Oscar Winson Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
  1. "Good company"

Business Manager in Hong Kong

I have been working at Oscar Winson

Pros

Good pay. Flexible hours. Nice boss. Very spacious coffee. Tea and coffee. Generous leave and sick days. Good locations. Clear understanding of jobs roles

Cons

not many cons that I can think of. Sometimes we run out of cups. Some times the toilet is not clean. SOmetimes the maid does not do a good job

Advice to Management

keep up the good work.

Oscar Winson2017-01-29
  2. "Nice team to work with"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I worked at Oscar Winson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great set of people. Multi cultural, and multi lingual. Enjoyed my time here in CHina nad they made in very memorable

Cons

IT was centralized and could take a longer than usual time sometimes. Also Internet in China is slow so that is an issue with China itself

Advice to Management

Keep going.Thank you for the memories

Oscar Winson2017-01-29
  3. "Amazing office"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Hong Kong

I have been working at Oscar Winson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Office, Great equipment. Good environmwnt. Not as stressful as other firms. A Lot of friendly chat going on

Cons

Not much to say in this departmenr except we May run out of water from time to time

Advice to Management

Keep up good work. Keep nirturing people and supporting all the staf.. Thanks for everything

Oscar Winson2017-01-11
  4. "Great place to work at"

I worked at Oscar Winson full-time

Pros

Excellent staff and management. People are friendly and help each other out. very good training and support system

Cons

Limited career progression due to the nature of field. Requires strong determination and focus on positives to work

Advice to Management

Keep staff more motivated and going.

Oscar Winson2016-12-21
  5. "Quiet Office very nice staff"

Former Intern - Intern in Hong Kong

I worked at Oscar Winson for less than a year

Pros

was an inter hired to manage investment portofolio documentation. was given proper training and tools. everything was cloud based. They included me in the end of quarter team activities despite working there for less than 2 months

Cons

nothing much I could think of except I was unable to get a part time or full time job in the field

Advice to Management

It could be nice if senior management provided more in house training and communicated more with me

Oscar Winson2016-12-21
  6. "Not your average Wealth Management firm"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at Oscar Winson full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've currently been working at Oscar Winson Shanghai for around 8 months as a Business Development Manager or Coordinator. The office environment is excellent. There is a very healthy level of competition but predominantly a feeling of camaraderie and mutual ambition. Unlike the traditional Wealth Management model, at Oscar Winson each junior employee works with each senior employee (compared to the usual one-to-one structure). This allows for a stronger sense of teamwork and ensures you have the opportunity to learn from each of your senior's individual strengths. Compensation, holiday time and employee respect are all taken seriously and provided generously.

Cons

As in any junior role, responsibilities can be limited and tasks can become repetitive. This is perhaps more a comment on the role rather than Oscar Winson as a company. Although more could be done to add variety and increased responsibility where desired and appropriate.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't lose the focus on employee well-being that has so far made Oscar Winson so different from many of its competitors and such a rewarding and enjoyable place to work.

Oscar Winson2016-04-05
  7. "Great Company to work at"

I have been working at Oscar Winson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, nice colleagues. everybody helps each other.

Cons

Financial industry can be dependent on economic outlook so be prepared for quiet/down periods

Advice to Management

Find new ways to innovate. Recognize long hours = more work. Productivity needs to be measured by contributions. Nothing wrong with this company. But just advise.

Oscar Winson2016-03-03
  8. "Ok company to wrok for"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Hong Kong

I worked at Oscar Winson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked here for 3 years from 2012 until 2015. Had a positive change of management in 2013 which was a good move I think for the company. New procedures were put in place and the company seemed to grow quite rapidly. I would say my time here was enjoyable and i left as i relocated back to Europe from Hong Kong. Great guys to work with and I'll miss the people from the office. seems like they have plans to open lots of new offices and so more opportunities for people i guess.

Cons

sometimes things didn't happen as quickly as they should have, the main tech guy in my office was pretty slow at fixing IT problems. But they did employ a new one in the end. Need some new cups in the kitchen area

Advice to Management

make sure the new tech team keep up the good work they are doing. Get some new cups for the kitchen area. Good luck for the future, you guys deserve it.

Oscar Winson2016-02-16