OpenMarket Employee Reviews about "parent company"

Updated Sep 30, 2020

Found 14 of over 141 reviews

4.2
OpenMarket CEO Silvio Kutic
Silvio Kutic
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is really good, self-motivating work environment(in 26 reviews)

• "OpenMarket is a great place to work(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Continue to work with parent company to optimize processes (this is getting better)(in 14 reviews)

• "Senior management push out a completely new initiative every few months without completing the initial one(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

227 Comments

Tech

82.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OpenMarket~315265
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "parent company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall, a great environment to work in

May 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly & welcoming culture - Approachable SLT - Fair salary - Great benefits package - Good career prospects

Cons

- The hours can be long (9 hour days are the standard requirement) - The commute can be an issue (London office) as the office is not central and the train lines servicing the station aren't the most reliable - IT & systems onboarding is painful because of the crossover with Amdocs (parent company) & OpenMarket systems. There isn't really a clear process to follow, and everybody seems to have issues for the first few weeks at least. This is more of a reflection on Amdocs than OpenMarket though - There isn't an official flexible working policy (and the IT issues make this more challenging too)

CEO

Thank you for your review. You’re obviously someone with a balanced perspective who knows there are pros and cons to everyone’s work situation. Overall though, it sounds like you’re quite pleased with the major aspects of your role - senior leadership, career prospects, our friendly culture. Those are the big things that I care deeply about myself. That being said, I’ve noted your comments regarding flexible work hours and issues with IT and onboarding and I plan to take them up with the relevant people. Thank you for bringing these issues to light and allowing us the valuable opportunity to continue to learn and grow along with our employees. As you continue to have insights, be all means tell me about them! Email me at jonathan.morgan@openmarket.com whenever you want to set up a time to connect.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work as a developer

Dec 4, 2014 - Software Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Technologically very interesting Good colleagues, talented Reasonable management, very techy

Cons

Parent company is very bureaucratic - mostly shielded from that Some of the best people have left over time

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Amazing People!

Sep 30, 2020 - Talent Acquisition in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Employees are empowered to make a difference. - Phenomenal people. - Company truly cares about their team members.

Cons

- Continue to work with parent company to optimize processes (this is getting better).

Employee Experience Specialist

It is great to hear about OpenMarket’s phenomenal people, we agree! Employee experience and engagement are very important to us and we will continue to focus on that. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience and feedback and welcome additional insights at careers@openmarket.com.

4. 5.0

People are valued at OpenMarket

Sep 30, 2020 - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for advancement Emotionally intelligent leadership Global team Work-life balance Good benefits

Cons

Tools/ Systems provided by the parent company are more hindrance than helpful

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your positive insight and happy to hear your experience is positive overall. We are always looking for ways to improve and can not do that without your feedback. If you have additional thoughts, please contact us at careers@openmarket.com.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A growing and evolving company with some ruffles to smooth, but a great place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dedicated and passionate coworkers -- most people are smart, driven, and focused on getting good products out the door Upper management mostly understands how to support a rapidly growing infrastructure and team or are very willing to learn Very flexible work setup, even prior to 2020/COVID-19 concerns. They do right by their employees as much as they can.

Cons

Some pockets of inefficient management depending on the group or team can be very frustrating to work with Product management engagement is getting better, but still needs work Coaching is inconsistent and dependent on the manager so difficult colleagues can remain difficult to work with The parent company periodically poses issues with getting resources allocated or processes

2 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that employees are valued and given the support they need and it is great to hear your experience has been positive overall. We are always looking for opportunities to collaborate and grow. In order for us to improve, we need honest feedback like what you have mentioned. We appreciate your time and invite you to share additional thoughts via careers@openmarket.com.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people!

Sep 3, 2020 - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy the people that I work with, we're doing impactful work and the company is going through some great transformations to prepare for new products and growth.

Cons

Some restraints imposed on OpenMarket by parent company Amdocs, which sometimes result in longer approval processes for technical integrations and budgets, but it appears that this is improving.

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and insights. We are proud of the work that we have been accomplishing with our team members at OpenMarket and are excited to hear that you are having a positive experience. Your feedback is valuable and I welcome the opportunity to learn more about your thoughts.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good work life balance!

Sep 28, 2019 - Lead Software Development Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary, good work life balance, good culture

Cons

Dealing with parent company is annoying at times. Would like stock options and better bonus structure.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best work experience of my career

Jun 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with OpenMarket for more than five years, and can say without hesitation that it has been the most rewarding professional experience of my life. At OpenMarket I’ve been able to take ownership of company-wide projects and processes, hire and grow a global team, and generally be creative in a way I’d never be able to at bigger organization. But the best thing about OpenMarket by far is the people – they’re genuine, passionate about technology, supportive and honestly, just fun and funny. I actually look forward to going to meetings at OpenMarket because I always end up having real, spirited conversation, and laughing a lot – even with the CEO! – and I can’t say that’s ever been the case for me before. Another major perk of OpenMarket is it’s size -it’s big enough that we have good resources, like awesome benefits and ability to travel, but small enough that you can still make a major, visible impact with minimal red tape. The last major aspect of OpenMarket I can’t go without mentioning is our efforts to bolster diversity and inclusion. We have made huge strides bringing more women into the organization, especially in the tech space. Though there is definitely still room to grow from a diversity and inclusion perspective, as a woman I can say I personally feel the efforts around inclusivity paying off on a daily basis.

Cons

There are some downsides to OpenMarket of course, like a big parent company that is incredibly resistant to change and has cumbersome systems and processes that don't always sync with common sense.

9 people found this review helpful

OpenMarket Response

I was delighted to read this. Every company comes with its own set of challenges – but through listening and action we can help OpenMarket, and its staff, reach their true potential. Jonathan Morgan, CEO, OpenMarket

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Rudderless and Struggling Company

Jun 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Competitive salary 2. Smart middle management 3. Comfortable low stress office environment 4. Global presence 5. Great benefits.

Cons

1. Leadership doesn’t listen to middle management’s ideas. This is unfortunate especially if middle mgmt are smarter than the leaders. If you disagree with leaders you will be tagged as an employee causing friction. 2. Each month many people were quitting, getting fired or just existing being dissatisfied and complacent with their jobs. 3. Ineffective communication among global matrix organization. 4. Onboarding was the worst experience I’ve ever had. Most technical problems had to go through a parent company troubleshooting ticket which was extremely cumbersome. Methods and technical tools across regional offices are not in sync. 5. No clear product, service, value proposition, or direction of purpose

20 people found this review helpful

OpenMarket Response

I agree that that there are some fantastic benefits to working at OpenMarket. We are responding to a changing market with an exciting new proposition and a clear strategy that our whole global team is working hard to deliver. The leadership team and I remain committed to ensuring that everyone has an open forum to discuss, debate and offer feedback every day. Jonathan Morgan, CEO, OpenMarket

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket takes care of all employees and makes sure everyone is happy with their job and feels valued. The company provides good work-life balance allowing flexible work schedules when needed.

Cons

As a division of Amdocs, it can sometimes feel like we are not part of our parent company.

4 people found this review helpful