Olleco Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 August 2018

3.8
Robert Behan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Maintenance team Liverpool"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Olleco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aiming to be the best, good friendly environment, salary, shifts, very social company with regular events, job security, great team throughout.

Cons

Pension scheme could be improved

2. "Hard work"

I have been working at Olleco full-time

Pros

Nice people, some social benefits

Cons

The work is spread between too little amount of people meaning stress and pressure during the busier times. No pay increase

Advice to Management

Remember the reason people go to work in the first place

3. "Not quite there yet"

I worked at Olleco full-time

Pros

Great salary, good benefits, decent support

Cons

No defined direction, excess pressure, some people appointed in to jobs they have no idea about

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and follow it. If it's the wrong direction change it. Remember that you're trying to do some good AND make some money

"leave well alone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

I worked at Olleco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none that i can find

Cons

stupidly impossible workloads, office staff who have never done the job THINK they know more than the people who actually do the job. favoritism beyond belief. Uniform provided if you kiss enough backside, ditto with getting the best equipment. New rules announced EVERY week, but told to break these rules if it suits the office staff. I was doing 12 to 13 hour days yet they still kept adding even more work despite others doing around 7 to 8 hours for the same salary and some of them were nearer to the jobs being added than i was, yet because i dont kiss backsides the jobs were added to my schedule.

Advice to Management

resign, quit, and get some new people who know time, distances and all the job entails who have no favorites and can share work evenly

"Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Thetford, England
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Thetford, England

I have been working at Olleco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and colleagues

Cons

Salary is too low and should be revised

6. "Driver and delivery job"

Current Employee - Driver Delivery Service in Chester-le-Street, England
    Current Employee - Driver Delivery Service in Chester-le-Street, England

I have been working at Olleco full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Driver and delivery job I have been driving for over 30 year delivering things to the public got a full clean license and I live local so I know the area very well

Cons

Good communication With the public

7. "Twelve month onsite review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Olleco (Less than a year)

Pros

I've now been working at the Liverpool site for 12 months as a consultant and seen, and been closely involved, with how the business has positively changed during that period. There has been significant investment to site to improve the existing facility, this has been both to infrastructure but also to recruitment to ensure that the right skill sets are at site to continue with the ongoing vision of improvement and expansion.

In the current role I am doing at site, I am privy to see what the vision for the business is in the coming couple of years, and this vision is to continue to expand both production and the personnel skill base. Refreshing to see after witnessing in recent years the decline of the processing/manufacturing industry.

It is also good to know that the work being done at site, and by Olleco as a business, is net positive to the environment.

Cons

There still appears to be culture of running before walking within the business, which in itself is testament of how the business wants to improve immediately, however on occasion this may be of detriment to ensuring the "right first time" approach, which in the long term will be more efficient.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and invest into the business and the personnel on site as the benefits of what has now been done to date are becoming apparent.

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Food Waste Collection Driver in Newport, Newport, Wales
    Former Employee - Food Waste Collection Driver in Newport, Newport, Wales

I worked at Olleco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only management has pros with this company sat on the top of the ladder kicking things off at the workers when they pass underneath

Cons

Bad pay, bad management, very unprofessional,
    Cant take holidays when you want? Clothes stink no wash facilities it ends up in your car and home

Advice to Management

Try and pay the whole country the same pay for the same job 10 miles away you can earn another 5k for the same job?
    Quite frankly appalling...
    Interview was ridiculous asking about life goals ? Its a driver job try and ask about driving experience......

9. "A great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Blisworth, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Blisworth, England

I have been working at Olleco full-time

Pros

Across all areas of the business, the people at Olleco are incredibly friendly and welcoming; the company looks after all of its employees, both on a personal and professional level, and recognises the importance of making them feel valued and investing in their development. I love working for Olleco and would recommend it to anyone as a great place to work.

Cons

The workload is very high and turnaround times can be quite tight making it hard at times to get everything completed day-to-day.

Advice to Management

It may be helpful if Management were to look at adjusting their expectations for the completion time scales associated with large scale, company wide projects.

"Core values to the bone"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Blisworth, England
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Blisworth, England

I have been working at Olleco full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our company believes in 100% resource recovery from organic oil waste that is damaging to the environment, it is not all about money. The people are fantastic and the benefits of working with such people bring a wide variety of challenges and successes in an industry that is crucial to the infrastructure of the UK. Without Olleco the water board would flounder even more than they already do with contaminates in the Sewers. Without Olleco Scotland wouldn't be able to succeed in the legislative food waste laws. Bring on such laws to the rest of the UK.

Cons

Pace, if you are not up for a challenge then Olleco is not the company for you. There is too much to do to clean up this country.... Is Pace a con make your own mind up!

Challenge is part of human nature, waste oils and food do not smell of roses!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing, you are in that job for a reason.

Olleco Response

1 Nov 2016 – Group hr manager

Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your comments