Online Business Systems Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.7
Online Business Systems President and Chief Executive Officer Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Charles (Chuck) Loewen
Pros
  • "Great Professional Development program and Career Mentor program to drive your career forward(in 38 reviews)

• "They are doing everything possible to ensure Onliners are taken are of(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Online is a consulting firm and as such you may not always work with fellow Onliners or have an assignment that exactly matches your career path(in 9 reviews)

• "Parking can get expensive, but only 3 blocks from major bus routes and many consultants work at the client site(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"It's all about the culture"

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many companies say that people are their most important resource, but Online lives it. I have never worked at a company that invests so heavily in ensuring that have great people that love what they are doing and are fully engaged. It translates to a collaborative work environment where people are in it for each other and clients that love working with Online.

Cons

Don't show up if you're not willing to check your ego at the door.

September 28, 2020Chief People Officer

We loved this review because you talked about all the things that we so firmly believe in and know differentiate us from others. Everybody says it, but sometimes I think you have to work here or work with some of our team members to really appreciate this to be true. Insofar as your con, no truer words have ever been spoken. We all feel that way and know that when egos are not allowed, it makes for a much happier and more collaborative environment. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

2. "Love Working with this Team!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people who work here are smart, collaborative and innovative. Online hires people who are a great cultural fit and really live the core values. The leadership team has created an environment that supports growth and learning and development. They really care about their team members. The Career Mentor program pairs everyone up with a Mentor who works closely with their members and advocates for their ongoing growth and development. While this past year was a tough year for so many, I really feel like Online had our backs and cared about our well being. Online continues to grow and there appears to be lots of opportunity for great work.

Cons

Can't think of any,. Feel fortunate tp be part of the Online family.

3. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company really cares about the "Onliners" that work here. Awesome company culture. Everyone supports one another and shares their wisdom. Great I&D and Charity Initiative. Wonderful recognition programs and Professional Development, dollars and time! Excellent Leadership, fair and transparent.

Cons

I have been here for 5 years and can't think of one con!

Continue reading
  4. "Employee friendly and customer focused."

4.0
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Online is a great company to work for. They care about employees and customers. The culture is good and people are easy to work with. The business is stable and well managed.

Cons

Career growth can be tough after a certain point. The company is stable but conservative and growth is slow. Management is pretty flat and dominated by long-time employees though getting to senior levels of consultancy is not difficult and is merit based. There is definitely bias to being at corporate in Winnipeg among senior leadership.

Continue reading
  5. "Overall, a great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reasonable benefits that have been getting better over the years, and an awesome Professional Development program. I haven't experienced any "political" or cultural toxicity during my time here that seems to plague other companies, the overall culture here is great.

Cons

Most of the client-business relationship team (or business developers, or whatever they are called these days) seems to put 99% of their effort into the client part of the relationship, and seem to put minimal effort in maintaining any kind of relationship with their "resources", i.e. the consultants working their contract. I have only had one that put reasonable effort in keeping regular contact with us consultants and actually organizing get-togethers which greatly helped maintain the team's mood and morale. For some, there may be a considerable barrier to advancing your career competency level. This involves a great effort in contributing to the social culture of the company. For example, it may not be enough that you are highly skilled in your area of expertise and that you have great consulting skills; you must also be able to regularly contribute effort and content directly into the company's internal and external social groups, and maintain your internal networks and relationships with other employees. This is great for many people, but there may be many others where this could be a hinderance to be successful in your career here.

April 28, 2021Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to provide this thoughtful feedback. I’m glad your overall experience at Online is a positive one and that you specifically called out the PD program and the culture. When it comes to the relationship between our Enterprise Sales Team and our consultants, we do sometimes struggle to find that balance of time with clients vs. time with our team members. While their priority is our clients, we also know that our consultants are keep in keeping our clients happy. We will share this feedback with our VP of Sales and discuss how we can better address your concerns. As for contributing to the social culture of the company, we do believe it’s important for our team members to be involved and contribute where they can, when they can. It’s really more about ensuring that Onliners have opportunities to connect with each other outside their geographies and practices and increasing their visibility within the company and each other. While we encourage it, we do not require it. I’d love to talk to you further about this, so please feel free to reach out to me any time. Thanks again for your feedback!

6. "Awesome culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Victoria, BC

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work for, culture is the best I’ve ever experienced in my 30+ year career.

Cons

None really, my role is virtual which could be a con to some but I love it.

Continue reading
  7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time

Pros

Cool company, progressive, perfect work/life balance.

Cons

Medium size company, would be great if it grows bigger some more

Continue reading
  8. "great creative space"

Current Employee - Gaggle Safety Representative in Meru

I have been working at Online Business Systems part-time

Pros

flexible hours pays well friendly to everyone

Cons

too many people team dependent long working hours

April 26, 2021Senior Manager, Internal Communications and Development

You've left this review for the wrong company. We don't employ "Gaggle Safety Representatives" in Meru or anywhere else. We are a Digital Transformation and CyberSecurity consulting organization.

9. "Best IT Company in Winnipeg"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Just started here. Will add more in a few months. So far, exceeds my expectations. You get a really positive vibe from everyone, very helpful and intelligent co-workers. Right of the bat you get a Career Mentor to guide and grow you. I mean I want nothing more. You just don't work here, but you also grow here.

Cons

There are no cons here.

April 28, 2021Chief People Officer

We love hearing from our new Onliners! I’m so glad your expectations are being exceeded. You’re right – we have amazing co-workers. And our Career Mentor program is typically one of our most appreciated benefits. Your Career Mentor will be instrumental in your growth at Online. This program works best when both parties are vested and many times our Career Mentors tell us they learn just as much from their team members. Thanks for the feedback!

10. "Best so far"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Online Business Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is so open minded and they do care about the employees. Employees as well look out for each other.

Cons

None so far. This company really does its best to stay one of the best.

April 28, 2021Chief People Officer

It’s great to hear that your experience at Online is such a positive one! We do have the best people who genuinely care about each other. I hope you continue to enjoy your career at Online for many more years. Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 171 Reviews