Find jobs for Graduate Manager

Pareto Law Graduate Manager Reviews

Updated Sep 8, 2021

Found 15 of over 174 reviews

2.4
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

perfect

Aug 20, 2020 - Graduate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pareto was a great workplace

Cons

There were no down sides

2. 1.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

A graduate filter system for the outgoing but unskilled

Sep 8, 2021 - Graduate Student in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team has a good atmosphere

Cons

They sell graduates lies, offer potential salaries that are desirable to naive students but there's not chance of getting a serious job in a sector. The assessments are based on who is the most overt and loud with no measurement of skill.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you have a loud voice and watch Love Island you'll fit in

Sep 2, 2021 - Graduate Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, drinks on a Friday

Cons

Woeful hours for low pay, forced overtime, back stabbing atmosphere

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Okay for a first job

Apr 22, 2021 - Graduate Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make good friends.

Cons

Unrealistic expectation put on your from the start. You're also told to recruit people that don't have an accent which is really discriminatory.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Replaceable

Apr 16, 2021 - Graduate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) If you're in the clique, they're great. Once you have "proven yourself", you're in. 2) The social culture - lots of events.

Cons

1) Insanely high expectations: in regards to hours worked (were made to feel like you couldn't leave at the end of the day), calls made (100 +daily) and targets. 2) They have a steady stream of possible employees (they run weekly assessment centres for other companies so choose to keep "the best" people for themselves) which means they don't care if you stay and treat you as such.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jan 21, 2021 - Pareto Law Graduate Scheme in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company, have to work hard to be rewarded

Cons

Long hours on a Monday

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

salary

Aug 7, 2020 - Graduate Manager in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

work culture, progression, training, mentors

Cons

none that i can think off

8. 1.0

99% of good reviews are fake

Apr 12, 2019 - Graduate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very little. Generally good crowd of people. Nobody i started with works there anymore.

Cons

You are asked to write disingenuous glassdoor reviews to bring up the rating - note the lack of description. This is so as to put the real reviews further down so they're harder to find & people won't jib off assessment centres. Go to the assessment centres - some of the clients are ace. Don't work for Pareto Law, it's pants & will con you out of a shot of working for a decent business by flattery. Racist - sexist - ageist - homophobic. Objectifying women may as well be on your Job description.

29 people found this review helpful

Managing Director

Thank you for your response. We are surprised about your comment on retention, as statistically, our graduates stay in role far longer than the national average, and many go onto senior careers here. In fact, most of our senior sales directors began their careers with Pareto. 50% of our management team are women, which is a significant improvement again on the national average, and a statistic we are proud of. On the topic of ‘disingenuous reviews’: Our staff care greatly about our business, the quality of their work and management skills, and as such, are often motivated to comment on Glassdoor, being keen to express views they feel candidly reflect their own experience at Pareto. We find your comments about racism, sexism, homophobia, and ageism particularly worrying as Pareto prides itself on having a staff as diverse as our clients, with each member of staff upholding the principles of inclusivity and equality that Pareto was founded on. We wish you the best on your future career, The Pareto Marketing Team.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hard Work Pays Off

Nov 19, 2017 - Graduate Manager in Wilmslow, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team are really close If you work hard you can get a very good quarterly bonus Progression is on offer if you’re consistently hitting target Since I started 4 people have had the chance to work in our New York office for a month which is ace!

Cons

Stressful at times due to the number of different bespoke projects.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to see that you are enjoying working at Pareto and that you have experienced the opportunities we are creating for you and those around you. I wish you continued success in your role! Kind regards Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't do it to yourself.

Nov 14, 2017 - Graduate Manager in Wilmslow, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's very easy to get a job if you look right. - You meet some good people & friends for life.. as people who suffer together tend to stick together. -You know what 'bad' looks like, so it makes you think more rationally about your next move. -The notice period is short and not generally enforced so you can escape with haste.

Cons

- You're actively encouraged to be racist, sexist and generally discriminatory in every way you could imagine. - Your job on a daily basis is tedious. In a nutshell: you cold-call graduates, sell them a dream that is largely fictitious to get them to an assessment centre where they are ridiculed by employees with clipboards and pens. - You're advised a graduate will be unsuccessful if they could be perceived as unattractive or if they don't 'look sales'. - You're forced to work late on Monday's with no extra monetary incentive or any warning before you sign your soul away (contract). - Senior management will spend their day scrolling through social media, (or emails should more senior management walk by) only to occasionally look up, clap, say 'c'mon guys' and return to Instagram. -Senior management walk past you like Madonna ignoring fans in an airport because they believe they are far superior to you in every way. -Female staff members have been vilified numerous times for their clothes, choosing not to wear heals or even not wearing enough makeup to represent the Pareto brand, especially when there's a client in the room. -The staff last relatively as long as Moyesy did at United, the only reason to not leave immediately is because you spend too much time there to look for something else. -Colleagues who have been there longer will tell you upfront how terrible your job is and to look for an escape.

20 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Pareto Law have been in business for 22 years, offering fantastic job opportunities to candidates and colleagues alike. Our candidates are assessed fairly and consistently based on the competences that we identify as being right for the role. We offer clear progression paths based on kpi's which are clear and transparent. This is reflected in our Investors in People Gold Standard, which we have held for over 10 years. We expect our colleagues to represent our brand in a professional way - this includes ensuring that suitable attire is worn to work. Kind regards Michelle O'Malley HR Manager

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews