Orbital Witness Reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 12 of over 12 reviews

4.6
Orbital Witness Co-Founders Ed Boulle and Will Pearce (no image)
Ed Boulle and Will Pearce
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A solid startup that solves problems for an archaic industry

Nov 30, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fresh and upbeat company that tries to follow the best practices for a young tech company. OW is very transparent about its goals and the means to achieve those. I always got a clear answer from my manager or from the founders to any question I've asked, no matter how difficult or inconvenient it was. Unlike many startups in a similar stage, OW got a solid user base and a healthy growth rate. Furthermore, the company has an ambitious product and a strong tech team that can (and should) take it to the next level. The industry in which OW operates is long overdue a shakeup and there is a lot of opportunities for disruption. In the current stage of the company's development each employee can get quite a lot of responsibilities and develop themselves a lot. The people are smart and friendly and quite fun to work with,

Cons

It is important to emphasise that this is a startup. The company is growing, developing, testing new products and deprecating old ones. There is no corporate structure that will allow you to stay in your lane without additional responsibilities. Fast pace is the norm, failure is an option and no guarantees of winning are provided. Constant learning is required in order to keep up. the changes can be big and sudden.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive culture, colleagues, excellent opportunities and a truly innovative company

Aug 13, 2021 - Paralegal
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team are engaged and committed to creating a supportive and balanced workplace culture, excellent opportunities for progression and the work that is done is brilliantly innovative. I felt valued, appreciated and challenged and couldn't speak highly enough of the company.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, one of the best companies I have ever worked for

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best culture and amazing opportunities

Jul 23, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, support, opportunity to work with a rare market

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Transparent Company

Jul 9, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Impeccable interview experience 3 stage process with Customer success task. Transparent with Company goals and how you will fit into achieving them Friendly work environment

Cons

No cons as of yet

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not For Women

Jul 14, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice working on a product that users do actually get a lot of value from, and there are a handful of talented people (although some have left or are contractors).

Cons

If you’re a woman on the tech side of the business, expect to be faced with sexism, and to be completely unsupported when you raise these issues with leadership. When I started working at OW I got really positive feedback from my manager, colleagues and the founders. After raising issues of sexism from the all male engineering team I worked with, the attitude from my manager completely changed and an opportunity that was promised in several conservations prior was suddenly taken away without a clear explanation as to why. When I quit because of this my manager commented (in relation to why it was for the best that I was leaving) that I have “high standards and strong principles”. Clearly qualities that this business does not value. While working at OW, I had to take 2 weeks off work due to the stress and anxiety becoming so bad that I couldn’t eat, sleep and struggled to breathe properly. On returning to work, I was faced with being micromanaged, given critical feedback and having lots of additional work piled on to me, as my manager thought that was the best time to make lots of process changes that required a lot of work from me to set up. When I told my manager that I needed time off to attend a funeral of a close family member, he couldn’t even be bothered to say “I sorry for your loss”, or check if I was OK the day after. So while the founders may talk about how they care about everyone's mental health and that it is important that we “look out for each other” it is pretty difficult to believe. It is always hard to stand up to these difficult issues in the workplace. It was so much harder at OW as not one person stood up with me.

1 person found this review helpful

Orbital Witness Response

Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We regret that you had a negative experience at the end of your time with Orbital Witness. We encourage and take employee feedback seriously and really appreciate the time you took to discuss the situation with us. We want to foster female talent in all areas of the business and are still learning how to do better as we grow. We'd welcome your thoughts on how to provide a more positive working environment for everyone - please feel free to write to us directly with your suggestions (founders@orbitalwitness.com).

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ambitious, exciting and growing company!

Feb 22, 2021 - Office Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team's ambition, energy and vision makes it such an interesting place to work. The culture of transparency, encouraging autonomous work and aiming high is refreshing and encourages me to challenge my own thinking and way of working. This isn't just a place to work, it's a place to learn and grow alongside some great individuals.

Cons

Prepare to wear many hats! Everyone pitches in as the company grows which is great for personal development, but may not be for everyone.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative products with enormous potential

Feb 12, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The place is full of new challenges, every day; you'll learn and grow constantly. - An opportunity to share your ideas and make the company and products better. - People are fun, supportive, and friendly. - Totally innovative company whose value can go 1000x up in a couple of years.

Cons

- nothing gets on my mind

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The company and people you want to work with

Feb 12, 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and company culture/environment. Founders are real people and very supportive to all employees - makes you want to come in (or log on) everyday. Lots of development and growth opportunities alongside a great support system - exactly what you need from a workplace. Loved my time at Orbital Witness, learned so much in such a short period of time. I unfortunately had to leave due to personal reasons and all management was super supportive and understanding and helped me out immensely during very difficult times for me. Really great company to be a part of. The work is interesting and product absolutely brilliant, the future seems very bright for Orbital Witness.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Very fast-paced environment, something you expect from a growing start-up, may not be for everyone.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting workplace full of rewarding challenges and opportunities to grow

Nov 24, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to learn and work with the latest exciting tech! Friendly work environment where I feel comfortable asking for help, collaborating with others, and sharing my ideas. This is a team where you can make a difference and have your voice heard on all facets of the company's product and direction. Additionally, our monthly customer monthly reviews provide vision on the impact of your contributions which is massively rewarding :)

Cons

Startups tend to lack discipline and structure in the early stages, however, this provides you with an opportunity to put forward ideas and contribute to the culture unlike a larger company where everything is already established.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Exciting and interesting placed to work

Oct 22, 2020 - Softweare Developer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orbital Witness is a great place to work. It's an exciting space to be in, with massive potential for growth, a great bunch of people with which to work.

Cons

It's an early-stage startup, with all the fun and chaos that is to one would expect. It's not for everyone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews