Oliver James Associates Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Feb 2020

4.6
Oliver James Associates Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "The people at Oliver James are the best thing about the company(in 46 reviews)

• "Social events bring the whole of OJ together which is great(in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "The only drawback has previously been long hours(in 64 reviews)

• "Most of the frustrations around working hours / flexibility have been addressed(in 28 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Great company to work for the leadership team are dedicated to making sure everyone is happy trained and looked after which is refreshing.

Cons

Not many major cons

Oliver James Associates2020-02-13
  2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company benefits, transparent environment, approachable Directors, sociable working environment.

Cons

It is a challenging environment and pressurised but the rewards outweigh this.

Oliver James Associates2019-12-12

"Good working environment if you are competitive"

Former Employee - Researcher in Manchester, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good salary and benefits (including bonus) in case performance is excellent. Great summer and Christmas parties (never seen them anywhere else). Very good training team, that trains you at the beginning of your contract but also during your working life at OJ.

Cons

Very stressful and competitive environment. Very demanding atmosphere and long working hours.

Oliver James Associates2019-11-11
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

- Lunchtime gym sessions - Decent industry hours - Decent commission structure - Good senior management team - Great summer/Christmas parties

Cons

- Very KPI heavy - Some old school attitudes (but these are changing)

Oliver James Associates2019-10-07

"The world is your oyster"

Former Employee - Manager in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a graduate, choosing my first role and employer was important to me. I was particularly attracted to Oliver James Associates due to its people first and foremost, the business’s values and ethos, the growth plans and the prestige of the firm. I joined in 2015 as an Associate Consultant and through hard work, being part of a successful team in Manchester and with the support of the leadership team was promoted through the ranks year on year to Manager, having been given lots of opportunity including to build and grow my own desk and even move to New York! The business is meritocratic and truly lives by its values of being the most trusted recruitment firm globally. I have enjoyed working closely with and learning from the leadership team and being part of the leadership team consequently myself where my ideas were listened to and implemented. I couldn’t recommend a better business to a budding recruiter seeking to progress and develop his or her career. I left the business a couple of weeks ago and this was down to relocation and to try something different; I was able to do this through the doors opened to me by being part of the OJA family for nearly 5 years. Finally, the OJA has a great L&D team (as well as a vibrant social atmosphere and company events!) and a good commission structure rewarding hard work.

Cons

No major disadvantages to note - constant hard work is expected, so if you are lacking commitment, then it’s not the place for you!

Oliver James Associates2019-09-17

"Hard work, stressful but fun."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

The right teams and markets will make you alot of money. The company pays for alot of events and socials. Good management at the higher levels.

Cons

Middle management micro manage you and are KPI obsessed. Long hours.

Oliver James Associates2019-09-16
  7. "Inspiring Business, Great Mentors, Unparalleled Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In a pretty saturated recruitment market, Oliver James Associates stands shoulders above their competition. Approach towards business is strategic and intelligent, training and development of all staff is paramount, and the investment they make into technology, office environment, staff rewards and wellbeing is unrivaled. With so many businesses struggling or making cut-backs it's refreshing to be part of such a pioneering and growing company.

Cons

The company is getting big, but this is not a business that you can expect to hide and be average in. It's tough to get a job here, and you have to be committed to working hard, but you will find yourself surrounded by some of the best recruiters in the market, who will inspire you to push yourself harder and with that will come exceptional earnings and promotional opportunities - just look at how many Directors have risen from consultant level during their career here. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset they will back you and you could be the next Director opening a new location.

Oliver James Associates2019-08-15

"Senior Consultant Opinion"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Established business with excellent client relationships means that making placements and money is easy

Cons

Very process driven and lacks any creativity. Days become monotonous and boring. You feel very much like a cog in a machine

Oliver James Associates2019-06-17
  9. "Fantastic training and leadership"

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Training and leadership are excellent.

Cons

Long working hours, although I’ve heard this has improved recently.

Oliver James Associates2019-05-15
  10. "Amazing recruitment firm in London"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing platform to help succeed Training helps develop talent from no experience to senior positions Great culture helping people work together but allows for a positive competitive spirit Social events bring the whole of OJ together which is great

Cons

Long hours but that's what you get with recruitment

Oliver James Associates2019-03-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 242 reviews