Palantir Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
Palantir Technologies Co-Founder and CEO Alex Karp
Alex Karp

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "smart people, great work/life balance" (in 30 reviews)

• "Access to important problems in the world (both in industry and government)" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "hours can be long / work-life balance" (in 60 reviews)

• "tons of the usual growing pains" (in 23 reviews)

"Best place for growth"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in London, England
    Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best opportunity for both professional and personal growth I can imagine. You'll be given real, difficult problems working with some of the world's biggest companies and have a chance to have real impact on the world.
    Comp (especially for Europe) is incredible and increases quickly if you're doing well.
    People are probably the best part about working here. I joined as a new grad and the main reason was the people I have met. Everyone is world class at what they do, but also people tend to be great personally. This obicously doesn't apply to every single person but is overall true.
    If you want to, you can travel the world, with all expenses paid. The product is at a really good place now and it's very cool to work with the tech available.

Cons

A lot of untrue negative press
    You mostly can't talk about all of the cool stuff we do

"Interesting company, no growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Palantir had some good perks and great food, and there were definitely lots of smart people to learn from! Flexible working hours were good (although normally just meant longer hours, especially if you're based in London and have any team at all in the US!) Some people definitely experienced freedom to work on things that they were best at.

Cons

Unlimited holiday effectively means you don't go on holiday, as it is always too busy and there is no number of days to aim for

Managers had no training or guidance. This meant that there was no focus on personal development at all, and leads often end up micromanaging as they didn't have any other insights into how to effectively guide/motivate/redirect.

'Flat structure' meant that there was some clear micro hierarchies within certain teams/areas.

Little or no career progression or growth available.

Advice to Management

Better manager training would probably solve a lot of the problems!

"SRE at Palantir"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talent and tools - There are really smart, experienced people here to learn and grow as a tech from, we have a mix of opensource software in use which are of course transferrable and some internal tools. Any SRE can contribute to the tools and write as much, or as little code as you're comfortable with. There is a lot of opportunity to travel to different places, some SREs are rarely in the office, and some never go anything else.. Also the provided breakfast, lunch, dinner and fully stocked kitchens are also a bonus, and the onsite physio therapy, and massages.

There is no micro management, I am left to my own work and no constant "check up" from a manager to "make sure I am working" but the support is still there if needed.

A lot of the "work/life" issues in other reviews tend to be from Software Engineers, and not an issue with SREs (I had the same concern when starting)

- the docs are surprisingly good as well.

Cons

If you like normal work "structure" ie a manager giving you tasks to do, and having regular "catch ups" to ensure you are actually working, then for you, Palantir could be a struggle.. Personally I can manage my own time, and work so this is a Pro for me.

Advice to Management

Not really.

"Deployment Strategist"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist
    Current Employee - Deployment Strategist

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked at. Incredibly inspiring people around you, opportunities to personal growth wherever you go and a company culture that is very friendly, curious and makes you continuously challenge yourself and develop.

Cons

This is not a con for me personally, but Palantir would be a stressful place for people who are not good at working under changing premises and in an ever-changing environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

It's all about how you want to work. It's flexible and gets rid of the red tape so you can just get down to being awesome.

Cons

Some people work too hard - but that is more up to inexperience.

"Work on interesting tech and real world problems"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time

Pros

- Access to interesting problems and the freedom to tackle them independently without much management overhead
    - Great engineering culture, strong quality bar, learning opportunities with sharp learning curve that lets you acquire strong backend skills in short amount of time
    - Comp is an outlier in UK, on the positive end (US salaries in UK offices)

Cons

- Slightly overgrown startup culture that leaves some areas opaque

"Great place for people/impact-minded technical folks"

Former Employee - FDE in London, England
    Former Employee - FDE in London, England

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The FDE role at Palantir is a rare opportunity for technically-trained folks to keep coding while developing a wide range of soft skills, from product management to customer interactions.

Cons

Palantir will feel less and less like a fun and edgy startup and more and more like an established corporation as it naturally grows and its products start working out of the box.

8. "Challenging, exciting, dynamic environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart talented people who constantly think out of the box

Cons

None that i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Fantastic people at a great company"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A group of incredibly talented and intelligent people and the opportunity to learn every day. This goes hand in hand with an incredibly diverse set of hard problems to solve, which keeps it interesting.
    - An amazing amount of flexibility over what I work on and motivation to work on the most important things.

Cons

- The learning curve is very steep and it's difficult to board the speeding train.
    - If you're looking for a structured role that is the same day in day out and aren't prepared to be flexible in what you are working on you should look elsewhere.

"The real deal"

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great environment to be a part of, you have a part to play in tangible real world outcomes no matter what your role.
    - Seriously talented people throughout the organization who are given the space and opportunity have impact.
    - Healthy leadership attitude – set example by doing, don’t always manage well in a traditional sense, which annoys some who would prefer hand holding - but really it’s down to individuals to carve out their own path.
    - Growth curve much sharper than I have experienced elsewhere

Cons

- At times, especially early on, it was tough to adjust to the chaos happening all around you, things change very quickly and you have to learn to be OK with that.

Advice to Management

Keep it up