Oliver James Associates Reviews

Updated 11 Aug 2020

4.7
Oliver James Associates Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "but with a company like OJ, it's actually been amazing(in 36 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but that is a given if you want to become a successful recruiter(in 66 reviews)

• "Most of the frustrations around working hours / flexibility have been addressed(in 28 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- market leaders in their field, very strong brand and reputation - great platform to earn good money, strong commission structure - strong leadership, and clear direction, with flexibility to enter new markets and adapt to changing market conditions - fun environment

Cons

- Hours can be long at times

July 1, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. We wish you every success in your role with us.

2. "Great recruitment business to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Managing Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very impressive, experienced consultants to learn from Work with the very best clients in given vertical markets in FS and Insurance Good promotion pathway for junior consultants Well looked after in terms of social events and office engagement Brilliant leadership and access to Directors/Owners when needed

Cons

Only downside I'd say is no incentives for payrises - yes there's commission but for people who have stayed with the business for a while they should be rewarded for their loyalty and have something in place to ensure peoples pay goes up. Hard to move from Managing Consultant to Principal unless you've been with the business over 5 years.

August 12, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your time at Oliver James. It's great to hear you enjoyed the social events and office environment, and found the leadership and access to Directors/experienced consultants beneficial. Your feedback has been taken on board and will be passed onto the management team. We wish you all the best for your new role.

3. "Great"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Motivating KPIs Great incentives and commission structure

Cons

Long hours most days Very formal

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are enjoying your time with us. Your feedback has been taken on board and we wish you every success in your role with us.

4. "A brilliant and inclusive recruitment company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great support in promoting females in the business. Each year the business holds an event for International Women's day and are continuously striving to have an even ratio of females to males in the business. Along with having more female Directors than in other businesses I have worked at previously. The business welcomes those who want to develop whether it be in Sales or Operations. If you have a vision of where you want to go in the business the Directors fully support you- along with having our own Learning & Development team who are always offering constant support and training. The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment. The Managing Directors care about the staff and therefore hold huge summer & Christmas events across the group. Having worked for another recruitment company in the past I hadn't received the same staff incentives as we do at Oliver James.

Cons

No huge cons- obviously working within a hardworking and competitive environment is expected for a recruitment agency, but that's something I personally like.

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are always working hard to ensure Oliver James is a diverse, equal and inclusive place to work, so it’s great to hear your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying the training, incentives and summer/Christmas events. We wish you every success in your role with us.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked at Oliver James for just over one year and it is by far the best company I have ever worked for. There are many company benefits including weekly Friday drinks, regular staff events that bring everyone together, and extended lunch breaks so that you can go to the gym. They invest a lot into their staff and provide excellent training as they genuinely care about staff development.

Cons

It can be a challenging environment as it is very target driven and the hours are long, however, the benefits outweigh this, and hard work is rewarded

6. COVID-19

"Great flexibility with working mums and fun place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive with working mums, great flexibility around start and finish times to suit my lifestyle. Fantastic offices. Top billers you can learn from daily and senior management are very accessible and willing to help.

Cons

I don't have anything of note.

Continue reading

June 26, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James and feel supported, especially during these uncertain times. We wish you all the best in your role with us.

"Fake Reviews, Fake Leadership, Fake People and yeah, Fake Reviews."

1.0

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Nice Manchester Office -Good Air-con -Early finish Fridays

Cons

-Incompetent leadership and sexist -Sexist managers -Gossiping culture -Managers asking for good reviews on Glassdoor, sometimes you get incentives.

Continue reading

July 1, 2020Marketing

It is disappointing to read that your experience of Oliver James was not a positive one. Team collaboration is strongly encouraged and embedded across all of our offices, and any form of prejudice would not be tolerated at Oliver James. Your feedback has been taken on board and will be passed onto the management team. We wish you all the best in your new role.

8. "Positive, Supportive Culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

In-House L&D Team are a great asset to the company, I started with no recruitment experience and felt very supported in my first few weeks in the business and they have helped me develop since then. From Day 1 I was able to hit the ground running and start making commission. Success is achievable with hard work and celebrated in the office. This is very motivating. During the last few months of being in lock down, I have been made feel very secure in my position.

Cons

If you aren't prepared to work hard then you will not be successful here

June 8, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are taking full advantage of our in-house Learning and Development team and feel you are constantly developing. We wish you every success in your role with this.

"Fine"

2.0

I worked at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Social environment with the whole office attending Friday drinks

Cons

One-upmanship and competitiveness overshadow whole vibe of office

May 1, 2020Marketing

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the social environment of the office and we are extremely proud that our efforts to create a fun and thriving working environment is being appreciated. Team collaboration is strongly encouraged and embedded across the whole of Oliver James, so it is disappointing to hear how you felt about the office you worked in. We pride ourselves on creating a positive work environment where all individuals can learn from one another and build a successful career, so your feedback will be taken on board. We wish you every success in your new role.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Oliver James Associates full-time

Pros

Great company to work for the leadership team are dedicated to making sure everyone is happy trained and looked after which is refreshing.

Cons

Not many major cons

May 1, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your feedback, it is great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James and are finding the guidance from the leadership team particularly useful. We wish you every success in your role.

Found 250 reviews