Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Reviews

Updated Jan 19, 2022

Found 37 of over 40 reviews

4.2
Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Founder & Proprietor Russell Ambrose (no image)
Russell Ambrose
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very Happy working for a great company.

Jan 13, 2022 - Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people working and supporting each other. Incredible support managers that go above and beyond on a daily basis to make sure everyone is looked after from staff to patients.

Cons

Finding reliable staff to join the team is always challenging.

1 person found this review helpful

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for reviewing Optimax. We are glad to see that you enjoy working with your colleagues, we pride ourselves on a friendly and professional working environment for everyone. We always try and make sure that we employ reliable staff but sometimes there are factors that are out of our control. We look forward to continue to work with you and your team in London.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company

Jan 12, 2022 - Senior Scrub Nurse in Leicester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, very professional and great teams

Cons

Sometime can be very busy

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for reviewing Optimax. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy working with a fantastic team, we are proud of our people and the care they provide to our patients. Thank you for your continued support in caring for our patients even during the busy times. Your hard work and dedication to Optimax is appreciated.

3. 4.0

Excellent company

Jan 19, 2022 - RGN in Peterborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work is varied and brings you to travel around UK. The staff is supporting and encouraging. Also, we work as a team.

Cons

Sometimes, days can be long.

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for your review. We will always support our staff and encourage them to achieve their full potential. When your travelling around the UK the days can be longer than a normal day but we really appreciate the effort you put in to support other clinics when they need it and we are always working hard to make sure we have the right staff in the clinic, there are sometimes factors that are out of our control. Thank you for your commitment to Optimax and we look forward to working with you in the future.

4. 5.0

Such a supportive workplace

Dec 6, 2021 - Clinic Manager in Reading, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined Optimax in May 2021, I never believed I would be where I am now at Christmas. The support I received from the day I started is unbelievable, I was receiving training from the very start and now I am the clinic manager for the Reading Branch. Now I am in such a responsible position within the company, I have so many people I can turn to for help and advice. I never feel like I am alone

Cons

I cannot fault the company

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

It's great to see how you have progressed within Optimax in such a short space of time. We will always continue to support all our staff and internal progression and development is important to us. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Progressed from Patient advisor to clinic manager

Dec 3, 2021 - Manager in Maidstone, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great potential for internal promotion Quarterly bonus Hours worked over normal hours given back in TIL Great travel opportunities Good work ethic

Cons

I don’t have any at this point.

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Internal promotion and development is important to us and we will always make sure our staff are given back any time that is owed to them. We're so pleased you enjoy your work. Thank you for your commitment to Optimax.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

All round great place to work!

Dec 3, 2021 - Receptionist in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the most amazing staff within clinics and within the background. Always giving 100% from every angle for patients making sure they get the best treatments care and services. Staff are all connected with support from managers who are always available and listening. Flexible and always tend to staff needs where possible. All round great place to work!.

Cons

Training is either within your base clinics sometimes travel is needed to another .. not a big downfall as you get to meet the other staff in person that you speak to each day! But can be a long day if your traveling far. .

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for your positive feedback.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Dec 3, 2021 - Manager in Birmingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patient and employee focused company who genuinely cares. I have always felt supported in my role . Hard work is acknowledged and rewarded.

Cons

Occasional long days, but you do get the time back.

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

We really appreciate the extra time you and your team put in on the longer treatment days, it definitely does not go unnoticed. Thank you for your continued commitment to Optimax.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to work for

Dec 3, 2021 - Clinic Manager in Peterborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Very approachable, experienced and supportive senior management team • Career progression opportunities, the company really values its staff members, has appreciation for hard work and recognises it • Very patient focus, providing amazing aftercare for patients • Excellent bonus structure •Opportunities to travel to different clinics and meet new people •Great work atmosphere

Cons

I can't think of any!

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for your feedback, all our staffs efforts are noticed and rewarded. We are pleased to have you as part of the Optimax family.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Having lasered my eyes, I was so impressed with their quality and kudos that I was then overjoyed to work for them.

Nov 22, 2021 - Scrub Nurse in Milton Keynes, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Approachable, caring and supportive senior management team as well as line management, Good overtime opportunities and pay rates, A health benefits scheme, Friends & family discount for treatment.

Cons

Can honestly not state any.

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

We value our staff as much as our patients. Thank you for sharing your treatment and career journey with us. We look forward to continuing to work alongside you.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 19, 2021 - Clinic Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers great patient care. Excellent policies in place. Lots of employee benefits such as health insurance, yearly salary reviews, time in lieu and a good bonus structure. The opportunity to travel to other clinics. Good support from management team

Cons

Poor HR department, no management training

Optimax Laser Eye Surgery Specialists Response

Thank you for your honest review, we value all feedback. We try our best to offer employees as many benefits as possible to reward them for their hard work. If you have any specific concerns please speak to your line manger who would be happy to discuss them with you. Our Training officer is always open to new training ideas and ways to improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews