PAREXEL Clinical Monitoring Associate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

PAREXEL Chief Executive Officer Jamie Macdonald
Jamie Macdonald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "poor work life balance, inhuman work load" (in 65 reviews)

• "upper management have little understanding of the operation" (in 34 reviews)

"A positive outlook"

Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Durham, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Durham, NC (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall great work culture. Awesome benefits, work/life balance. Other colleagues are willing to assist you when help is needed to learn various systems. Company helps its employees to reach professional goals.j

Cons

Sometimes individuals that have been working at a company for a period of years shouldn't automatically qualify them for a position. Sometimes it may be the luck of the draw when you get a non supportive Manager.

Advice to Management

People don't leave companies, they leave management!

2. "Clinical Monitoring Associate"

Former Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Morrisville, NC (US)

I worked at PAREXEL (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn about the CRO world.

Cons

There was a lack of work-life balance.

"Positive changes happening with Clinops"

Former Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate to Clinical Research Associate in Billerica, MA (US)

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at PXL about a year and a half ago. I was not happy for a long time because my manager was not engaged and my career was not moving forward. However, a few months ago there was a change in Clinops directors and the new Director has made extremely positive changes, including significantly higher salaries. I was also switched to a new manager who was very engaged in my career and was able to promote me to a CRA within a few days.

Cons

The cons at this point are that of any large company- there is a lot of turn around and staffing on projects doesn't always seem to make a lot of sense. I would go months without anything to do and then be working overtime for a few months. Additionally, as described above, your career with the company is very dependent on your manager.

Advice to Management

The changes that are being made are very positive and they have significantly improved the culture and attitude around the office. Although difficult to achieve it would be beneficial to have managers more on the same page

"Clinical Monitoring Associate"

Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Billerica, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Billerica, MA (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They allow you to work from home a couple days a week after 6 months, there is good management that helps support you in your career path, you can get a lot of exposure to different therapeutic/clinical areas.

Cons

A lot of staff turnover, heavy workload and may often have to work overtime depending on the particular study.

"Clinical Monitoring associate"

Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate I in Bucharest (Romania)
    Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate I in Bucharest (Romania)

Pros

good training, flexibility, team work, great country manager

Cons

lack of bonuses as, hard to promote

"Clinical Monitoring Associate"

Former Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Shelby, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Shelby, NC (US)

I worked at PAREXEL (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for independent employees, benefits were good, and work-life balance was taken into consideration

Cons

Will not allow CMA I to work from home

7. "CMA Role"

Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

Pros

there are several talented employees in this company, you learn an enormous amount regarding start-up,

Cons

Not a fair distribution of workload, pay-scale is lower than most CROs in the area for similar role, extremely high turnover

Advice to Management

spend more time in career development from current talent, evaluate the CMA role and entire study start up process

8. "Parexel, CRO with Opportunities but Limitations"

Former Contractor - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Durham, NC (US)
    Former Contractor - Clinical Monitoring Associate in Durham, NC (US)

I worked at PAREXEL as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Parexel of course is a large corporation and CRO that has a lot of opportunities available.
    Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Management is sometimes passive aggressive and if you're a contractor the communication can be very vague.
    High Turnover amongst CMAs especially since the metrics are all co-dependent on your study's project team, so if someone is not completing things in CTMS it can reflect poorly on your metrics.
    CMAs are overloaded and overwhelmed with work.
    Limited opportunities for remote based positions.

Advice to Management

Really listen to the needs of your staff.

"When You have Reached The End"

Pros

There is a constant flow of work, you receive two possible pay raise reviews a year, and every so often they have a free company function for employees to partake in.

Cons

No work life balance, minimal organization and larger sponsor projects lack structure defined to meet time lines.

Advice to Management

Salaries are not what they used to be, but please provide your employees with realistic reviews and help them define actual career paths. Stop promising people the ability to work from home.

10. "As a CMA II, I am involved in providing all services to the site; not just monitoring per monitoring plan."

Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate II in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Clinical Monitoring Associate II in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. They encourage added learning, career development. Many experienced coworkers. They offer a lot of resources, sometimes it's difficult to find and narrow down, but it is usually there! Fair salary.

Cons

The company has made many changes (read: added responsibilities) to the CMA role. In addition to these responsibilities, my sites have tripled. This makes routine, thorough monitoring difficult.

Advice to Management

Training is certainly available and encouraged; but we need more study-specific training. ICF customization training for our protocol, not just in general.