Palantir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Oct 25, 2019

3.9
Palantir Technologies Co-Founder and CEO Alex Karp
Alex Karp
Pros
  • "smart people, great work/life balance(in 32 reviews)

• "Palantir is a place makes the rest of Silicon Valley look like it is working on toy train sets(in 18 reviews)

"Great Place"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Crowded sometimes when the work is hard

Palantir Technologies2019-03-23
  2. "Good company to work for but intense"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, office perks & benefits

Cons

No work - life balance

Palantir Technologies2019-08-07

"Toxic, political company growing on the backs of exploited new hires"

Former Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A lot of freedom very quickly - Good benefits

Cons

- No product or commercial strategy. Palantir pitches itself as a product company when it is really a tech consulting firm - No salary evolution beyond the 20% increase given to you after 18 months. Major salary differences between people occupying the same role. - If you work here, you are just a resource. Palantir’s concern will be to maximize that resource. You will have no growth path beyond the initial freedom... given to you. Your learning curve will be steep in the beginning like at any consulting firm, but it will bottom out as you go from project to project without any career advancement - Lack of hierarchy does not equate to meritocracy. Instead, it creates a toxic, political culture where people elbow eachother to advance. Success is determined by what certain people in the company think of you. There is no feedback structure and therefore advancement is not based on merit, but instead on politics - Terrible place for women to work. You will be seen as emotional if you speak out against sexism or bullying

Advice to Management

- Hire some adults - Define a real product strategy instead of trying to be the platform that does everything for everyone. This inhibits scale and you will remain a consulting firm to deploy - Create a real meritocracy by introducing feedback and promoting based on that feedback - Create a safe space for women to raise concerns instead of judging them as emotional

Palantir Technologies2019-08-27
  4. "Less than a year"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

Interesting people and good worker/life balance

Cons

Stress occasionally and no career opportunities

Palantir Technologies2019-03-21

"FDE"

Former Employee - FDE in London, England

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary, ease of traveling for work

Cons

Messy tools, over competitive environment, bad work life balance

Advice to Management

Focus on diversity, women are a rare sight and it's for a good reason.

Palantir Technologies2018-11-28

"Best place for growth"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best opportunity for both professional and personal growth I can imagine. You'll be given real, difficult problems working with some of the world's biggest companies and have a chance to have real impact on the world. Comp (especially for Europe) is incredible and increases quickly if you're doing well. People are probably the best part about working here. I joined as a new grad and the main reason was the... people I have met. Everyone is world class at what they do, but also people tend to be great personally. This obicously doesn't apply to every single person but is overall true. If you want to, you can travel the world, with all expenses paid. The product is at a really good place now and it's very cool to work with the tech available.

Cons

A lot of untrue negative press You mostly can't talk about all of the cool stuff we do

Palantir Technologies2018-09-20

"Interesting company, no growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Palantir had some good perks and great food, and there were definitely lots of smart people to learn from! Flexible working hours were good (although normally just meant longer hours, especially if you're based in London and have any team at all in the US!) Some people definitely experienced freedom to work on things that they were best at.

Cons

Unlimited holiday effectively means you don't go on holiday, as it is always too busy and there is no number of days to aim for Managers had no training or guidance. This meant that there was no focus on personal development at all, and leads often end up micromanaging as they didn't have any other insights into how to effectively guide/motivate/redirect. 'Flat structure' meant that there was some clear micro... hierarchies within certain teams/areas. Little or no career progression or growth available.

Advice to Management

Better manager training would probably solve a lot of the problems!

Palantir Technologies2018-07-31

"SRE at Palantir"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talent and tools - There are really smart, experienced people here to learn and grow as a tech from, we have a mix of opensource software in use which are of course transferrable and some internal tools. Any SRE can contribute to the tools and write as much, or as little code as you're comfortable with. There is a lot of opportunity to travel to different places, some SREs are rarely in the office, and some never go... anything else.. Also the provided breakfast, lunch, dinner and fully stocked kitchens are also a bonus, and the onsite physio therapy, and massages. There is no micro management, I am left to my own work and no constant "check up" from a manager to "make sure I am working" but the support is still there if needed. A lot of the "work/life" issues in other reviews tend to be from Software Engineers, and not an issue with SREs (I had the same concern when starting) - the docs are surprisingly good as well.

Cons

If you like normal work "structure" ie a manager giving you tasks to do, and having regular "catch ups" to ensure you are actually working, then for you, Palantir could be a struggle.. Personally I can manage my own time, and work so this is a Pro for me.

Advice to Management

Not really.

Palantir Technologies2018-06-21

"Deployment Strategist"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best company I have ever worked at. Incredibly inspiring people around you, opportunities to personal growth wherever you go and a company culture that is very friendly, curious and makes you continuously challenge yourself and develop.

Cons

This is not a con for me personally, but Palantir would be a stressful place for people who are not good at working under changing premises and in an ever-changing environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Palantir Technologies2018-05-26

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

It's all about how you want to work. It's flexible and gets rid of the red tape so you can just get down to being awesome.

Cons

Some people work too hard - but that is more up to inexperience.

Palantir Technologies2018-05-24