Office Angels Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Office Angels Reviews

Updated 4 Dec 2019

4.0
Office Angels Head of Office Angels Kate Garbett (no image)
Kate Garbett
Pros
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "Doing temp work means that it's flexible and up to you(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I then rang the branch manager who had no time for me in what I was saying and made me feel guilty for leaving to work for a competitor(in 3 reviews)

• "Obviously as its temp work you can be dropped from the assignment very quickly(in 3 reviews)

1. "Wendy Carpenter is the driving force of success"

Former Employee - Full Time Permanent

I worked at Office Angels full-time

Pros

Make loads of Money Quick Career Progression Good Social life and incentives

Cons

Give more time for new processes to take hold

Office Angels2019-12-04
  2. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for progression + continuous training. Office Angels is a nurturing environment, family feel office! Excellent work is noticed and rewarded in many different ways. Lots of fantastic benefits available for employees.

Cons

None that I think of, great place to work!

Office Angels2019-11-28
  3. "An amazing place to work, full of opportunities."

Current Employee - Principal Business Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of support, training, opportunities to progress and a chance to take ownership of your work and how you work with you clients; backed up with lots of helpful materials and information. Monthly webinars, you really feel engaged with the company and their goals and how you are all working towards and achieving the same objectives together. Fun culture and great rewards, you really get out what you put in.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

I would love a place to work quietly occasionally. Keep up the great work and the training opportunity which I always enjoy.

Office Angels2019-11-27
  4. "OA is my home from home!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Dartford, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people make this company and my work family are as important to me as my actual flesh and blood, I wouldn't want to be without them. OA gives me every opportunity to grow as an individual and I honestly struggle to step away from my work at the end of the day as I always want to do more, not because I feel I have to but because I want to!

Cons

Recruitment is not an easy industry it can be very testing - that said I am totally addicted to it so maybe that is not a con?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, there is always more to be done but that is the joy of it!

Office Angels2019-11-05
  5. "A professional recruitment business with service at the forefront of our minds!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

An amazing inclusive organisation with a real family feel. Putting employees first and rewarding hard work and dedication every day. Dedicated to ensuring our customers are given the best experience when finding a new role or recruiting for their team. Fantastic training, flexible working patterns, we are all in this together.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Office Angels2019-10-14
  6. "Unforgettable organisation"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at Office Angels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Office Angels Crawley for over 3 and a half years. I feel incredibly honoured to of had the opportunity to have worked for such a powerful brand. Surrounded by kind, empowering businesswomen and leaders. My Executive Director, Area Manager and Branch Manager always treated me fairly and made me feel so valuable. Office Angels is unique and one of a kind, a company that truly cares about your well-being and career development. Thank you, Office Angels, for making my time with you so enjoyable.

Cons

None! I left Office Angels due to personal circumstances

Office Angels2019-09-11
  7. "Defintely dont value their people as people - more a number"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Office Angels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Team I managed were very loyal and offered great service to all their candidates and clients - regardless of hitting a target or not

Cons

After giving over 12 years of my working career with the company (Often worked many hours over the normal working week) - it had too many senior management/company changes, and unfortunately lost its personable feel that it initially had, and in the end treated extremely loyal staff like rubbish. Definitely became too interested in saving costs and number crunching once fully under the Adecco ways. In the end treated staff like numbers rather than people. Such a shame as the old days were totally different.

Advice to Management

Remember your staff having feelings and are not just numbers. If you support them and treat them right, they will give you so much more back.

Office Angels2019-10-17
  8. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everyone is very supportive of each other and genuinely wants everyone to do well. Executive Director is fantastic, very motivating and has time for everyone regardless of what level you are at. Fantastic training and lots of opportunities for progression and development. Good bonus scheme and lots of other incentives both locally and nationally. Flexible start and finish times and more emphasis on work life balance than most recruitment firms.

Cons

Basic salaries are lower than market average although bonus in sales roles does make up for this in some way

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Office Angels2019-09-05
  9. "A great company and team"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a really positive top-down culture of care at this company. Our Executive Director is focused and enthusiastic about making OA the best it can be. The Manchester office is a friendly and supportive place to work - in recruitment, you often reap what you sow, and if you work smart and care about what you are doing, there is lots of opportunity to be successful here. The tide is definitely turning in terms of recognising that offering flexibility means that people can still do their jobs well whilst working from home on occasion, or with condensed hours.

Cons

As with other reviews, the basic salary is not as competitive as it could be.

Advice to Management

My opinion about my job is the best it has been in years. Thank you for continuing to look for ways to engage and support your employees.

Office Angels2019-09-05
  10. "Great"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Office Angels full-time

Pros

Great opportunities and benefits available

Cons

No cons to working here.

Office Angels2019-08-21