Oliver James Reviews

Found 335 of over 365 reviews

4.6
Oliver James Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "OJ cares about it’s people and it cares about performance - suits me perfectly(in 46 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but you want to give it your all(in 73 reviews)

• "Long working hours and stress to hit KPIs (expected in any recruitment jobs), but you are encouraged to take breaks)(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Jan 19, 2022 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They've got a great culture and flexibility

Cons

Cant think of any stand out cons

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

The best out there for an opportunity

Dec 17, 2021 - Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progression, culture, commission, locations, salary

Cons

None really, there’s lots of flexibility too

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your role with us.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amateur

Jan 20, 2022 - Payroll Coordinator in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much, free beer and wine in the fridge

Cons

Amateurish management and mindset Stay away for your sanity and career's sake

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent company

Dec 2, 2021 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great management clear incentives excellent training and progression opportunities

Cons

no cons of working there

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your new role.

5. 5.0

i

Nov 15, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its a Great place to work

Cons

Nothing to report bad, at all

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Review of Oliver James

Nov 2, 2021 - Manager in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and reward potential

Cons

There are not really any cons

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Sep 23, 2021 - Business Partner in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

OJ has great culture. L&D team are second to none. Potential earnings The leadership team

Cons

Nothing to say here tbh.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Realistic Career Progression, Fantastic People, Positive Environment

Aug 22, 2021 - Divisional Director in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The business has been able to offer me realistic career progression based on not only performance, taking into consideration contribution to people development and leadership of others. Support through the Covid period has been fantastic and they have ensured people’s careers were not put on hold, the complete opposite. The people are the heart of the organisation, the best team I have personally worked with over my recruitment career. Work life balance is great with ability for everyone to flex around their own needs

Cons

Can’t think of any that come to mind

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most supportive & inclusive recruitment company!

Aug 19, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Super Central Office Location in Spinnigfields *Constant support and acknowledgement from management *Competitive salary & commission structure *Remote/Flexible working options *Training & Development team always running new sessions to help improve *Great built relationships and name in the recruitment industry *Access to all of the recruitment resources & networking events *Diverse & Inclusive office culture

Cons

*Social events with the team that make me want to be out too much, haha!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

The most supportive and genuine employer I've ever had

Aug 17, 2021 - Senior Delivery Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started my role at OJ in 2021 and I can safely say I've never worked anywhere with a more supportive and positive culture during my career so far. I sit on the Change & Tech team and they are truly great and we work collaboratively every day, which is a refreshing change especially in the recruitment industry. One thing that I love is the company wide flat structure, you can honestly talk to anyone in the business regardless of seniority and everyone has made me feel so welcome during my first few months. There are great progression opportunities for everyone (regardless of sector or role) and people genuinely want you to succeed here which is a lovely feeling.

Cons

Not a con but flexible working would be a nice to have

Viewing 1 - 10 of 335 Reviews