Outsource UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 October 2018

4.7
Nick Dettmar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company that cares"

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time

Pros

A recruitment company that genuinely cares, listens and values their staff. I cant recommend Outsource enough!

Cons

Genuinely cant think of any

2. "A company that really cares!"

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people! Inclusive, supportive, friendly, professional & positive environment.
    The company really encourages employee autonomy and accountability, you get rewarded for the efforts you put in.
    Although there are regional offices, it feels as though we are one. Lots of opportunity to meet up and get to know your colleagues working in other departments and locations.
    Fantastic range of products and services to sell to candidates and customers.
    Strong emphasis on long term relationships & a recruitment firm that strives to deliver a positive experience to our candidates and clients.
    Good range of staff benefits: Healthy Breakfast Mondays, Dress Down Fridays, 23.5 holiday allowance rising to 28.5 over time, Health Cash Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Charitable Payroll Giving Scheme, Perkbox subscription & Employee Referral Scheme.
    Good commission structures, incentives and recognition schemes.

Cons

As other reviewers have mentioned, cake! We have a lot of cake, not sure this really is a con though!

3. "Great Environment"

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Passionate Staff
    * Fantastic Career Progression
    * Awesome Commission + Benefits
    * Excellent Innovative Products

Cons

Sometimes When Working On The Cloud You Have Buffering

4. "Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Welcoming happy family feel with a professional outlook. Always striving to make improvements. Reward for hard work is evident.

Cons

The company has grown faster than the systems used are able to keep up with

Advice to Management

The company needs to invest in technology to keep pace with growth

5. "Good company, a lot of change"

I worked at Outsource UK full-time

Pros

Great offices & fantastic locations, family feel amongst colleages and a great day to day office environment. Outsource is a very sociable place to work whilst maintaining a hard working mentality

Cons

High turnover of new staff and unfortunately long term staff over the last two years. The company is going through a big period of change and the environment is changing to more coperate. Progression ladders are not clear and is very slow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great line management and family feel! Needs a stronger HR function to keep up with the growth of the company.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time

Pros

Good company
    Great Values
    Looks after staff
    Enjoy coming to work
    Genuine reward for hard work
    family feel

Cons

Limited recruitment tools at our disposal

Advice to Management

Any cons to this company can be easily remedied by a bigger investment in technology, scared to spend money on new job boards or an up to date CRM.

This is a good company, but to make it a great company it needs a 'back to the present' project.

7. "Lovely Company"

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time

Pros

Great company to work for, friendly colleagues! Always busy which is good.

Cons

Sometimes working long hours

8. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England
    Former Employee - Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Outsource UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, office environment
    Flexible family first approach
    Open, collaborative, supportive management structure
    Excellent commission schemes
    Friendly, engaged employees
    Fun, relaxed recruitment environment

Cons

None- excellent recruitment agency to work for..

9. "Will miss this company. One of the best, though some suggestions for the future."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I worked at Outsource UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture company wide.
    Great established Clients to work with. Due to the prestigious background of these clients, always one of the first to work on new initiatives (IR35, GDPR, Brexit, Big Data, FinTech, Blockchain, Cyber, Defence, Engineering etc).
    The business is built around collaborative working while leaving room to shine as individuals.
    Not cut throat.
    Cloud technology resulting in less downtime.
    Colleagues always want to help.
    Contractors are treated as people and not numbers. (The back office in particular is phenomenal).
    Management and Leadership (inc Board Level) are very supportive and genuinely want you to succeed. They are also very nice people.
    Personal development - Your success is determined by what you make of it!
    Locations in Swindon and London very attractive to work in. (Did not work in Manchester or the Midlands so can't comment). Hear they are both lovely though!

Cons

My 'Cons' in my personal opinion are mainly trivial.
    Long term personal development - For me, after almost 5 years I wanted a new challenge which the company would not be in a position to offer me. (This can only be seen as a con depending on what you want to do in the future and your personal situation that changes as time goes on). You can easily build a career and life at Outsource if you put in the effort.
    Long working hours (some other companies though are worse). I would say though, it is fair for a recruitment agency.
    Remote working is not encouraged.
    While I received basic pay increases on a consistent basis, a few of my now ex colleagues We're not as fortunate despite proving themselves. (This was due to a period of change which has now relatively concluded and would actually be attractive for new employees to the business. For existing employees, there may be a sense of frustration having to prove themselves again in accordance to the new plans after a prolonged period. I should be said that many of the new changes implemented were needed however I feel that pay increases should have continued to happen).
    Unsure about the move to a more corporate environment and structure for a recruitment firm. (Again my personal opinion, others may feel different).

Advice to Management

Continue to recognise and reward staff on a more consistent basis.
    Be open to innovative working practices (remote/flexible hours etc). We have the cloud, utilise it more.
    Allow non-management staff members to attend interviews of potential employees.
    Encourage creative and innovative freedom without being locked down by process.
    Recognise that existing employees can be moved across to new and lucrative projects/opportunities internally at a much earlier time.

10. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Outsource UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A real family feel which is continuing to grow and develop as a Company

Cons

closing the office over the Christmas period but making us use our holiday entitlement to cover this

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing as it is definitely working