Oscar Reviews

Found 98 of over 101 reviews

4.4
Oscar Chief Executive Officer Andy Morrell
Andy Morrell
Pros
  • "Commission structure is brilliant(in 9 reviews)

• "Not just from the directors and management team but from the wider team(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Don’t have any cons about Oscar(in 12 reviews)

• "Honestly, you're better off starting your own recruitment company or working for any other agency(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, even better training!

May 16, 2022 - Resource Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training (shoutout Lauren and Frankie!), great commission structure, everyone is super friendly and welcoming. Loads of perks (socials, holidays, meals), endless progression ability!

Cons

Genuinely nothing I can think of... Yet!!!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent starting point in a commercial career

May 3, 2022 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a recent leaver from Oscar, I can safely say that without the experience I gained from there I wouldn't be in my current role. It gave me a great understanding of the business world, especially as I had come from a vocational career previously, and they supported me throughout my new career. It is a great platform to develop different working experiences, such as small team management, which will 100% help in your career further down the line. If you are in it for the money, I know first hand that you can earn very good money quickly and the commission structures are good. If you are coming from a background similar to myself, the money can change your situation very easily and that was always a massive bonus. Aside from that as well, if you do want a good social life then there is a good group of people there who are up for a good laugh too and are always up for a pint!

Cons

It can be a tough role and I think that the initial adjustment can take some getting used to - it isn't going to be for everyone but I think that is recruitment or sales in general rather than just at Oscar.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Plenty of progression, lots of support

Apr 29, 2022 - Lead Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having joined as a consultant I’ve been promoted multiple times & have always felt supported. The business has done a great job of supporting me through tough times in my personal life also.

Cons

I can’t think of any

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely company full of great people and exceptional leaders

Mar 22, 2022 - Lead Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Repost due to error! Due to personal circumstances, I didn't stay at Oscar long but I found it to be a business full of really welcoming, friendly people - shoutout to Kevin and Alice in the US Supportive and inclusive culture - this is not an old boys club, wolf of wall street type recruitment business Some huge billers that are generous with their time - shoutout to Alice again Great commission structure - as good as any I have ever seen GA

Cons

No major cons working here

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you’re looking to work in the London office, don’t.

Apr 28, 2022 - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really genuine, hard working people.

Cons

A toxic, passive-aggressive management, poor work life balance and money hungry. There were even instances of disingenuity and using others hard work to cover up the downfalls of lead consultants, just to keep up their reputation. It was also the norm to stay hours after your contracted hours, and start earlier - you were looked down upon if you did otherwise. So get ready to sign your life away. The incredibly high turnover rate for certain managers speaks volumes, especially for somewhere that claims to have such a great work culture. It is a place that can really affect a person's mental health and I saw it do so to numerous people within weeks of working there, yet ironic that the people causing it were the welfare people for the London office. People who will not be reprimanded or told to change their management style due to conflicts of interest. Notice how all the good reviews are from people that work there but if you look at the reviews from former employees, the majority are negative. I ignored the negative reviews and I wish I didn’t.. Not the place to work at all and couldn't wait to get out of there into an actual healthy workplace.

6. 5.0

Great job

Feb 9, 2022 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

very good commission structure here

Cons

nothing at all i can think of

Oscar Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Glad you are enjoying the job! :)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Assisted Relocation to take on new markets

Jan 12, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fantastic work culture and all the training and tools required to succeed. A genuinely all inclusive approach to clients and skill sets which help success Open policy with the MD allowing for answers to questions quickly Grown Up approach to recruitment allowing experienced recruiters to function as they see fit, and the support to help them when they get stuck This is a rapidly expanding business in the US and the career potential and opportunities for growth are endless We are not growing to take advantage of a busy market, we are growing to match our ambitions to dominate the market and offer best in class career opportunities. We have very long term plans!!

Cons

The only negative, and it's not something the company can actually control, is working US hours during the transition can be tough. You need to be very organised and plan well. Thankfully with the travel ban etc lifted and the embassy open for Visa appointments the transition should be very manageable

Oscar Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experiences with Oscar. It certainly sounds like it has been a really successful step for you and we wish you the best of luck on your relocation! Relocation will certainly improve your work life balance and we hope you continue to grow and develop with Oscar.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent place to work

Dec 13, 2021 - Resource Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Socials, peoples, beers, beers and beers

Cons

Hours but that is normal in recruitment

Oscar Response

Thank you for taking the time to review. We hope you continue to love your time at Oscar!

9. 5.0

Step by step support!

Oct 26, 2021 - Resource Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I chose to join Oscar because of the fantastic culture and support I was told I would receive, having no experience it was always going to be daunting going into an industry you have never worked in before but I could not have asked for more of a support system. Having an L&D manager, my own learning journey and step by step support from my team and manager is already setting me up to see success. Best decision I have made.

Cons

No cons so far that I can see

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Couldn't have chosen a better company to start my recruitment career with!

Oct 26, 2021 - Resource Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The training is incredible, I have felt completely supported throughout the whole process and there is always someone to guide and give advice. -The autonomy, I have been given the tools to go out and become the best recruiter I can possibly be, without the constraints of micromanaging which would feel suffocating. -Opportunity for progression, I know exactly how to get to the next step in my career and how/when I will get there. -Culture-wise, Oscar is nothing like any of the other companies that I interviewed at. It is a vibrant, lively culture full of people who genuinely want to help/support each other. The office is also great and I love being here every day :)

Cons

Haven't experienced anything negative so far.

Oscar Response

We are so pleased to here that things are going well! Our Learning & Development is something we are very passionate about and proud that it contributes to our very quick succession in trainee's. It's great that you find the progression transparent, having rolled out our brand new PDP's this year we are confident that it will continue to increase promotions and development across the business. I am sure you will go far!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 Reviews

Oscar Reviews FAQs

Oscar has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 101 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Oscar to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Oscar employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Oscar. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

84% of Oscar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oscar 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Oscar Job Seekers