PAREXEL CMA Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach
Josef H. von Rickenbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As a decentralized employee, work / life balance is sometimes a challenge (in 60 reviews)

• Upper management needs to get it together or they will lose the people that actually keep the clients satisfied (in 31 reviews)

1. "Starting as a CMAI in Uxbridge"

Current Employee - CMA in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a good reputation. The Directorate listens to the employees. The company is sizable and global. There are progression opportunities available for you if you prove you are capable and hard working.

Cons

The progression can be over complicated - there are too many hoops to jump through. The workload is often poorly distributed. Support for new starters are not as good as it should be.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to gain experience which will help you to progress into your next role. Put more emphasis and effort into work allocation.

2. "Clinical Monitoring Associate"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company offers decent on going training

Cons

Low salary, staff retention is below average

3. This is the end of reviews that meet your filter criteria (UK - All Cities). Below you will find more reviews from other countries

4. "CMA"

Current Employee - CMA

Pros

Good salary, Excellent Crew, Good managers; flexible

Cons

Long career path
    Some COL are not enough qualified

5. Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review

"Exhausting and not worth it"

Current Employee - CMA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to work from home, 401k and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

I used to be proud to work at PAREXEL but with the recent restructuring and layoffs I have changed my tune. The pros no longer out way the cons. The company preaches first time quality but does not set you up for success. They are expecting the current employees to pick up the slack for the recent layoffs which has led to many people being overworked. Upper management needs to get it together or they will lose the people that actually keep the clients satisfied.

Advice to Management

If I was a sponsor, I wouldn't take my business to PAREXEL. I would advise taking your restructuring in a different direction because the way you're going doesn't bode well for your future.

7. "CMA"

Current Employee - CMA

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great touch with the clinical trials, well trained colleagues, as well good training system, medium good salary, good office location.

Cons

Salary grow rate is low, no perspectives for the career, management is absolute disaster (ones are beloved and recorgnised and others are disliked and forgotten), load of work is distributed unwisely and illogical.

Advice to Management

To get better know of the colleagues, be more polite, get to know of basic management, beacause usually decisions are made just by the emotions.

"Company Can Do Much Better!"

Current Employee - CMA in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - CMA in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fellow team members are very positive and uplifting to work with.
    -If you have questions , you can get lots of help from other team members for answers
    -Take your meetings from home
    -Role teaches you how to display effective time management.

Cons

- Lastly, high stress for no reason, and mostly due to upper management.

-The training for SMT is not very effective and they expect you to cram a lot of information in your head within a small amount of time.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that you know the guidelines and are experienced with the work before telling your employees to do so. Also, it is very unprofessional to talk about other employees behind their backs, as well as fail to display the mission that your company provides without following them. These managers need to make their employees feel more supported and comfortable instead of adding more stress on to them.

"Great environment to learn a lot in a shirt amount of time."

Current Employee - CMA in Durham, NC (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. Learn a lot about clinical research from a CRO perspective.

Cons

No work life balance. Lack of respect and effective communication. Structure of projects unorganized.

Advice to Management

Provide more of a work life balance by allowing employees that prove they can do the work the ability to work from home some.

"CMA"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule and great IT

Cons

I have noticed so far

"Performance means nothing"

Former Employee - CMA II
    Former Employee - CMA II

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, however not 100% vested until 5yrs.

Cons

Promotions are not based on personal performance.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting and or hiring friends, perhaps there will be less issues with quality. Look into overcomplicated processes that waste time and money. Actually do something about nonperformers that are escalated.

"Bulky and Hard to Navigate"

Current Employee - CMA in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)
    Current Employee - CMA in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have good benefits and there are some good people. I like the international aspect of the company.

Cons

Systems, processes, SOPs, and guidelines are bulky, hard to understand, and they are not efficient or effective. Every task seems to take three to four times as long at PXL, than other CROs. This has been given as a reason for the coming layoffs, which are at least the 2nd round of layoffs in less than 2 years. It seems that rather than looking at WHY people are having trouble with the systems and processes, they would rather lay people off and ship jobs overseas to save money. The site management team members seem to feel very adversarial toward each other and I have had team members be downright rude, un-business-like and mean-spirited with no censure. All team members are not treated the same. Upper management does not listen to other team members, even ones with a lot of experience.

Advice to Management

Evaluate all your systems and processes and look at what is working and not working. Seriously consider changing the study start up system. That is where the main problems are coming from and where a majority of frustration is stemming from.