PageGroup Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 9 Nov 2020

Found 205 of over 2K reviews

3.8
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
  • "good working environment for beginner(in 87 reviews)

• "You will have great career progression if you do your best(in 78 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes long hours if you're working on many jobs at the same time(in 206 reviews)

• "8:00AM - 6:00pm standard working hours(in 64 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great workplace

27 Jun 2020 - Recruiter in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant environment Thorough and high quality training

Cons

Long working hours for all staff

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

We are so please to hear that you had a wonderful experience while at PageGroup and enjoyed our high-quality training, it is something we certainly pride ourselves on. We continue to improve based on feedback from our employee engagement surveys and firmly believe in a high performance, high trust environment which focuses on output as opposed to the hours that people work. We are very proud of our dynamic and flexible working which enables our employees to have a work-life balance.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good starter job, crap for long term potential and pay

27 Sep 2020 - Manager in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard you’ll get recognised quickly and can progress. Career progression is clear and regular promotion is great Some nice people Good basic + car allowance

Cons

Implied long hours although they preach flexibility Cliquey Terrible bonuses based on how much you bill Management spend too long making decisions Too many chiefs and not enough Indians

2 people found this review helpful

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for your feedback, thank you for your commitment to PageGroup and for recognising the strong career pathways that we have at PageGroup. At PageGroup there are a number of brands including Page Personal, Michael Page, Page Executive, Page Outsourcing, each of these brands has a string commitment to excellent customer service and recognising employes strong performance. Within Michael Page, we have an uncapped bonus, amongst a wide range of total rewards package.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A short but helpful step towards the right career..

16 Jan 2020 - Associate Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is fantastic when you start, the training is second to none and really helps you start from the ground up with no experience in recruitment whatsoever. It's a good step in the right direction for recruitment however the big corporate company won't be for everyone. Great people for the most part, genuine and supportive however many are overshadowed by the toxic. (continued in cons) Social activities are fantastic. A huge, historical database of Clients and Candidates to help build your desk.

Cons

Encouragement from Line Management AND above to lie about Candidates, jobs etc. to gain leads, jobs on - I understand this is a sales role and there's a lot of competition but a 'do what you have to do' culture is definitely very evident here. Step over anyone and everyone you have to to get to the top. This could be appealing to some but I would avoid if you're not just in it for the money and would like a rewarding job that's not just financial. Money is everything for the company, but you'll take home peanuts. Niche desks with unrealistic targets. Also unclear targets however at interview the 'open and honest targets' were discussed. Long hours - 8:30am - 6pm plus working past this to hit targets. No work/life balance whatsoever, not even 30 mins if you make it up elsewhere. No flexibility and no understanding of the importance of this. A toxic culture under the surface - majority of people out for themselves and themselves only. Snaking behavior from other offices and departments. Benefits package isn't clear and hardly promoted? Performance often measured by quantity rather than quality.

4. 2.0

Long Hours

9 Nov 2020 - Page Personnel in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lively place to work

Cons

Long Hours and lack of training

5. 3.0

Very KPI Heavy

19 Aug 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks, nice lunches and good development

Cons

KPI heavy, micro managers, very old school recruitment culture. long hours

6. 4.0

Great place to work

9 Dec 2019 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and growth opportunities.

Cons

Long hours and long days.

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for the great feedback. It’s great to hear that you were satisfied with the training opportunities available to you during your employment. The fantastic training and development programmes we have here at PageGroup is something we are truly proud of. We welcome all feedback and can continue to improve where possible. We believe that choice is important when it comes to work-life balance, which is why we offer a flexible benefits package. This ensures we can accommodate working patterns so that people can sustain the balance in their life and adapt to patterns that suit them.

7. 3.0

Tough

10 Mar 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Career opportunities International options Big brand

Cons

Long hours High targets High KpI’s

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Blah

18 Sep 2019 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and great colleagues

Cons

Long hours very stressful

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for your comment. We have always been proud of the training and development we provide at PageGroup so I am happy to hear this positive feedback. At Page our values are at the core of everything we do and ‘we work as a team’ is one of those, so I am glad that you have great colleagues. As Company, we believe in work-life balance and Dynamic working, I would encourage you to speak to your manager if you would like to explore the different options that are available to you. Vanessa Edmonds, HR Director UK & ROW

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Training, Great Progression Options

30 Jun 2016 - Senior Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have number worked in recruitment before and after meeting Michael Page I was convinced to that this was a role I could not over look. Once I began the training was excellent, the support from colleagues and Management / Directors was incredible. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly and would always help you when you needed it. As I have developed in the role hard work pays off. Promotion targets are clear and once you hit these you are prompted and the next target is put in front of you. All of the senior directors, senior management and even the CEO started as a recruitment consultant, evidencing this. The culture is great, not only do you work hard but you play hard too. Achievements are always celebrated properly and you are always congratulated when you do well. Their is no other recruitment company I would work for, I would always recommend to a friend and my advice would be to stick at it as your rewards will come as I have witnessed first hand.

Cons

- Long hours - Recruitment can be very up and down. Having a strong can do attitude is vital

15 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good bonuses if you are willing to work

6 Aug 2019 - Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, you can negotiate more. Bonus structure was really good, decent benefits

Cons

Very long hours, expectation minimum working hours is significantly more than your contract. No flexibility for work life balance

Beverley Nicholas, Regional Talent Director

Thank you for taking the time to review your time at PageGroup. I’m disappointed to hear that you didn’t benefit from the dynamic working approach we introduced a few years’ ago as the feedback from others is that it has helped them achieve the work/life balance they want. We will continue to embed this in the business as it’s important to us. I wish you all the best for the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 Reviews