Online Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 7 Nov 2019

4.7
Online Business Systems CEO Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Excellent Professional Development program for professional growth(in 32 reviews)

• "As with many other long-tenured Onliners, I view my fellow(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Being away from the main office is hard when you're isolated at a client site with no other Onliners or only a few(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work variety, culture, PD benefits

Cons

No cons come to mind

Online Business Systems2019-11-08
  2. "The complete package"

Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Environment fosters the strength of individual employees and leverages this in collaborative environment for the realization of client goals 150% commitment to the professional and personal development of employees, core competencies and subject matter expertise The Management tier has found the perfect balance between empowering staff while still providing guidance and mentor-ship Provision of the resources... required for all work streams The culture is representative of the company's online presence .... we're a supportive family

Cons

None that I have discovered to date.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job!

Online Business Systems2019-09-13
  3. "Greatest Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Collaborative Work Environment, Team-Focused, Excellent Training & Development Program, Outstanding Leadership

Cons

Nothing negative about Online Business Systems

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Online Business Systems2019-08-26
  4. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very respectful and professional workplace. The management is always looking for ways to get work done better. They invest in their consultants.

Cons

Sometimes on longer contracts you might feel disconnected from the company.

Online Business Systems2019-07-06
  5. "22 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales & Client Relationships in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Online's culture is remarkable, and the people on the team are amazing. I believe that because the culture is so positive and strong, and Onliners appreciate their employer, we are all in a perfect spot to focus on our clients and helping them achieve great things.

Cons

No big cons to speak of. Maybe we should have more summer bbq's for the team??

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the vision and strategy so that Onliners can all pull together.

Online Business Systems2019-06-27
  6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people. Online is made up of very smart driven people. It makes coming to work motivating and rewarding. Leadership. Leadership is supportive and involves input from all Onliners. Culture. The culture at Online is very team oriented and always has Onliners are always doing the right thing for clients, for Online and for fellow Onliners. Always interesting. Online has various clients in various industries... and provides numerous services therefore it is always interesting work.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

Online Business Systems2019-06-18
  7. "Love Working Here"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work in a rapidly growing practice within the company Community is tightknit Upper management really cares for their employees

Cons

Working remotely can be an adjustment if one hasn't done so previously.

Advice to Management

None - keep up the great work!

Online Business Systems2019-06-10
  8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work/life balance Always Innovating Company is focused on Client Value

Cons

The company is more of a delivery organization, than a sales organization, which can be a con, but can also be a pro

Online Business Systems2019-06-07
  9. "Great company to work for, opportunities to grow career within"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A business owned and operated by people who care about their people and a strong desire to grow and succeed. Great professional development program for consulting and business team members, and as the company grows there is more opportunity to grow within. Vibrant environment in Winnipeg within the east Exchange. Growing team across North America with increasing ability to work from home part of the time, if clients... are ok with it. For those working outside of an office location, there are virtual team calls, and opportunities to stay connected. There are internal education programs to learn about the business, yoga during lunch and summer BBQs in Winnipeg, Staff Meetings are often at a local pub for those working together in the same location. Leadership has made effort in the last year to share strategy more, which is great! 13 consecutive years awarded as "Great Place to Work" in Canada, and it truly is!

Cons

At times, different parts of the company are still act somewhat independently. like across service areas and even in the head office. This can be good for quick decision-making, but can sometimes lead to miscommunications or finding out that more than one team is working on similar projects, or unaware of what the others are doing so it's hard to know who you can go to or lean on for things. Lots of emails for... communications. There is effort being put in to improve collaboration, which is positive to see. Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site. There is lots of paid parking lots nearby the Winnipeg office. It's an exciting time to be working here and everything about this company is better than I've seen anywhere else!!!

Advice to Management

Collaboration is a key word lately - for that we need good tools to communicate and excellent role models of collaboration from our leadership team. Keep each other informed about the important things (big and small) going on in your area of the business - if you are seen collaborating and working well together, employees will do the same. Starting growing the next layer of leadership for tomorrow, starting today... - keep including keen senior people who want to grow their careers as part of creating solutions and communicating messages. The right level of meetings, the right people at the meetings, the right way to share messages. We also need the right tools for audio and video conferencing, instant messaging, phone system that is flawless - an easy user experience for remote meetings with internal staff and clients. Our clients expect we will lead in this area.

Online Business Systems2019-06-19
  10. "Six great years and counting!"

Current Employee - Business Team

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People here are team players - I am very fortunate to work on a team that truly feels like family. We celebrate each others successes and we support each other whenever we run into challenges. Career Mentor (CM) Program - This program has been extremely valuable to my growth and development, both personally and professionally. I am grateful to not only have an amazing CM, but also for the informal mentorship that... I receive from other Onliners. We have so many intelligent and fascinating people who work here and you can learn a lot by starting up a conversation. Social Events - Its great to get to know your coworkers outside of work - I really enjoy attending our golf tournament, holiday party, team meetings and summer BBQ's. Challenging and Rewarding work - I get to focus on work that I find rewarding, which means a lot to me. I have a boss who encourages me to step out of my comfort zone and supports me along the way. Thank you Online for a great 6 years, looking forward to many more!

Cons

Last time I wrote a review, I was hoping we would introduce a retirement plan, and we now have one. Nothing else to mention!

Advice to Management

As we grow, lets ensure that our culture remains in tact. It is truly what sets us apart from other workplaces.

Online Business Systems2019-06-04