Find jobs for Marketing Manager

Oxford University Press Marketing Manager Reviews

Updated Aug 7, 2021

Found 13 of over 924 reviews

4.1
Oxford University Press CEO Nigel Portwood (no image)
Nigel Portwood
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Welcoming, social, and ethical organisation

Feb 24, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, very social and welcoming with a lot of different networks - valuing employees as people not numbers. Also mission-led and ethical, with an important attitude towards and focus on diversity and accessibility. A large organisation that offers lots of opportunities to explore new teams, functions, and locations.

Cons

Quite low pay across the board in Marketing/at lower levels compared to other commercial companies (though balanced out by other benefits).

1 person found this review helpful

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for your review, and we’re delighted to hear that you are enjoying working at OUP. We are so proud of our people—the enthusiasm they bring, their commitment to our mission, and their willingness to support each other. If you want to share any further details, then you can get in touch by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

OUP

Mar 25, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job stability and nice colleagues

Cons

Poor pay and very overstretched

3 people found this review helpful

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

We are delighted that you would recommend working at OUP and that you enjoy working alongside your colleagues. We would like to reassure you that our people feeling rewarded for the hard work they do and supported in managing their workload is extremely important to us. This is why we implemented our fair pay principles last year, which is a key focus area for us this year. If you would like to tell us more about your experiences so far, please consider emailing us at glassdoor@oup.com

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work for

Nov 26, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great worklife balance, global colleagues, room to grow, lovely office in Oxford

Cons

Can be slow with digital transformation

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for sharing your views. It’s wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your time here, and benefiting from our culture. Regarding your comments around digital transformation, this is something we are certainly accelerating right now, and is a priority for us. If you would like to tell us any more, you can email us on glassdoor@oup.com.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful place to work, even if it can get too comfy at times

Sep 6, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people, very mission-led organisation, amazing spacious office and location, company always moving in the right direction even if it takes a long time. Decent flexi-/remote-working, shared parental leave. 24hr library, restaurant, quads with fountains, history.

Cons

Glacial pace of change, outdated tech, homogeneous recruitment, low salaries compared to the rest of the industry.

1 person found this review helpful

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for sharing you experiences. It’s great to hear your feedback, particularly on our mission, our people, and the benefits we provide to employees. If you would like to share any more information about your time at OUP—about what we’re doing well, and where you feel we can improve further—then please do get in touch by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Steady place to work

Aug 7, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A bit behind the times, but moving in the right direction. Some amazingly talented people in middle management but sometimes it takes a long time for them to be listened to. Lovely people to work with.

Cons

It’s a bit behind the times - two steps forward, one step back.

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and it’s great to hear your positive feedback about our people. If you’d like to tell us anything else about working at OUP, you can email us on glassdoor@oup.com.

6. 1.0

Poor company culture

Aug 5, 2018 - Assistant Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

World famous brand, looks good on a CV

Cons

Very poor company culture, lots of miserable people around. Some are lucky to have a good team but overall the hierarchical and detached approach to leadership causes a lot of people feel isolated and under too much pressure.

12 people found this review helpful

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

We’re really sorry to see that you wouldn’t recommend OUP as a place to work. We’re also concerned to hear your feedback about our people, culture, and leadership. We always aim to provide a culture and working environment where all employees feel empowered to make their mark, and we’d appreciate the chance to hear your thoughts on what we could be doing differently. You can get in touch via glassdoor@oup.com.

7. 3.0

Okay

Aug 5, 2017 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful building Onsite gym Good work/life balance - the office is empty after 5pm Lots of nice people working there

Cons

Difficult to see career path for junior staff Low salaries - especially as it is based in one of the most expensive cities to live in in the UK Lack of training support Discrepancies across Divisions - one division will pay for their staff to do a CIM course and another division won't Not very agile - take ages to get projects moving Quite hierarchical management structure Recruitment freezes and redundancies are rife Dreadful IT support - we haven't had a colour printer for months

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0

Marketing Manager

Jun 13, 2017 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really amazing company to work for with lots of exciting projects and ways to collaborate across teams and parts of the business. A really nice sociable company. Career opportunities are there if you want them but you will have to apply internally, as a straight promotion is a no no.

Cons

Structure is completely wrong, top heavy management, not enough time is invested into making staff feel valued. The senior leadership are constantly re-structuring teams resulting in serious stress and overwork for many. Not enough transparency or consistency across different parts of the team resulting in unfair treatment.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

Great atmosphere

Feb 21, 2017 - Assistant Marketing Manager in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, atmosphere, experience gained, professional development and great work/ life balance.

Cons

Pay is below average, unclear progression.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

10/10 experience

Aug 7, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Amazing, hardworking, and kind people + Interesting subject matter - you’ll find yourself unintentionally learning about economic trends or medical care or animal facts + Fair amount of travel (in normal times) + Really supportive leadership + Great early career support from mentorship pairing to shadowing opportunities

Cons

- Salary, but remember this is a non-profit publisher, so not entirely surprising! The PTO is very good for the US so that helps offset the salary.

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. We’re delighted to see some of the reasons why you enjoyed working at OUP, especially the points around our people and the supportive leadership. Ensuring our people feel rewarded for the hard work they do and retaining the talent we have working within the organization is extremely important to us, which is why we implemented our fair pay principles last year and continue to benchmark on a regular basis. However, we are always open to hearing more ways in which we can improve and would welcome your feedback by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews