OpenMarket Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 32 of over 142 reviews

4.2
OpenMarket CEO Silvio Kutic
Silvio Kutic
Pros
  • "OpenMarket is a people oriented company(in 33 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is not just a cliche, it's truly great with OM(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Continue to work with parent company to optimize processes (this is getting better)(in 15 reviews)

• "They acknowledge their mistakes, but there still hasn't been any fundamental change to how they communicate and interact with the OpenMarket people(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OpenMarket~315265
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Progressively led company

Jun 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Progressive leadership style - Excellent work/life balance - Above average level of investment in employees' personal and career development - Attention to encouraging employee diversity - Friendly, collegial environment

Cons

- Size of the organization means that career progression not always possible within the org.

2. 5.0

Great software company

Jun 27, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket is a money spinner for its parent company, Amdocs. It's consistently profitable, and as such is given a lot of autonomy. Combined with a strong CEO who has a good handle on national operations and international integration, it makes OpenMarket's London office a great place to work, and strikes a superb balance between using fresh technology and running reliable customer-facing services. The culture is laid-back but very productive, thanks to a sensible system of integration between the technical and account teams, and a shallow technical reporting structure with lots of opportunities to feed back to your line manager. It has a great technical culture and is flexible with employees trying to strike a good work/life balance.

Cons

The management likes to look before it leaps, so it can be a little slow to take opportunities, and rarely tries to create business proactively. I also felt I was a little underpaid, and it was hard to communicate that effectively.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Dec 8, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great - smart, fun, team-oriented - this is the #1 thing I hear everyone say about OpenMarket. Good work/life balance - you are not driven into the ground by unrealistic expectations or an attitude that assumes you have to use your personal time to write software properly. Flat org/great autonomy - the platform uses SOA and Dev is organized around "service teams" that maintain high degrees of autonomy. Removes a lot of overhead/logistics and avoids micro-management.

Cons

Is owned by a larger company (Amdocs) that is not as nimble and has some processes that carry through into OpenMarket (e.g., travel processes) - fortunately this has little impact on day-to-day work.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It was a great place to work but hasn't been the same since the buyout

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket has(/had) an amazing group of smart and talented people. The org charge was very compressed with very little "middle management" layer. You could talk directly to the president and get straight answers if you wanted them. The company's overall communication _was_ great. I felt like I knew what our direction was, how our financials were looking, what our competitors were doing, and how we were planning on changing to meet new challenges. Benefits are above average, pay is good, and the work/life balance is fair.

Cons

The new parent company broke trust by promising that everyone would have a place at the combined company, and then laying-off part of the engineering staff. That was followed by several other communication and policy blunders that caused many very talented people to leave. Infobip seems to realize they have a retention problem. They acknowledge their mistakes, but there still hasn't been any fundamental change to how they communicate and interact with the OpenMarket people. The C-suite keeps talking about how we are going to be integrated into a single company, but that vision doesn't seem to trickling down to the individual departments. It is now a year after the buyout and my department still has no idea what our roll will be and still doesn't have any regular communication with our counterparts at Infobip. Instead we get a constant stream of last minute demands for integration work in order to move all of OpenMarket's customers over to Infobip's systems. Despite their (already broken) promises of a merged company where everyone has a job, it still feels like we are being sucked dry and will then be discarded. The amount of OpenMarket people leaving and walking away from retention and end of year bonuses is crazy. In response, there have been several new perks announced, including some additional vacation time, and other improvements in benefits. There still hasn't been any change to how Infobip is handling the cultural, communication, and trust issues though.

5. 4.0

Good for work

Jun 29, 2021 - Software Support Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for work an work life balance

Cons

Salary hike is not upto the market rates.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Reputable employer who values its employees above all

Jun 3, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is not just a cliche, it's truly great with OM. Jonathan (CEO) is kind, inspirational, level-headed and 'gets it.' Most colleagues and execs were wonderful to work with! Salary, benefits and time-off policies were generous. OpenMarket is a well-established, reputable player in the aggregation space with solid infrastructure, respectable clients, and an eye toward the future.

Cons

The work-life balance scale tips toward life a little too heavily in some regards, with a lack of urgency and accountability in the name of valuing people. Speed-to-market has been too slow to meet industry standards and client demands for new product offerings. Acquisition of products and platforms was definitely needed, and hopefully resolved with Infobip!

7. 5.0

Fantastic

Mar 23, 2021 - Engineering
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, benefits, tons to do, work life balance

Cons

I am not really sure of any

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insights. We value our team members and are happy to hear that you enjoying your overall experience working here. Please reach out to careers@openmarket.com if you'd like to provide further feedback.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An amazing place to work

Dec 10, 2020 - Software Developer in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has smart and talented people, good opportunities for growth, and learning new technologies. Work-life balance is really good, self-motivating work environment.

Cons

I can't think of any downside so far.

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave an excellent review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members. As part of our core values, we value people; with that, we're always looking for ways to ensure our OMies have access to growth and development opportunities. If you would like to offer additional feedback, please email us at careers@openmarket.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

People are valued at OpenMarket

Sep 30, 2020 - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for advancement Emotionally intelligent leadership Global team Work-life balance Good benefits

Cons

Tools/ Systems provided by the parent company are more hindrance than helpful

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate your positive insight and happy to hear your experience is positive overall. We are always looking for ways to improve and can not do that without your feedback. If you have additional thoughts, please contact us at careers@openmarket.com.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Employees are truly trusted, and that makes a difference in so many ways

Feb 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of trust from the senior leaders translates to healthy work-life balance, lack of micro-managing, empowerment to innovate and (gasp) make mistakes that help you and the business grow, and to enjoy your work and colleagues in a (very sleek new) office environment free from toxic politics. A breathe of fresh air compared with many corporate cultures.

Cons

As with many tech companies, diversity and inclusion is a work in progress. However, the leaders have genuine goals to ensure that diverse voices are at the table across the company and are making measurable progress.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews