Oliver James Reviews

Found 372 of over 416 reviews

4.6
Oliver James Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "OJ cares about it’s people and it cares about performance - suits me perfectly(in 46 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but you want to give it your all(in 73 reviews)

• "Long working hours and stress to hit KPIs (expected in any recruitment jobs), but you are encouraged to take breaks)(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture and progression

Jun 15, 2022 - Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company that cares about its people and provide great tools and training to enhance growth and development

Cons

Long hours but rewarding with progression

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible WLB, management are only looking out for themselves, full of your typical laddish recruiters

May 26, 2022 - Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good base pay. Higher than most recruitment agencies.

Cons

Prety much everything else. Often ended up working 10+ hour days, genuinely awful management, hazing culture. They cut the commission when I had only just joined, so I never saw anyone making any real money if they weren't on certain desks.

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s disappointing to read that your experience of Oliver James was not a positive one. We take the wellbeing of our employees very seriously and our management team and wellbeing initiatives aim to provide an environment where everyone has the support and opportunity to learn and develop, but most importantly, enjoy their work. Our commission scheme has never been cut and we have actually seen the largest increase in our history for commission. Your feedback will be passed onto our management team and we wish you all the best in your new role.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative, fun, engaging workplace!

Apr 6, 2022 - Business Analyst in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Brilliant learning environment - Great supportive co workers and teams - Massive opportunities for growth career wise and your personal business skills - Extremely engaging atmosphere and culture - Treats employees well! - Fun!

Cons

As it is Work hard play hard environment (partly why it is so engaging)- if you want purely a 9-5pm where you leave on the dot everyday it's not for you - there is a reason OJ only settles for excellence. But what you put in you get out so all it works out!

1 person found this review helpful

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your role with us.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Brilliant company

Mar 5, 2022 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent development programs Great culture

Cons

Can’t think of any None outstanding

1 person found this review helpful

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome company - REAL CAREER PROSPECTS

Mar 3, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- awesome people - career driven - work hard you get hugely rewarded

Cons

I really do struggle to find cons, because I love the people (sales and ops), I also work hard so I get my rewards and progression

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely amazing company to work for

Mar 3, 2022 - Operations Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a forward thinking, agile, entrepreneurial company. What is distinct about Oliver James compared to our competition is the focus on wellbeing and the nurturing of the potential of their staff. Happy employees deliver fantastic service to clients, which is evident by the fact the company is growing at an incredible rate. The promotion opportunities, underpinned by investment in employee training and development, really shows in the quality of our people and the service we provide to candidates and clients. The social events also galvanise the relationships to make Oliver James a successful business. Excellent support and benefits packages and an inspirational leadership team who are approachable and supportive.

Cons

None at all, can’t fault a thing

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career development every step of the way

Feb 7, 2022 - Senior Manager in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

With training available from your first day, it is made clear when you join OJ that the development of your career is as important as the success of the business.

Cons

Expectations are high and the work can be challenging, but so are the rewards for those who embrace it.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Oliver James London - Amazing Company To Work For!

Feb 3, 2022 - Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture in London. Having worked at Oliver James for over 7 years, I can't recommend the firm highly enough for the development and growth you will gain as a researcher/consultant. - Great incentives and commission plans - Exceptional resources and training at your disposal - Social work events and summer/Christmas parties are great way to meet other offices in the OJ group - Real investment in people who want to succeed - The board, management and leaders within the business are great to learn and bounce ideas off.

Cons

- Commute into London is tedious at times if coming from the outskirts of London (improved with flexible working)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to work and develop

Jan 24, 2022 - Operations in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunities Opportunity to learn & Develop Support from Managers / colleagues Fun place to work

Cons

Can be pretty challenging from time to time

10. 5.0

Good place to work

Jan 19, 2022 - Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They've got a great culture and flexibility

Cons

Cant think of any stand out cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 372 Reviews

Oliver James Reviews FAQs

Oliver James has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 416 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Oliver James to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Oliver James employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Oliver James. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

90% of Oliver James employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oliver James 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Oliver James Job Seekers