PagerDuty Employee Reviews about "company is growing"

Updated 21 Oct 2019

4.6
PagerDuty CEO Jennifer Tejada
Jennifer Tejada
Pros
  • "Work/Life balance is 100% there, for me at least(in 19 reviews)

• "Good management who are always open to new ideas, catered lunch, great people with lots of enthusiasm, helpful mentorship(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains as the company scales(in 14 reviews)

• "The company is growing quickly and we're far past the point of being able to know all the people and what they're working on(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "company is growing"

Return to all Reviews

"A great place to work, excellent team and fantastic vibe"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant Manager in London, England

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent industry leading product, great teams across the company with everyone happy to help.

Cons

Everything associated with a fast growing company, but that's a big part of the fun

PagerDuty2018-06-08

"An empathic and fast-paced company"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like every company, PagerDuty has its issues, but it does its best to listen to feedback from employees and quickly implement changes. In my opinion, the people who work at PagerDuty are genuinely kind, empathic, and do their best. In engineering and product, at least, there really are no tech bros which is saying a lot for being a tech company. Jenn, the CEO, is wonderful. She is constantly iterating on how best to share information with us and her energy always makes me more excited to work at the company. Work/Life balance is 100% there, for me at least. I'm never asked to work outside of working hours unless I'm on-call, and if I have a particularly busy on-call week my coworkers or manager are quick to acknowledge it and give me time off to rest. The company also does a good job of showing us how our work is impacting the lives of other people. Whether that's big, profitable customers using PagerDuty to add technology to their older business models, or small non-profits using PagerDuty for life-saving actions like suicide hotlines, PagerDuty makes sure we know how our work impacts our customers. I've been at PagerDuty for over 2.5 years and am so proud to be a Dutonian. Instead of letting people leave when they no longer want to stay in their original role, I've noticed PagerDuty works with employees to find a better fit for them within the organization. The company recognizes talent and wants to keep it and help it grow rather than let us move on to other companies with open roles that are more suited to our new interests. That, to me, is the sign of a company that cares about its people.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and we're far past the point of being able to know all the people and what they're working on. This can lead to duplicate work being done and a general feeling of siloing if you don't make an effort to talk to other teams.

PagerDuty2019-10-21

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

PD has an incredibly strong corporate culture that starts at the top with our CEO and filters all the way to individual contributors. There are numerous programs to help enable personal and professional development. Office culture is great with free lunch (that 90% of the time is awesome), smart people, and events that bring everyone together. From a platform standpoint, PD focuses on the end user for development and improvements and this reflects our strong reputation within the IT community. The platform is pushing into new areas and elevating the conversation, so its exciting to talk about with customers. The job is a grind, but the organization is doing what it can to enable AEs with tech they need, resources, experts, etc. If you see a challenge as a positive, this would be a good fit.

Cons

As a fast growing company, there is a lot of ongoing change. There are operational areas that have room for improvement, and the organization is making progress. Enablement is an area of constant flux as the industry explodes with new areas, customer personas, technical features and partners to focus on…sometimes there are too many focus areas and leadership/tenured AEs could help prioritize. When one of your biggest challenges is finding an available room for a call, it is not a bad situation.

PagerDuty2019-05-10

PagerDuty Response

August 1, 2019Employer Branding and Talent Attraction Program Manager

Thank you for leaving such thoughtful feedback! At PagerDuty, we prioritize building a culture and on-the-ground environment where every employee can thrive. We'll continue to prioritize employee experience as we grow rapidly. You can count on continued feedback surveys, leadership "Ask Me Anything" sessions, updates, and more! Here's to many more PagerDuty milestones together!

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Ontario in Toronto, ON

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office, amazing people and culture. Opportunity for growth. Fast paced and fun work environment.

Cons

With any growing company you will have to be comfortable with change.

PagerDuty2019-04-30

PagerDuty Response

May 2, 2019Employer Branding and Talent Attraction Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you're enjoying your team members and our culture. Because taking care of our people is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our employees have access to growth and development opportunities. Thanks to our Talent Development team, we've launched multifaceted programs to boost the skills and careers of our employees. As you know, we are growing quickly which presents its challenges. During this hyper-growth period, we remain dedicated to listening and implementing programs and perks that allow all PagerDuty employees the opportunity to thrive. - Talent Team

"Strong growth, collaborative, a company focused on making its mark"

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great technology, diverse and large customer base who love the platform, high growth, very visible CEO, focus on collaboration and most important, lack of douchebags. Attitude of most employees is very positive, hard working, willingness to get things done. This is a company employees want to tell their friends and family about and go out of their way to recommend and refer people to open roles.

Cons

The usual growing pains of a fast-growing company: new people joining, changing or undefined processes, wearing multiple hats and keeping pace with growth using limited resources.

PagerDuty2018-11-05

"Best part is feeling like we're all family."

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone works together to create the best streamline of workflow. You'll always have someone on your back anytime you're stuck. Continuous support from team leaders and well managed atmosphere to keep your days delightful.

Cons

The company is growing at rapid speeds, so sometimes you'll find yourself stuck or overwhelmed. Although, this almost always gets overshadowed from the Pros written above.

PagerDuty2018-06-13

"Collaborative and positive work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time

Pros

Great work environment- co-workers are super smart and collaborative. Management is in tune with employee needs. C level executives are constantly finding ways to be more transparent and improve the company.

Cons

The company is growing really quickly, so some team structures suffer. Typical growing pains of a startup.

PagerDuty2018-03-16
  8. "One of top places I've worked for with great diversity"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Diversity, Inclusive, work life balance. You will work with great people at a growing company with really great benefits. Free catered lunches every day and full breakfast on Wednesdays. Fully stoked kitchen with drinks, snacks, cereals and a large variety of items. Unlimited coffee, Kombucha, Cold Brew and you can even make your own premium hot brews!

Cons

No 401k match, Lots of meetings. Teams can feel disconnected at times. Growing company going through growing pains. Need better tools to get the job done at times.

PagerDuty2017-07-29
  9. "Great company to work for!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty for less than a year

Pros

The people here are smart, friendly, and always willing to help each other out. Transparency is a must, and so is open communication between people on the same team as well as across teams.

Cons

Because the company is growing at such a fast pace, each employee often times has a lot on their plate.

PagerDuty2016-09-13

"Best company experience yet!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PagerDuty full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with talented, intelligent, driven, and extremely helpful people. Startup tech life at its finest: beer, whiskey, ping pong, dart gun wars, free lunch that taste great, useful/purposeful technology, thoughtful approach to solving real problems, not having to work long hours like most startups, fun & frequent company outings, and an open environment. CEO is easy to approach, will listen to anyone's comments, and is personable. Pay and benefits are hard to beat.

Cons

Ive been here for almost a half year and have been searching for something to dislike/improve. I felt at some point the "honeymoon period" would wear off. It still hasn't... The one thing that is sometimes hard to deal with but is consistent across any rapidly growing company is things are constantly changing, usually for the better. If you can't deal with change this isn't the place for you.

PagerDuty2014-10-08