Oliver Bonas Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2022

Found 309 of over 338 reviews

4.2
Oliver Bonas Managing Director Oliver Tress (no image)
Oliver Tress
Pros
  • "Loved the staff discount that was available(in 33 reviews)

• "Good pay for a sales assistant job(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When the London living wage went up, OB pulled out of the(in 13 reviews)

• "The place where the head office is is isolated(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Jun 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work enviroment, pay higher than minimum wage

Cons

Higher up management not keen to let you progress

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Customer Services

Jun 14, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Career opportunities - Managers are always willing to help you progress and make sure you're on the right track - Great perks such as sample sale, discounts and Bonas Bus - Family feel - Can be yourself

Cons

- Training could have been better in some departments.

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

May 26, 2022 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely place to work, surrounded by lovely products. Great staff discount. The company made you feel included.

Cons

When I worked they removed the living wage once they grew which they were very proud of previously.

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear about your positive experiences with us, creating an environment where everyone feels included and that they can be themselves is so important to us and we are glad that this is what you have found. While we have moved away from paying the Living Wage Foundation rates, we are still proud of our pay rates and they are well above the living wage rates set by the Government.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company to work for

Jun 10, 2022 - Sales Associate in Wokingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay, great discount, lovely team

Cons

Would be nice to earn more money on bank holidays

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for your review, we're so pleased to see the positive comments you have shared about your team and the pay and benefits. Regarding the bank holiday pay, we include bank holidays within everyone’s holiday balance as we know that the bank holidays dates are not always important to everyone, this gives people the flexibility to take time off when it would mean the most to them.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not bad

Jun 5, 2022 - Web Fulfillment in Tolworth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work and good collegues

Cons

Location isn't ideal unless you drive

Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for your review, we are pleased to hear your positive feedback on our teams. We are aware that some of our teams don’t drive and have our Bonas Bus which provides a shuttle service to and from the local train station to ease the journey.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very positive

May 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super nice management/ team, its fun to work at Oliver Bonas :)

Cons

Everything is super nice, no cons.

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are experiencing our work hard, play hard and be kind values and having fun at work this is so important to us.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working at Oliver Bonas

May 20, 2022 - Retail Sales Assistant in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, friendly team, advocate for mental health

Cons

Less flexible around christmas period

Recruitment Advisor

Thanks so much for your review. We really value the wellbeing of our teams and are pleased to hear your feedback on the support provided for our teams, we well as your positive feedback on our teams and pay rates. We appreciate your feedback on having less flexibility around Christmas, as I am sure you recognise this is our busiest trading period and we try to take a fair approach to authorising time-off amongst the team.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely place, friendly people

May 20, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

-great pay -great staff discount -friendly, easy going managers with lots of patience -great work environment - they do care bout the peooe that work for them.

Cons

-standing all day ( but hey - that is reail for you)

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to see the positives you have mentioned around our pay, benefits, management teams and environment. We appreciate your feedback on the physicality’s of the role, we recognise that it is the nature of the role but it can be a challenging and we appreciate the hard work that goes into it.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to progress

Jun 2, 2022 - Store Supervisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Staff discounts (OB Rewards scheme) - Multicultural - Career Growth - Solid Mental Health supports - Job security - Strong customer-centric approach

Cons

- Flexible contracts - High Employee Turnover - Incompatible Company Values - Poor Management Styles (well known but ignored for years) - Toxic work environments (some stores) - Sense of Boredom and Unhappiness during slow days

Continue reading

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It’ great to hear the positives you experienced, our teams wellbeing and career development is really important to us. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts on our contracts and turnover, this is something we do monitor and have carried out a survey to understand our teams feedback on this so we can review and improve in this area. I am sorry to hear your feedback on your experience with some of our management team, if you would like to share further information on this with our People team we would be happy to review this further, please do get in touch at people@oliverbonas.com

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Oliver Bonas Retail Sales Assistant

May 9, 2022 - Retail Sales Assistant in Muswell Hill, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Very friendly and welcoming working environment, I felt very comfortable and content working there. As I was able to build trust that led to me taking on further responsibilities such as covering as store manager for the day, being visual merchandiser and head of jewellery. - Felt like a family - Never a dull day! - Great store discounts - Great pay

Cons

- Tired and sore legs as the job requires to be standing all day

Recruitment Advisor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you felt able to be yourself and we recognise the importance in investing in our team’s development. We appreciate your feedback on the physicality’s of the role, we recognise that it can be a challenging role and appreciate the hard work that goes into it, as well as the importance of a well-timed break.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 309 Reviews

Oliver Bonas Reviews FAQs

Oliver Bonas has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 338 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Oliver Bonas to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Oliver Bonas employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Oliver Bonas. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

89% of Oliver Bonas employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oliver Bonas 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Oliver Bonas Job Seekers