Orion Electrotech Reviews

Updated 3 Jan 2020

4.3
Orion Electrotech Director Chris Benham
Chris Benham
  1. "The Best Recruitment Company I've Seen!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not expected to work 24/7, early finish on a Friday, excellent commission, good team ethos and ability to set your own direction.

Cons

No Cons that you wouldn't get in any other recruitment consultancy.

"Training Programme Second-To-None"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the staff have been extremely welcoming and actually want to help you integrate into the business. I didn't come from a recuiting background, and have found their training programme to be so beneficial as I have been given really good foundations to get started in my new role.

Cons

The journey is a bit further for me than I initially expected, but I finish earlier that I used to at my previous job and an early finish on Friday definitely makes up for that!

3. "A lot of lies"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

People were nice The trainer was very good

Cons

Expect you to work 24/7

Orion Electrotech Response

September 3, 2019Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comment, whilst we always hope to see positive reviews from both our current and previous employees, we obviously take any negative reviews seriously. If you would like to discuss any this in more detail, please feel free to contact the management team as we will be happy to take a more detailed account of your experience to help us improve as a business.

"Fantastic training, welcoming company and great introduction into recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Lower Earley, England

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Came into recruitment with no real sales, Orion took a chance on me and with great training helped my grow professionally and personally -Friendly, approachable management team -Good benefits including 3 pm finish Friday, smart casual dress, lunchclubs, holidays etc. -Flexible hours for small chores (e.g. MOT, doctors, other appointments) -Great training and always looking to help you improve professionally

Cons

- Offices are a tad outdated

Continue reading
  5. "I have no experience with this company yet"

4.0

I worked at Orion Electrotech

Pros

To improve my career in one of the best company

Cons

I want to improve my experience on the electronic system

"A great place to learn, grow and earn money..."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Lower Earley, England

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Orion have a very friendly and welcoming team, offering excellent training. It is a perfect environment for trainee recruiters to flourish and develops career within recruitment. Specialists in Engineering and there is a reason for that. The Directors themselves are qualified Engineers and always able to lend an ear to educate staff on the technical lingo, you won't have a clue about before starting. I wish them all the best in their future success. Russ

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, great set up and location.

Continue reading
  7. "Slow way to make money in recruitment with jobs at low salaries, low fees and no process."

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are very friendly and make you feel welcome. Especially the internal team. The working hours are good for a typical role in recruitment.

Cons

You get given dead end jobs to work which the account managers don’t want. For example a job which has been released 2 months ago to them and wasn’t able to find anyway. You get told to look back on the job boards 6months back and willing to relocate, it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack! And some of these salaries would be around £25k with a low fee of 15%. Certain managers spend a majority of their day scrolling through LinkedIn posts whilst you work their jobs so it’s not a very motivated environment. I definitely would not recommend this company if you want to be successful in recruitment.

Orion Electrotech Response

January 8, 2019Social Media Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We take all feedback we receive seriously so are very disappointed that you had negative comments from your time at Orion. As a business, we have always worked hard to try and provide a supportive and motivated work environment to develop individual skills and make people as successful in recruitment as we possibly can. The majority of people we have employed have limited or no recruitment experience and we have seen many success stories through our training and development programme. Also, our staff retention and ranking in the Sunday Times Best Companies Awards we believe is a measure of this input and effort. Clearly though, in your case we have not met expectations and I would like to know more about a couple of the points made so I can look into them further to help us keep improving our business. Please can you email me directly so I can look into this matter further. paul.ridley@orion-group.co.uk

"Employment Review - Recruitment Consultant"

4.0

I worked at Orion Electrotech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Orion, it's one of the most positive & supportive environments that I've experienced. Everyone is pulling in the same direction and each person within the business genuinely wants you to succeed. It's not always the case in a 'sales' role but everyone in the office is pleased when someone else is doing well - it's incredibly positive. Middle Management / Senior Leadership believe in the message that they are delivering, it's evident when you see them with their team. One thing that I was particularly pleased with was that all of the Senior Team were sat on the sales floor with the rest of the employees, there was no segregated offices which just added to how approachable they all were. *3.00pm Friday finish *excellent additional incentives

Cons

Selfishly...the 8.00am start - but that's only because I like to train in the mornings and the gym doesn't open until 6.30am! The 3.00pm finish on a Friday makes up for this!

"Join US!!!"

Current Employee - Divisional Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The passion Orion employees have is unprecedented, it's one of the many things which set us apart. I have had the opportunity to establish a successful career with Orion in which the Directors have guided and supported me throughout. The growth path we are on is extremely exciting and I look forward to my future with Orion.

Cons

I can't fault the business or the people that make it. A fantastic place to work.

"Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Internal Recruitment and Training Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Orion Electrotech full-time for more than a year

Pros

From my first interview I knew that Orion was the company for me -Chris Benham and Paul Ridley who met with me were warm and sincere answering all of my questions openly and honestly and I felt it was the right place to take my career to the next stage - the last twelve months have been great with recognition and awards, great times out with the team and best of all, I get to come into the office everyday and my colleagues are hardworking, dedicated and fun!

Cons

Orion has it all - there is nothing that I would change

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 English Reviews