviews)

1. "A professional recruitment business with service at the forefront of our minds!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

An amazing inclusive organisation with a real family feel. Putting employees first and rewarding hard work and dedication every day. Dedicated to ensuring our customers are given the best experience when finding a new role or recruiting for their team. Fantastic training, flexible working patterns, we are all in this together.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Office Angels2019-10-14

October 16, 2019Executive Director

This is really great to read, thank you for taking the time to add in a comment. There is always lots more room for improvement but service will always be our key priority. Kate

2. "Unforgettable organisation"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at Office Angels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Office Angels Crawley for over 3 and a half years. I feel incredibly honoured to of had the opportunity to have worked for such a powerful brand. Surrounded by kind, empowering businesswomen and leaders. My Executive Director, Area Manager and Branch Manager always treated me fairly and made me feel so valuable. Office Angels is unique and one of a kind, a company that truly cares about your well-being... and career development. Thank you, Office Angels, for making my time with you so enjoyable.

Cons

None! I left Office Angels due to personal circumstances

Office Angels2019-09-11

Thank you so much for your review! Kate

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everyone is very supportive of each other and genuinely wants everyone to do well. Executive Director is fantastic, very motivating and has time for everyone regardless of what level you are at. Fantastic training and lots of opportunities for progression and development. Good bonus scheme and lots of other incentives both locally and nationally. Flexible start and finish times and more emphasis on work life... balance than most recruitment firms.

Cons

Basic salaries are lower than market average although bonus in sales roles does make up for this in some way

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Office Angels2019-09-05

Thank you so much for your review! Kate

4. "A great company and team"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a really positive top-down culture of care at this company. Our Executive Director is focused and enthusiastic about making OA the best it can be. The Manchester office is a friendly and supportive place to work - in recruitment, you often reap what you sow, and if you work smart and care about what you are doing, there is lots of opportunity to be successful here. The tide is definitely turning in terms of... recognising that offering flexibility means that people can still do their jobs well whilst working from home on occasion, or with condensed hours.

Cons

As with other reviews, the basic salary is not as competitive as it could be.

Advice to Management

My opinion about my job is the best it has been in years. Thank you for continuing to look for ways to engage and support your employees.

Office Angels2019-09-05

5. "Great"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Office Angels full-time

Pros

Great opportunities and benefits available

Cons

No cons to working here.

Office Angels2019-08-21

August 23, 2019Executive Director

Thank you for your review! Kate

"Absolute joke. Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Receptionist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were nice when I went to visit them in the office, although they did leave me waiting for over half an hour...

Cons

Truly an absolute joke. Certainly avoid the Liverpool st branch at all costs. - I went in looking for both permanent and temporary work. In the interviews they told me they had plenty of work etc. I could already honestly tell though that they hadn't read through my CV beforehand... - The person managing temps has to this day NEVER contacted me since the initial meeting. I actually emailed her over a MONTH after... we met asking if she had any roles (she mentioned there were opportunities 2x per week) and she said 'they would soon have some'. Of course she has not contacted me since. It's been 2 months in total. What a mess - In terms of permanent positions: there was 1 job (in 2 months) that was matched to me (bearing in mind I have 3 years of experience in similar roles) that I had an interview for. After the interview I was told to call OA which I did. Strangely enough she asked ME what the next steps would be in the application process. So bizarre. She then did not contact me again for another 2 weeks, and I received absolutely no feedback. - (permanent positions) I would be forwarded roles via email. When I responded saying I was interested she would find the most bizzare excuses eg (and I'm actually serious) 'the hiring manager has suddenly gone on holiday. So the hiring process has been postponed for 3 months'. It's actually funny. -Just a complete lack of communication. This company is a joke. Avoid at ALL costs.

Advice to Management

-More training or auditing needs to be done to ensure that those looking for work are being regularly communicated with. -There needs to be more honesty. Don't make false promises you won't keep. Or don't hire people if you don't think you can find them a role. - I understand the focus is probably on KPIs so people are viewed as numbers, but you don't have to make it so obvious...

Office Angels2019-09-06
  7. "Interactive and diverse job role"

Former Employee - Candidate Consultant in Hammersmith, England

I worked at Office Angels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Job perks, variety in tasks to do every day, very a boring day

Cons

Sales pressure. Too low pay

Office Angels2019-08-13

August 27, 2019Executive Director

Thank you so much for your comments, I am sorry that you felt sales pressure as in your role as Candidate Consultant - you should not have been in a sales role. We are always reviewing our basic salaries as I agree they could be higher. Currently our bonus schemes are above market rate, but as a Candidate Consultant you may have not been able to increase your salary accordingly. We have in the last 12 months introduced a Candidate Consultant self-promotion criteria to allow Candidate Consultants to increase their salary but I do agree there is still more to do here. Kate

8. "Fun company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultannt in London, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, if you work hard you are rewarded

Cons

Be prepared to put in the hours

Office Angels2019-07-29

August 23, 2019Executive Director

Thank you for your review! Kate

9. "Outdated and not competitive in market"

Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment

I worked at Office Angels part-time

Pros

Nice office, and great manager

Cons

No structure - hard sell. Outdated business model

Office Angels2019-08-05

August 27, 2019Executive Director

Thank you for your review. I was so surprised to read this and would really value the opportunity to talk to you further if you would be willing. I pride myself on placing service above sales, and building exceptional relationships in order to grow the business, and so I am so surprised that you found the business a hard sell and would be keen to understand where you were based. I am sorry that was your experience. We are continually evolving our business model as recruitment is changing and I am sorry you were not able to see the changes that we are making. Kate

10. "AVOID - Was looking for permanent work."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

None, absolute joke, worst experience.

Cons

Been a while since I was invited into their office to find a permanent position. Since then no contact, no interviews and false promises of sending over job opportunities on the day. Stuck up and lazy environment who don’t care about finding you work, just a waste of time and filling out paperwork for no apparent reason.

Advice to Management

Don’t invite people to come in and waste their time if you’re not even going to follow through and at least help. FOLLOW UP WITH PEOPLE. Start caring and don’t make people feel inferior. You don’t even deserve 1 star didn’t have a choice.

Office Angels2019-08-05

August 27, 2019Executive Director

I am so disappointed to read your review and would personally like to apologise for the experience you received. This is absolutely unacceptable and not the service that we pride ourselves on. We are a people first business who always want to provide an honest and transparent service to our clients, candidates and indeed our own employees. We can’t help everyone, but explaining what we can do, not over promising and providing alternative solutions are all things we are regularly praised on in our customer reviews. If you would be willing to get in touch personally, I would really like to know which office you received this experience from. My email address is kate.garbett@office-angels.com. We take poor service incredibly seriously, and if you can confirm where and who you were dealing with I can ensure this is fully investigated. Kate

Found 56 reviews