OneSource Virtual Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Sep 18, 2020

Found 10 of over 338 reviews

4.0
OneSource Virtual CEO Trey Campbell
Trey Campbell
Pros
  • "Focus on forecasting and resourcing in 2018 has improved work life balance for some of us who were working longer hours(in 18 reviews)

• "Flexible Work Schedule & Work from Home Options(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can't think of one at the moment, every day has been a good one for me at OSV thus far(in 31 reviews)

• "New company finding its feet, few growing pains but getting there with the leadership team in place and listening to employees views(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Listened to employees and made the right changes

Feb 8, 2019 - PS Consultant in Derry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

OSV was a new company to Derry and their opening plan had flaws. 18 months ago Management took on board those issues and started to address them - changes were made at management and team level and we are all seeing the benefits of it. Pay is fair with a good bonus structure, but you have to work for it - don't expect to sit back and just be given a pay rise, promotion or a bonus. New benefits are added each year and there is a good holiday plan. The management team in Derry work hard to ensure that the team there collaborate with remote workers and the team in London or the US, encouraging office participation in local events. Eg Halloween, Clipper Festival & Jazz Festival Monthly team lunches allow the whole team to come together and see what other teams are doing Positive outlook in the office, teams work well together with everyone willing to step in and help if colleagues need it. Focus on forecasting and resourcing in 2018 has improved work life balance for some of us who were working longer hours Home working gives flexibility to your job, management are prepared to work with you if you need to work from home, but still encourage you to be in the office 1 day a week.

Cons

Work can be demanding - with some late nights needed to get projects completed

2 people found this review helpful

The Engagement Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive and detailed review. It sounds as though our Culture is in full swing! Thank you for your commitment to the Team!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work with opportunities to flourish

Dec 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

10 core values are at the heart of what the company does and they seem to be observed and practiced by the majority of the workforce. Good leadership team who practice the OSV values they preach. Employees are awarded well. Best environment I've worked in, with option to work from home. Very flexible Every opportunity is given to you to say your piece and the majority of what you say is listened to. All this equating to an open, friendly and family like culture. I enjoy going to work.

Cons

A year or two ago, I could have given a number of con's but, OSV have listened and realigned their management structure that suits most (which was the biggest problem with employee satisfaction, IMHO) A few in the business don't get the culture and some are just out of touch with what we do. This can make it difficult to get things done and is causing avoidable hostilities. I'm remunerated well but no pay increment structure exists (no cost of living rise etc). Also, the pay award structure doesn't fit the whole business. It works well for those in roles where they can progress from Analyst, Analyst 2, Senior Analyst Consultant, but not for the role that I or my team mates are in. I'm finding that I'm stuck on the same compensation package for 2 years unless I move department - which I don't really want to do.

2 people found this review helpful

183 Comments

Tech

36.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=OneSource Virtual~429129
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0

Great Tax Department

Sep 18, 2020 - Tax Associate in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Value employees, open door policy, work from home, and team spirit.

Cons

HR shows favoritism and inconsistent with resolving issues among employees and managers. Use unfair and deceptive practice. Leak information to employees.

3 people found this review helpful

The Engagement Team

We thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback about how we value our employees, and we especially appreciate you mentioning our open door policy. We understand you have concerns and would encourage you to use the open door policy and speak with our Senior Vice President of HR. We hope you will take this opportunity to reach out and discuss. We are always open to learning how we can make the OSV employee experience better. Thank you.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company - Fantastic Culture

Oct 2, 2019 - Workday Associate Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Emphasis on company culture is very noticeable - Managed PTO is great - Work from home opportunities - Nice office with coffee/snacks

Cons

I honestly can't think of a con. This job is a lot of work but that is certainly not a bad thing!

Be the first to find this review helpful

The Engagement Team

Thank you for your feedback. We can't take all the credit. Besides having an AMAZING Manager of Culture and Employee Engagement, we truly find that our success lies with our employees. So, thank you, and we're glad to have you as part of the OSV family! :-)

6. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at OSV because most of the employees are knowledgeable and team players, and in my department we have flexibility to work from home two days per week. Over the past several years there has been a lot of change in Executives which I was apprehensive about, but I think it was an improvement! There is now a lot more transparency in what the company is doing and what is going well or badly. Monthly employee service anniversary celebrations mean treats and socializing for everyone, not just those with anniversaries, which is nice. Popcorn Wednesdays are a fun way to have a few minutes away from your desk, socialize with employees from other areas while getting a nice snack! The on-boarding process was easy and the 'Our Story of Values' training class was engaging. I feel the company is always trying to improve, of course this will come with varying degrees of success but I like to see the effort. Overall, I really enjoy working here and would recommend it to friends. The "new" (about 3 years old now) building is terrific, nice open space, lots of light, big covered parking garage.

Cons

Some managers do not care about the company performance, or the well being of their employees, and may issue unrealistic performance goals. In some departments it may be difficult to obtain raises or to utilize your time off. The building maintenance has gone downhill over the past couple of years and see little dings in the paint, break rooms often pretty dirty despite having a cleaning crew. Not sure that is super reflective of OSV, although perhaps there is someone who could improve the way Cypress Waters management treats the building. The open concept work space does make it difficult when several people in the same department have customer phone calls at the same time, but is nice for collaboration. Would be nice if we could get some noise cancellation technology to minimize the amount of noise generated when many people are talking at once. Although one of the values is "we are a team" I still feel that some departments are very silo-ed and communication effort really depends on who in each department you are speaking to.

Be the first to find this review helpful

The Engagement Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We often hear examples from your list of favorites, and we agree with all of them. We appreciate the specific feedback as it allows us to take action. Thanks for the advice and we encourage you to keep voicing your suggestions.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Management is a joke!

Feb 28, 2018 - Implementation Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO is a big plus at Onesource. Get holidays off. Relaxed dress code. Some work from home days.

Cons

This company has done a full 180 since I started. The people that are in charge do not even come to the office more than three times a month. The managers play favoritism to those employees that suck up to them. You have a revolving door of employees because their is no room for advancement and have employees in position that should have been promoted years ago. No chance to talk to management as they could care less about any employees experiences. The executive team could care less to hear from any workers and are never there.

14 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Tax dept

Apr 9, 2017 - Processor in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and good health benefits. Great location and ability to work from home. Teamwork on a peer level is great.

Cons

Disposable. Unorganized. No room for advancement. Poor training no cohesion between processes management too busy to train but holds you responsible once upper management gets on their back.

14 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Career Launching Organization

Jan 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There are no ego's, the people are a joy to work with - The teams take pride in ensuring the success of the group - 401k match - Work from home/remote

Cons

- Not a place for people who are uncomfortable with change - Health plan is more expensive than some of the larger companies - No major cons working at OneSource Virtual... the people are what makes this place great

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Analyst

Jun 9, 2016 - Senior Analyst in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn Workday. Has some great people. Work from home days. This is all the comments I have at this time

Cons

Long work hours and little reward. Has some serious problems in a couple key departments because the management has hired unqualified personnel in some pivotal positions.

3 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

OSV - Great opportunities working for an new and innovative company!

Apr 23, 2014 - Product Support in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my job! I am able to learn and grow with OSV every step of the way. I get to be a part of something big and bring my own talent and suggestions to the table to help establish new processes and define the path to success with this young and growing company. I am able to work from home 1 day per week which is a huge incentive!

Cons

The cons for working with OSV is bitter sweet. The growth is happening fast so there is a lot of work todo! We continue to build the organization which will help alleviate the load. It is a great problem to have!

4 people found this review helpful