Orlo Reviews

Ben Nimmo
  1. "The place to be!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo full-time

Pros

Friendly colleagues Real sense of team cohesiveness Company goals that align with my own Great office (with it's own beer garden)

Cons

That I didn't join sooner!

Continue reading

"Exciting, fast moving SAAS company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No two days at Orlo are the same, it's exciting and fulfilling and there's a great atmosphere of we're all in this together. There's lots of collaboration across teams and many opportunities to interact with prospects and clients.

Cons

Salaries could be more competitive.

3. COVID-19

"Amazing culture and a company really putting it's stamp on the SaaS industry"

Current Employee - Customer Marketing and Events Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo full-time

Pros

Orlo has undergone some considerable changes over the past 12 months with a strong new leadership team in place. The people-culture at Orlo is fantastic, with every single person on Team Orlo displaying the company values - something which has been demonstrated extensively during the COVID-19 pandemic. The leadership team at Orlo have been supportive and considerate as we all adapt to this new way of working and have had employee happiness and well-being at the forefront of everything throughout. With a great product, fantastic customers and an ambitious plan for the future, I am really looking forward to see what's on the horizon working at Orlo.

Cons

There are really no cons which come to mind when thinking about life at Orlo.

"Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative

I have been working at Orlo full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, super friendly, opportunities to continue learning and development. Love the Orlo culture always activities and events to keep everyone connected.

Cons

Having to commute at peak times however, currently working from home.

"Inclusive, thriving, supportive whilst enabling business to survive!"

Current Employee - Microsoft Alliance Lead in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo full-time

Pros

A growing and disruptive tech business, which has helped hundreds of organisations navigate and survive the current climate. A Tech company able to adapt to remote working so nothing has had to change, giving all of us security and safety, A thriving workforce of all ages, inclusive, diverse and passionate about what we do. Personal Development investment and opportunities to grow. A Start up that has progressed to full and given staff the opportunity to form internal structures and processes leveraging their skills. Colleagues are true friends who will go above and beyond to support and help with any challenges.

Cons

Not being able to be face to face with the team!

"Company culture is very poor"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I worked at Orlo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting company, with some great clients, some great people to work with

Cons

Terrible company culture, like another person commented privilege, gender and background are discriminated against. Management are over-paid, aloof and judgemental.

"Much Improvement needed"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Orlo full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work with great client interactions and perfect city centre location

Cons

Unfortunately, this is a company that needs to work on equality and gender rights. If you would like to voice your opinion the likelihood of being heard is very unlikely. Discrimination and privilege are prevalent on a day to day basis. Also, most employees are normally asked to leave a review to on Glassdoor, so it's not a true account of the company. Management is a disclosed unit and the company has not evolved into being a industry leader.

Orlo Response

July 1, 2020Marketing Director

First, as the Managing Director of Orlo I am genuinely disappointed that an ex employee feels this way about our company. We operate a very flat hierarchy, where open/transparent communication is actively encouraged. Second, I would like to outline the facts for those of you who rely on resources such as Glassdoor for making key decisions about where you would like to work. In terms of gender equality: 46% of the people who work at Orlo are female and 38% of the management team at Orlo are female. In a recent United Nations study that was quoted in the Guardian, the average tech company has just 17% of its workforce as female. In terms of racial equality: 22% of the workforce at Orlo would identify itself as BAME, and 12% of the Leadership team - compared to the industry average of 2% as quoted by the Diversity in Tech website. In terms of leadership as a disclosed unit: We recently undertook an anonymous employee survey at Orlo as we really care how our employees feel about working at Orlo. When asked the question “Do you have confidence in the Orlo Leadership Team” 59% Strongly Agreed and 41% Agreed. When asked the question “‘I’m happy to Work for Orlo” 69% Strongly Agreed and 31% Agreed. Overall our Employee NPS was 55. Do I think our company is perfect, no, do I think we are working very hard to be the best company we can be, yes

"Much room to improve"

1.0

I worked at Orlo full-time for more than a year

Pros

An interesting sector to work in, and hopefully a growing company. Some fantastic clients to work with too.

Cons

Sadly, as with many tech companies, there are struggles with diversity (gender, ethnicity and disability). Leading to an atmosphere where if you fit, you can go far. However, if not, at best your voice will not be heard, at worst it may be actively discouraged. It is discomforting to see diversity pushed from a company and left out of the room - I hope the company is able to change this moving forward.

Orlo Response

June 23, 2020Managing Director

"Great Company to work for & great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is super encouraging & friendly! Everyone seems to want everyone to be successful and everyone is clear on the direction we are travelling which leads to a great work ethic!! Walking into work everyday everyone is smiling, joking and they have big smiles on their faces & time really does fly!

Cons

Working so close to Grand Central means you end up spending lots of money on lunches!

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Orlo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting time to be part of the company's journey, genuinely a great place to work with a fantastic team

Cons

None that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 English Reviews