Pan Atlantic Reviews

Updated 29 Apr 2016

2.8
Pan Atlantic CEO Justin Cobb (no image)
Justin Cobb
0 Rating

"for sales"

Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Pan Atlantic

Pros

horrible don't pay me on time, rude, overworked.

Cons

stay at a cheap hotel, no expense money for trips, unorganized, feel like the payments are fraud.

October 19, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We try to look into any negative experiences people have with our company, to prevent them happening in future. We notice you said that you weren’t paid on time. We’re sorry to hear that this happened. There are very few occasions on which someone would not be paid by our company, and most of these are due to people committing fraud on their sales, or not passing their criminal record checks or drug tests. We can’t think of another reason why someone would go unpaid, but feel free to get in touch with us personally and we’ll make sure to look into this for you.

"SCAM"

I have been working at Pan Atlantic

Pros

No direct answers!

Cons

Poor poor business ethics. Cruel conditions. Don't fall for kt, WASTE OF TIME.

October 16, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. To be honest your review is a little vague, and we’re not quite sure what exactly you have issue with. If you’d care to expand on your review a bit then we’d be happy to try and resolve any complaints you have.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Pan Atlantic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun people. Fun environment. They'll give inspirational speeches. (But they still need better work ethics) I mean who the hell actually runs this place!!! When you have an issue with your salary, no one knows who's the person in charge.... (That was totally a con) (there's not much of a pro, besides what I said)

Cons

Scam. First the won't make clear what you'll earn. Then they will like and tell you something to keep you going. And at the end of the day, this job became an expense. I wasted so much money on transportation. Worked from 11am to 10pm for 4 weeks and got only 350 out of it. Didn't even cover for my train fares.

October 16, 2015HR Director

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We’re sorry that your experience with our company was mixed. It’s always disappointing when you can’t meet people's expectations, and for that we apologize. As for our company being a ‘scam’, that’s just not true. We have been running businesses internationally for many years, working with some very well-respected clients, and you don’t get to do that if you’re running a scam. We do recognise that, like any industry, our industry is not for everyone. It’s a shame that it wasn’t for you. We wish you all the best in future endeavours.

"Short lived"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Pan Atlantic full-time for less than a year

Pros

Room for advancement, and help you develop social skills. Some gems in there, but lack structure and professionalism.

Cons

Overall sexist environment. One of the senior staff members is very inappropriate with the girls especially. Name callings, touching and overall very unprofessional. Their business model is a bit cult like, there is a lot of chanting and pumping each other up for the day, which I found strange. It is a boys club. I quit after a boss of mine kept referencing my breasts and touching my hair and body while training me.

June 11, 2015HR Director

Please accept our apologies. We deeply regret that this incident marred your experience of working with Pan Atlantic. We try very hard to take care of our associates, and make sure they are happy and fulfilled. Unfortunately in this case we didn't meet your expectations, or indeed our own. We work with many women, and would never like to think that they would be made to feel uncomfortable by any of our staff. Regardless of gender, we want everyone who works with us to have the same opportunities and chances for advancement. Several of our past female associates are now running their own businesses. We take allegations of this sort very seriously, and do not tolerate this behavior in our offices. The person involved in this isolated incident is no longer with the company, and we are expanding training sessions to ensure that nothing like this happens in future.

"All The 5 Stars Were Created By Management. DON"

in New York, NY

I have been working at Pan Atlantic

Pros

-If you can speak english, they will hire you.

Cons

-They take advantage of college kids and unskilled labor looking for work to get them through the door. -Whatever position you applied for isn't real. "Marketing, Advertising, Business, Internship" all that stuff is made up. This is a door to door sales job.

October 15, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We try to take all criticism on board, and see if we can learn from it. We’ll do our best to answer your concerns. Firstly, to the suggestion that our 5 star reviews are created by management, we’d point you to the terms and conditions of Glassdoor itself. Glassdoor have some fantastic programs in place to make sure people cannot ‘game the system’. For that reason, even if we wanted to, we couldn’t artificially inflate our scores. That’s the main reason why your review still exists, and that’s great. We’re big believers in open discussion. Moving along, we’d like to clarify that we don’t just hire English speakers. We have many offices throughout the world who are creating growth and success in many languages. From the tone of your review it seems like you attended an interview and didn’t actually work for us. We’re sorry you feel that you were taken advantage of, but none of our actual associates feel this way. We’re sure if you’d given us a chance you’d have realized why people are so excited and motivated to work here.

"HORRIBLE SCAM"

I have been working at Pan Atlantic

Pros

None Horrible business Ugly office Good location

Cons

This job is a complete scam. It is run down and under horrible operation. Pyramid scheme. DO NOT INTERVIEW OR TAKE JOB

October 15, 2015HR Director

We’re sorry you had a negative experience with our company. However your suggestion that we are a ‘scam’ or ‘pyramid scheme’ is untrue. Pyramid schemes are illegal in the US, and in most countries in the world. We have been successfully doing business internationally for many years. If any of our methods were not above board, we’d probably not be doing so well. We understand that working in an energetic, dynamic and motivated workplace is not for everyone, and we hope you find something more suited to you. Thanks for the feedback.

"DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, I DID!!!"

I have been working at Pan Atlantic

Pros

Very good at pretending , they will follow up with calls for you to make it to the interview, alot of calls and emails...

Cons

They Schedule you for an interview, they won't tell you the full job description over the phone, they promise that the job is base plus commission and upon the interview the manager forces you to agree to 100% commission only,

October 14, 2015HR Director

We’re sorry that you feel unsatisfied with your interview experience. We try to communicate as best as we can during the interview process, but when recruiting in large numbers sometimes things may not be explained perfectly. All of our job adverts have a full job description, and explanation of remunerations. We don’t have any adverts out there for the types of jobs you’re describing, so unfortunately we can’t help on that note. We’re sorry that you felt forced into anything. We really have no desire to work with people who are not passionate and excited about our business, so we would never want anyone to feel that way. Thanks a lot for your feedback. We appreciate it as it helps us to improve.

"i mean this is a door to door sales job so if thats what u r going for then perfect"

1.0

I have been working at Pan Atlantic full-time for less than a year

Pros

the staff is really nice

Cons

i wasn't expecting a door to door sales job ..the hours are also a little crazy working until 9- 10 pm monday to saturday

October 14, 2015HR Director

We regret that you had a negative experience with our company. We strive to make sure every applicant feels fairly treated and informed throughout the application process. The hours do vary, but they’re not much different from what a successful doctor or lawyer might work. If you want to get to the top of any industry you need to put in the work, and our industry is no different. We’re sorry that the job wasn’t suited to you, as we really believe in what we do. As for our job advertisements, they clearly state the type of jobs that we offer, but we’ll take a look at them and try to avoid any confusion in future. We appreciate the feedback.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 38 reviews