Oliver James Employee Reviews about "oj"

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 54 of over 411 reviews

4.5
Oliver James Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "OJ cares about it’s people and it cares about performance - suits me perfectly(in 46 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but you want to give it your all(in 73 reviews)

• "Long working hours and stress to hit KPIs (expected in any recruitment jobs), but you are encouraged to take breaks)(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "oj"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Sep 23, 2021 - Business Partner in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

OJ has great culture. L&D team are second to none. Potential earnings The leadership team

Cons

Nothing to say here tbh.

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your role with us.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

The most supportive and genuine employer I've ever had

Aug 17, 2021 - Senior Delivery Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started my role at OJ in 2021 and I can safely say I've never worked anywhere with a more supportive and positive culture during my career so far. I sit on the Change & Tech team and they are truly great and we work collaboratively every day, which is a refreshing change especially in the recruitment industry. One thing that I love is the company wide flat structure, you can honestly talk to anyone in the business regardless of seniority and everyone has made me feel so welcome during my first few months. There are great progression opportunities for everyone (regardless of sector or role) and people genuinely want you to succeed here which is a lovely feeling.

Cons

Not a con but flexible working would be a nice to have

3. 5.0

Consistent success

May 13, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

OJ challenges you to be the best you can be, the development opportunities you receive go all the way through your career, and the business retains a family feel while consistently growing every year

Cons

It's a lot of fun working at OJ and would be great to see the social events coming back after lockdown

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Mar 6, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good commission structure, flexible working

Cons

Not any cons to OJ

Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. We wish you every success in your role with us.

5. 5.0

Jan 18, 2021 - Head of Department in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced entrepreneurial business that allows employees to develop alongside the business. Constant opportunities for change and transformation, while allowing input from teams to develop systems and service. Clear pathway for progression, with expectations and objectives clearly defined and measured. Rewarded when met, not a culture of moving the goal posts. OJ do what they say they will. Opportunity to develop skills with training, both by internal and external providers. OJ allows the flexibility to create your own career plan. They help you identify your strengths and allow you to develop your role around these areas/ areas of interest. Now have flexibility to work from home which allows me to have a better work life balance.

Cons

The business moves at a fast pace, if you are not willing to work hard then you may be left behind.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Rewarding /driven/fast paced environment

Sep 27, 2020 - Associate Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in a challenging and fun environment. Fantastic L&D and a business that cares. Supports you in the tough times and pushes you in the good times.

Cons

Doesn’t suit everyone as OJ moves at a fast pace.

Marketing

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James and feel supported during these uncertain times. Your feedback will be passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your role with us.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work for in Manchester

Feb 7, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture - inclusive environment, great social events e.g summer and Christmas parties are the best I've seen, weekly Friday drinks - Company benefits and commission - L&D team that you can not compare - training throughout ever step of your OJ career. - Extra half hour lunch for gym goer really helps

Cons

- As in all recruitment jobs, the hours are a little longer, but you get out what you put in. OJ recently decreased the work hours also. - It can be a tough job as it is a successful company, but if you are committed and hard working you will do well and reap the benefits.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good working environment if you are competitive

Nov 11, 2019 - Researcher in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good salary and benefits (including bonus) in case performance is excellent. Great summer and Christmas parties (never seen them anywhere else). Very good training team, that trains you at the beginning of your contract but also during your working life at OJ.

Cons

Very stressful and competitive environment. Very demanding atmosphere and long working hours.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Amazing recruitment firm in London

Mar 28, 2019 - Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing platform to help succeed Training helps develop talent from no experience to senior positions Great culture helping people work together but allows for a positive competitive spirit Social events bring the whole of OJ together which is great

Cons

Long hours but that's what you get with recruitment

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Jan 24, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

OJ is big on company culture and as soon as you start working here you understand why. The company events are the best I've attended and Friday drinks are always welcomed at the end of a long week. It's also great being able to have an extra half an hour for lunch if you go to the gym. Aside from the benefits, OJ is such a great company to be apart of. Since the beginning of my time here, I've felt my interests as an employee have been valued by senior staff across the whole business. I have felt extremely welcomed into the OJ family and I'm looking forward to a long and prosperous career.

Cons

I couldn't think of any if I tried

2 people found this review helpful