Oscar Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 28 Feb 2020

4.8
Oscar Chief Executive Officer Andy Morrell
Andy Morrell
  1. "First month as a consultant at Oscar"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good management- I met my manager in my first interview and got on really well with him. I think that in itself set me up with a good start, he sets a strong example I want to follow. Clear path set out for me- This is my first month as Consultant and I knew exactly what I had to do to get there. The transition was smooth, being trained by Matt the MD on client work from the start of my time here meant that becoming as a Consultant wasn’t scary- which I know from speaking to friends who are in recruitment, that is mostly the case. I can’t not mention Oscar’s culture- everyone here feels the buzz of the office, I noticed it in my first interview and I couldn’t ignore that. Yes there are the company trips, lunches and Friday night outings, but in working hours I am constantly driven by my environment.

Cons

The hours can be long. But honestly I knew that coming into recruitment, it was pretty tough at first but now I am starting to see results it just shows they are worth it.

Oscar2020-02-28
  2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in London, England

I worked at Oscar full-time for more than a year

Pros

After working in both the Manchester and London offices, I could not recommend Oscar more! Everyone that works there is so supportive and the, management really understand each employees needs. The base salary and extra benefits are some of the best you will find and they run some really exciting incentives such as winter and summer holidays. Their culture and values really are second to none and everyone really supports and celebrates each success. The training and progression they provide consultants is fantastic and they are happy for people to go in their own direction. If I hadn't moved abroad, I would definitley still be working with Oscar!

Cons

Recruitment is hard and some people just aren't cut out for it. There are no downsides of working at Oscar.

Oscar2020-01-08

"Tools for a life time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I worked at Oscar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic training and support, creates a great positive working environment and I can see that has only gone from strength to strength since I have left. Managers that lead from the front, overseas opportunities, promotional opportunities, rewards, amazing commission, great out of work environment, good effort to be social. I can honestly say working for Oscar was the best career move I ever made. I

Cons

So recruitment isn't for everyone, but most think they can do it. This isn't necessarily a con for Oscar, but I look at some of the negative comments and think that recruitment just wasn't for that person

Continue reading
    Oscar2019-11-07

"Oscar development & training"

I have been working at Oscar

Pros

I have worked at Oscar for almost 6 months and I am so glad I made the move into Recruitment. I have been supported in many ways and by many talented people. I am really looking forward to the progression in my role.

Cons

I don’t have any right now

Oscar2019-10-31

"Promotion"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having had previous experience working in customer service and sales roles, recruitment was really new to me but I was confident I had the skills to be successful. I have been here for 4 months now and I have received my first promotion to consultant. The training and support at Oscar has allowed me to reach my first goal and I cannot wait to achieve more.

Cons

looking forward to getting external training too as I progress

Oscar2019-05-02

"No Brainer..."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training - new to getting into recruitment? it can be quite daunting... Oscar take all of that fear away, the award winning training is great, but what is even better is the management, I've never seen a company be able to tell where you will fit in best as good as Oscar, my manager got me to a confident consultant in just three and a half months... The Social life - if your like me and you embrace the social side of life theirs nothing better! From holidays, to nights out, to making new friends... I've worked in some great places previously but nothing has been as good as this.

Cons

Some people would say the long hours when you start off; but in an industry where you get out what you put in, whats the problem?

Oscar2019-03-08

"I am very grateful for the support I have received"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came into recruitment having previously only ever worked in a completely different industry, I also had no sales experience whatsoever. Oscar of course has a fantastic reputation for its training programme, this was a major factor in me joining the company, but the organisation is so much more than just brilliant training material. I didn’t take to recruitment straight away and like I was warned in my interview, the first few months were difficult to find my feet. As a trainee I didn’t do that many placements, but after three months in the job I wanted to go consultant and I entered the big bad world of billing. After a year and a few months, I was made a Senior Consultant, then a few months after that I started to build my own team. Everyone at Oscar has been super supportive along my journey, they saw I had potential with my work rate, willingness to graft and I was set realistic goals for me to progress up the ladder. The two Directors are very different personalities, but together make a strong team and will support employees’ ambitions, targets and goals, whatever different path they want to take within the business, or even outside the business too. The standout factor in me still enjoying my role and wanting to achieve more has been the support I have received. The culture also supports this, with a real team environment around the office. Moving into my third year of recruitment, I look forward to continuing my growth and exploring new targets that have been agreed on.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 job and must be prepared to put in extra hours when needed.

Oscar2019-01-14

"Resource Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at Oscar in July 2018. From my first to my final interview the whole process was smooth and very pleasant. After meeting with the Head of Internal talent she made me feel at ease and I immediately felt like this was a company that I wanted to work for and be part of. The training that Oscar provides their employees is second to none. They constantly offer training to every single employee, no matter how long they have worked there in order to make sure that everyone is the best they can be. The office is full of genuinely lovely and funny people, and this is so important for me in an industry like recruitment where you can have your knock backs. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for me at Oscar

Cons

Recruitment can be a tough industry to work in as it requires a lot of hard work and resilience.

Oscar2018-11-12

"Great place to work"

I worked at Oscar

Pros

I recently left Oscar in order to go travelling, and overall the I time spent working there was a great experience! Prior to working at Oscar I had no recruitment experience what so ever, but thanks to the great in house training provided by senior management within under 4 months I was promoted to consultant and had a great understanding of my market and how to succeed within recruitment. As you would expect within recruitment, there can be a few late nights and you are expected to achieve highly, but through the commission structure at Oscar if you're willing to put in the extra work then you'll certainly reap the rewards. In addition, the hard work that you put in is recognised by the company with frequent socials/trips away organised and paid for - during my last few months at the Oscar I had a 3 day/2 night trip to Portugal, and a day trip to York races with all expenses paid!

Cons

The induction training within the first couple of weeks can feel a bit like 'Death by PowerPoint', apart from that no negatives!

Oscar2018-11-05

"True to their word!"

Current Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Oscar full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working at Oscar in June and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start my career straight out of university. I had no previous experience in recruitment or sales but they are happy to hire someone keen and willing to learn. The interview process was very smooth from the initial meeting to moving forward and meeting the management team to my first day. The atmosphere in the office was very welcoming and friendly during my interviews and this has continued during my career with Oscar, there are organised socials and opportunities for everyone to get to know each other. The in house training program is amazing and you can see how much this can help you progress your career and you are supported throughout. One main stand out point of Oscar is how accommodating they have been with me, due to unforeseen personal reasons I had to relocate to London and as they have an office in London they have been willing to move me to the new office. Without this, I would not have been able to continue with Oscar and would have had to start searching for a new role. Even though I have only worked at Oscar for a short amount of time, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and I am looking forward to my future with them!

Cons

I have not experienced any!

Oscar2018-08-16