Pacific Dental Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Nov 2019

3.1
Pacific Dental Services CEO Stephen Thorne
Stephen Thorne
Pros
  • "I loved how I was able to work on a project that actual dentists could use in the field to positively impact their practice(in 45 reviews)

• "There's also a lot of opportunity to give back to the community within the company which I think is really special as well(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management will constantly sit you down to give you lessons about dental treatment planning even though they aren't dentists(in 63 reviews)

• "You have to be cognizant of what it takes to create a good work life balance, but that's largely dependent on your skill set as a manager(in 52 reviews)

1. "Positive"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time

Pros

Good co workers: benefits

Cons

Little slow during the holiday hours

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-19

"12 years! One Employer! Endless Career Growth!"

Current Employee - Manager, Dental Assistant National Strategy and School Relations in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pacific Dental Services has provided a platform for both my personal and professional growth over the last 12 years. From Dental Assistant Extern to Manager of Dental Assistant National Strategy and School Relations. The career growth has been endless and is continuously championed by all levels of management and clinicians! I look forward to spending the next 12 years and more with Pacific Dental Services.

Cons

National Support Center Parking

Advice to Management

Champion personal and professional growth in your employees.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-11
  3. "Great Place to work and develope"

Current Employee - Contact Center Supervisor in Irving, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great placed to work. If you have good customer service skills and great attendance you can go far

Cons

You may have to work split days or some weekends

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-11
  4. "Amazing Company Culture!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- I had the best experience during the hiring process with PDS. From the initial phone screen to the offer letter, the recruiting team were in constant communication and went above and beyond to answer my questions. - PDS does an incredible job of ensuring that new hires are not overloaded with new information during the on-boarding process. You can really tell that they put a lot of time and effort into it.... - The company is growing so fast that there are so many opportunities to insert yourself into new things. - Great pay and company culture!

Cons

- The parking situation could be better, but I haven't really had much issues so far.

5. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Administrative in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive team members. Everyone here wants to see you succeed and will do their best to help you. Great working environment.

Cons

It's a large company, with a large number of employees. It takes some time to get used to who is who and who does what.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-12
  6. "Great Company with Big Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Fees Specialist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

busy work environment, room for opportunity and growth, paid volunteer time, sick time and PTO are separate,

Cons

parking is difficult to find at times, other than that it's a great company

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-12
  7. "I have been working with PDS for less than a year."

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to grow, volunteering to help with WeServe, great benefits, build great work friendships, and amazing work environment.

Cons

Parking can be a hassle.

Advice to Management

Management is great! Always supportive.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-11
  8. "Great Growing Company with Fun Culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast-growing company with opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, collaborative co-workers, fun environment, value placed on community involvement and service

Cons

parking can be difficult in the mornings

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-11
  9. "Great benefits, hours are great, lots of room for career advancement"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Denton, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Two medical insurance options, ppo plan with a 1750 deductible, after that they cover 70% with an out of pocket max of 5,000. They have an HMO plan with an HSA card matched by employer. 401k is employer matched as well. Dental discounts are great, they offer every voluntary benefit you could think of (pet insurance, legal insurance, long/short term disability, etc.) Vision plan is good as well. They are willing to... move you to an office you work in best, and from what I've seen in my year there, very invested in building employees up and promoting. Personally, my office does not allow overtime, so no work/life balance issues.

Cons

I wish cash paying patients had larger discounts.

Pacific Dental Services2019-11-09

"Good people, good systems, good benefits & compensation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Definitely a great place to start or expand your career

Cons

Benefits could be cheaper

Pacific Dental Services2019-10-21