Oliver James Associates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
Oliver James Associates Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Oliver James offers great career opportunities, the company has a solid meritocratic structure where everyone has the chance to grow professionally" (in 42 reviews)

• "Promotions are very possible with dedication and hard work" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but that is recuitment" (in 48 reviews)

• "Working hours / core hours are enforced very rigidly with little flexibility" (in 24 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, business is growing rapidly but isn't losing its core values. Fast paced work environment but support from management and learning and development teams is excellent. Career growth and oppertunities are endless. Great working benefits as well!

Cons

Work life balance could be slighty better but this is being worked on and there have been some positive changes in this area.

2. "Great people, great company"

Current Employee - Operations in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Active support for you career progression. Great atmosphere. Fun, energetic people. Fast-paced and ambitious.

Cons

Due to the fast-paced nature of the businesses growth it can be a little chaotic at times but I'd much rather that than being bored or waiting for things to happen.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Unrivalled growth opportunities in a fun environment."

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Business with a vision, tenacious leaders and a passionate culture.

Cons

Intense environment but equally rewarding.

4. "Excellent Business To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked for Oliver James for my first year I have been made to feel welcome by people in all departments/teams/management and people who work in other offices. There is a real low turn over in staff so it’s clear to see the support and progression available for a range of people as they have developed their careers. End of Quarter presentations from the owner James Rogers are really informative and motivational - to be part of a business Quarterly breaking company records across the globe is something to be proud of. We all know we are part of reaching these goals by how the business treats eveberyone equally. The number of promotions across teams quarterly is also unbelievable as a new employee to see, but all these are well deserved and based on smashing their targets, should that be financial for sales staff or reaching mile stones for support staff.
    It is clear the owners invest a lot of profit back into the business from support functions to L&D and company events which are amazing!!

Cons

I haven’t had a bad experience to mention

Advice to Management

Keep to the clear strategy the business has set and treating everyone as equals, celebrating the wins as teams. Social side is also excellent and worth continuing the investment in smaller weekly events, monthly lunch clubs, to larger summer and Christmas events.

5. "Fantastic Environment to reach your potential"

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions & rewards are based on performance and ability, not just how long you have worked for OJ

Managers will allow you to try new things, gain new knowledge and stretch your potential and will support you will all the training/coaching needed.

Great culture, people and office environment.

Cons

Not the place for anyone who only wants to put in 'minimum' as they will be left behind.

6. "A fantastic choice for those with a career focus"

Current Employee - Marketing, Operations in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Marketing, Operations in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Oliver James is the first company I've worked at where, when they say hard work and dedication is rewarded it actually turns out to be true! With progression plans in place for everyone across sales and operations, regular promotions and a focus on recruiting from within where possible - this is a company which challenges you to think about the direction you want your career to go in, and then gives you the tools to get there.

When you take this into account, along with the benefits (in-house learning and development, extended lunch break for gym-goers, drinks every Friday and truly exceptional company events - to name a few), I can honestly say that this is a company that once you join, you stick with!

Cons

The hours can be long on the consulting side of the business, but no more than what's expected across the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep on supporting your people, there is a great family-feel throughout the business - unique for a company of this size.

7. "Great atmosphere, room to develop!"

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

I work within the operational side of the business in Manchester. My role is incredibly diverse which keeps it interesting . I am also encouraged to seek out opportunities for self improvement through training and qualifications which demonstrates the value OJ places in their employees.

Company perks! Lots of opportunity to socialise at company events, the extended gym lunch are very useful and free drinks on a Friday maintains the positive atmosphere :)

Cons

nothing really to add here!

8. "Great company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotion pathway for clear progression structure
    Allow project work alongside BAU to enable growth, development and progression
    Training sessions held my learning and development team covering a variety of topics to aid in your day to day work and also aid in your professional/personal growth
    All ideas are heard, if you have a way of improving a process the company/managers will listen to your ideas and implement if they work.
    Company events are the best i have ever experienced, extended lunch breaks, after work drinks, away days, team/employee of the month rewards, internal recognition are a few things that set this company apart from any I have ever worked for before.

Cons

Sometimes the job can be challenging with the volume of work/new ventures.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to people and allow the teams to continue to grow with the increased volume.

9. "Exciting company with global opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Growing quickly and expanding globally, with lots of opportunities for international relocation
    - Regular training from a top L&D team
    - Great culture - very social, with four major events over the year and drinks every Friday
    - Good promotion prospects - clear route for recruiters and very regular promotions across the wider business
    - 1.5 hour lunch breaks for gym goers
    - Approachable management from ownership down
    - Good work/life balance in operational roles
    - Nice office in a great location

Cons

- Long hours for recruiters, but still better than the industry standard.
    - High expectations and hard work, but well rewarded

10. "A business that cares"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, always looking to up skill . Trainers always on hand..
    Good social scene , feel likes one big family.
    An inclusive business

Cons

Can’t think of any, hours can be long but that’s expected.

Advice to Management

Keep on encouraging as recruitment can be quite tough.