Office Angels Employee Reviews about "paid on time"

Updated 28 Nov 2018

3.9
Office Angels Head of Office Angels Kate Garbett (no image)
Kate Garbett
Pros
  • "Executive Director is fantastic, very motivating and has time for everyone regardless of what level you are at(in 3 reviews)

• "Fantastic training, flexible working patterns, we are all in this together(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • " low pay (in 4 reviews)

• "No cons from me, loved being with them(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "paid on time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Well..."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

- I applied for a role and started three days after application - Always paid on time - The lady that helps with holiday was lovely

Cons

So, I worked for them for 7 months on minimum wage, according to agency working rights, after three months, you should earn the same amount as anyone else on your level within your team at your assignment..this didn’t happen. Whenever I tried to get a hold of my consultant, they never got back to me or they did but late at night with work the following day, very unprofessional. Whenever they came to ‘visit’ and ‘see how i was doing’ they stayed having a catch up with the manager (friends outside of work) and didn’t come to see myself or other office angels temps, again, unprofessional. Finally, I then left for a competitor who offered nearly double the wage for the same hours including flexi time so who wouldn’t accept? I was then told via text a complete lie on my terms of leaving with no opportunity for an explanation which lead to a refusal of a reference and no opportunity for work again, I can’t say I would want to go back there anyway!!! I then rang the branch manager who had no time for me in what I was saying and made me feel guilty for leaving to work for a competitor. Eventually, they confirmed my dates of employment, which I feel they purposely delayed to ensure I couldn’t start my new job on time, little did they know I was waiting for a CRB so it didn’t cause any issues. I also had to take a week off work due to illness which coincided with a job offer, I was accused of lying about being ill in order to get a new job, this was not the case, I took a pay cut for being ill, I know I’d rather the money!!

Office Angels2018-11-28

Office Angels Response

August 27, 2019Executive Director

I am so disappointed to read your review and would personally like to apologise for the experience you received. This is absolutely unacceptable and not the service that we pride ourselves on. We are a people first business who always want to provide an honest and transparent service to our clients, candidates and indeed our own employee’s. We can’t help everyone, but explaining what we can do, not over promising and providing alternative solutions are all things we are regularly praised on in our customer reviews. If you would be willing to get in touch personally, I would really like to know which office you received this experience from. My email address is kate.garbett@office-angels.com. We take poor service incredibly seriously and if you can confirm where and who you were dealing with, I can ensure this is fully investigated. Kate

"Have a lot of questions about how they function"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Office Angels full-time for more than a year

Pros

I suppose getting paid on time?

Cons

Very poor communication from the consultants and I have a lot of questions about some of the companies they are recruiting for. They sell the usual spiel about finding you a job ASAP but seem to be somewhat like annoyed if you ring them up if they haven't after a while. I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Office Angels2018-02-24
  3. "Unreliable"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

Very easy to get the job Always paid on time

Cons

I have had two assignments with this company and both times I have found the consultants unreliable. The first time I was told a role would be permanent, when the company weren't even in a position to offer that. The second time I was about to be let go from the company I was in and the consultants I been referring to decided to ignore my messages asking about if there was any work going or even when I tried informing them about my situation they didn't seem too bothered. The only time I got an answer back is when I handed in my notice 3 weeks later.

Office Angels2017-03-16

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews