Found 16 of over 16 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are amazing" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.023 Nov 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Smart team, everyone works hard and has fun. We are all oulling in the same direction
Jam-packed days which I think is similar in a lot of start-ups!
- 5.019 Jan 2023Senior Front End EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Their mission is massive: revolutionising the property market which is the world's most valuable market. So special compared to many startups that are just doing "cool gimmicks" - So many growth opportunities, working on meaningful projects, and you can dive into any part of the stack that interests you. Learning is highly encouraged - People are amazing - Super flexible and chilled. I've never felt pressured to do something - Your opinion truly matters - not only for the tech, but other business operations too - They just got their Series A so you can be sure you won't be laid off :D
- Can't think of anything TBH
- 5.030 Nov 2021Product ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Fresh and upbeat company that tries to follow the best practices for a young tech company. OW is very transparent about its goals and the means to achieve those. I always got a clear answer from my manager or from the founders to any question I've asked, no matter how difficult or inconvenient it was. Unlike many startups in a similar stage, OW got a solid user base and a healthy growth rate. Furthermore, the company has an ambitious product and a strong tech team that can (and should) take it to the next level. The industry in which OW operates is long overdue a shakeup and there is a lot of opportunities for disruption. In the current stage of the company's development each employee can get quite a lot of responsibilities and develop themselves a lot. The people are smart and friendly and quite fun to work with,
It is important to emphasise that this is a startup. The company is growing, developing, testing new products and deprecating old ones. There is no corporate structure that will allow you to stay in your lane without additional responsibilities. Fast pace is the norm, failure is an option and no guarantees of winning are provided. Constant learning is required in order to keep up. the changes can be big and sudden.1
- 5.010 Feb 2022ParalegalCurrent Contractor, less than 1 year
- Opportunity to work fully remotely off-site with option to come into the office whenever you like; - Open and transparent culture; key business updates and performance are discussed in meetings attended by everyone and reports on employee satisfaction, benefits, diversity & inclusion, etc are shared with everyone; - Friendly and supportive team members who are responsive and always willing and ready to help; - Decent competitive remuneration; - Workforce has good ethnic diversity.
- There could be better or better structured opportunities for further training and development; - Gender balance could be slightly improved in certain teams, basically aiming for a 50/50 balance in all teams.1
- 5.013 Aug 2021ParalegalFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The leadership team are engaged and committed to creating a supportive and balanced workplace culture, excellent opportunities for progression and the work that is done is brilliantly innovative. I felt valued, appreciated and challenged and couldn't speak highly enough of the company.
Nothing I can think of, one of the best companies I have ever worked for
- 1.014 Jul 2021Product ManagerFormer Employee
Nice working on a product that users do actually get a lot of value from, and there are a handful of talented people (although some have left or are contractors).
If you’re a woman on the tech side of the business, expect to be faced with sexism, and to be completely unsupported when you raise these issues with leadership. When I started working at OW I got really positive feedback from my manager, colleagues and the founders. After raising issues of sexism from the all male engineering team I worked with, the attitude from my manager completely changed and an opportunity that was promised in several conservations prior was suddenly taken away without a clear explanation as to why. When I quit because of this my manager commented (in relation to why it was for the best that I was leaving) that I have “high standards and strong principles”. Clearly qualities that this business does not value. While working at OW, I had to take 2 weeks off work due to the stress and anxiety becoming so bad that I couldn’t eat, sleep and struggled to breathe properly. On returning to work, I was faced with being micromanaged, given critical feedback and having lots of additional work piled on to me, as my manager thought that was the best time to make lots of process changes that required a lot of work from me to set up. When I told my manager that I needed time off to attend a funeral of a close family member, he couldn’t even be bothered to say “I sorry for your loss”, or check if I was OK the day after. So while the founders may talk about how they care about everyone's mental health and that it is important that we “look out for each other” it is pretty difficult to believe. It is always hard to stand up to these difficult issues in the workplace. It was so much harder at OW as not one person stood up with me.8Orbital Witness Response3y
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We regret that you had a negative experience at the end of your time with Orbital Witness. We encourage and take employee feedback seriously and really appreciate the time you took to discuss the situation with us. We want to foster female talent in all areas of the business and are still learning how to do better as we grow. We'd welcome your thoughts on how to provide a more positive working environment for everyone - please feel free to write to us directly with your suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 5.09 Jul 2021Customer Success ManagerCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Impeccable interview experience 3 stage process with Customer success task. Transparent with Company goals and how you will fit into achieving them Friendly work environment
No cons as of yet
- 5.024 Nov 2020Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Opportunities to learn and work with the latest exciting tech! Friendly work environment where I feel comfortable asking for help, collaborating with others, and sharing my ideas. This is a team where you can make a difference and have your voice heard on all facets of the company's product and direction. Additionally, our monthly customer monthly reviews provide vision on the impact of your contributions which is massively rewarding :)
Startups tend to lack discipline and structure in the early stages, however, this provides you with an opportunity to put forward ideas and contribute to the culture unlike a larger company where everything is already established.1
- 5.029 Apr 2020Customer Success ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Taking a job at such an early stage startup was a risk, but I'm so glad I took it. Not only have I watched the company grow, but I've learnt an insane amount. My career and professional development has no doubt accelerated as a result. The founders are super engaged and very supportive of everyone taking responsibility for their own work and career development. The team is a good mix of people, meaning you can hear different perspectives and learn about all aspects of the business. Information and decision making processes are very transparent and done as a team. It's a pleasure to work for a company where everyone is motivated by the same goal and the customers love the product. Working hours are fine and there's flexibility to work from home. Due to lockdown I'm missing the snack table and having a real life beer with everyone, but I love how quickly we adapted by continuing with our weekly demos and the addition of quizzes/games.
As a startup this is not the place for people who like micromanagement and pre-determined career paths. Be prepared to take ownership for your work. We need more gin during Friday demos.
Orbital Witness Reviews FAQs
Orbital Witness has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 16 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Orbital Witness to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
93% of Orbital Witness employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orbital Witness 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.