PPD Reviews

Found 2,246 of over 2,496 reviews

4.0
PPD Chairman and CEO David Simmons
David Simmons
Pros
  • "The work/ life balance is great at PPD(in 151 reviews)

• "Good benefits, good life/work balance and nice environment(in 112 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No room for creativity, bad work life balance(in 122 reviews)

• "Goals are graded after upper management gets a curve; most are only raised to keep up with inflation(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Work/Life Balance and a company that cares!

Jan 13, 2021 - Clinical Research Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my experience, PPD has been great at promoting work/life balance, even as I'm in a traveling position. It can be stressful at times, as with any job when you have deadlines for tasks, but I have never felt overwhelmed with work at this company. I have always felt very valued as an employee. I've given my all, but been recognized for it also, which is very important to me. In 5 years at the company, I've been promoted 3 times (soon to be 4), and I have always felt very supported and like my line manager cheers me on. I also live in an area where hurricane Florence really impacted us a few years back. The way PPD supported us during that time is was a testament to me about how much they really care about us, and I really appreciated all the ways they tried to help us during that time. I couldn't ask for a better company!

Cons

As with any job, busy times can be stressful, but I have never felt like I wasn't supported, and my managers have always tried to make sure I had everything I needed and wasn't feeling overwhelmed.

14 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best Work place and great team

Sep 17, 2021 - Clinical Trial Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is really the right place for development, trainings and have a strong team. Enjoyed working there. Still miss my team

Cons

Not a single problem at work

3. 3.0

Extremely Corporate Atmosphere

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Project Assistant in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits with regards to pension, private healthcare and flexible working hours. Also good if you have a good manager if they support you through the office politics.

Cons

Depending on your role, you are expected to freeze your life for them! You should appreciate that the customer comes first despite how unreasonable their requests are! If you have a supportive role sometimes turnaround time requests can be unreasonable. You maybe supporting individuals who are also extremely unorganised and you may bare the brunt of this!

Continue reading
    4. 4.0

Great

Aug 25, 2021 - Remote Site Monitor (RSM) in Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, lots of support, Opportunities for quick growth

Cons

If you find frustrated customers too challenging, you may struggle

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Aug 12, 2021 - Administrator in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good flexibility and company cares about their employees. Supportive management team and great work environment to work in, although it is busy

Cons

It can be stressful at times as the workload it can be very high compare to other sectors. Career progression doesn’t always seem easy

6. 5.0

A great place to work

Aug 5, 2021 - Director, Programming in Warrington, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

PPD is a great place to work. The focus of staff development and work life balance really helps me support my team. I am proud to say I work for PPD.

Cons

None at all - any suggestions I have are listened to and acted upon and I can help make a difference

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

FSP Model

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior CRA in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A strong culture of success and collaboration with team mates despite working remotely. Extra efforts to boost communication and team spirit were appreciated

Cons

Off-boarding process was very clinical and impersonal, including CAPA reviews of issues up to and including the last day in employment - not a smooth process at all.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Much more than an employer

Jul 26, 2021 - Principal Medical Writer in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

PPD is an amazingly supportive place to work - it feels almost like family. Although it is a big company, it is easy to connect with colleagues. Employees are truly valued as people, not just as a resource, and there are good opportunities for personal and career development. The medical writing group were early adopters of working from home, and the support and equipment provided are excellent.

Cons

Not sure that the salaries are the highest around, but I think this is balanced by the working conditions and other benefits.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Jul 25, 2021 - Medical Information Specialist in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, good work life balance

Cons

Lack of development opportunities, low pay

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Insane workload

Aug 8, 2021 - Project Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary and bonus Flexible working Structured training Seem to be promoting people Hiring lots of staff

Cons

The workload is absolutely insane. Everyone talks about how much work we have and they are trying to hire more staff but the ridiculous workload hasn't improved so far. Ridiculous amount of overly complicated paperwork that needs filled in to get anything done, we're all busy enough without having to fill in 5 forms in 5 different ways to say the same thing New hires are being given a ridiculous amount of responsibility before they are trained, making big mistakes that then take longer to be fixed.

Continue reading