Pareto Law Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jonathan Fitchew

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great brand name, work hard play hard culture, fast paced and entrepreneurial (in 4 reviews)

• Absolutely fab to work through this agency - they found me a job in the shortest amount of time (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be long hours, but you get out what you put in (in 6 reviews)

• hard work initially - lots to learn and sometimes late nights are required (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great recruitment company"

Current Employee - Bedfordshire in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Bedfordshire in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time

Pros

I cannot begin to praise Pareto enough for all their hardwork and commitment to placing me in a role that is not only suitable for me, but also is tailored to my requirements in a job.

Starting from the recruitment consultant I worked with, who talked me through everything I needed to know about the assessment day, and kept in constant communication with me throughout, ensuring I was well prepared. He even stayed in touch with me after I was placed.

During the assessment day, I was made to feel at ease. Even though it was competitive, everyone was still professional and friendly. The day was structured well, and it was good to see that there were companies who were actively looking to hire candidates straight from the assessment day - no pressure!

Overall, my experience was fantastic and the outcome was positive for me, as I am now placed in a great role after a mere 2 weeks since being successful at Pareto's assessment day.

I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking for a career in sales. In fact, I did! And the person I referred has also gotten placed in a role - even before I was! Talk about a recruitment company that actually cares for its candidates and knows what they're doing, talk about Pareto

Cons

The only con I can think of (and this is only because I didn't want to be biased) is that the day was quite long and it involved some waiting, but it is worth it if you're well prepared. The day is ran as it is so that they can accommodate for as many candidates as possible, while giving everyone an equal amount of attention.

My biggest advice is to bring food, and eat well before going for assessment day (but they let you know anyway)

Advice to Management

None! Keep doing what you're doing. It is clear that you are constantly improving your processes. Keep it up

2. "Consultant"

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to earn a lot of money, great atmosphere in the office, progression is very clear and achievable.

Cons

The hours can be long but this is often rewarded on placement of a candidate through commission.

3. "Excellent Employer"

Current Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Resourcing Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Pareto Law part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, training and incentives

Cons

None Applicable, excellent company to work for

Advice to Management

N/A

5. "If you're after an immediate job in Sales then they put in the time and effort"

Pros

The telephone interview/assessment day process is really straight forward, just bring bags of personality and motivation and they will do the rest.

Everyone makes you feel really welcome and comfortable, lots of opportunities available going forward

Cons

I personally thought that some of the positions they advertised that I was initially attracted to were not actually the ones they had to offer and as such the ones I went to interview for didn't overly excite me

Advice to Management

Should have an assigned contact who specifically deals with you instead of getting lots of phone calls from everybody from different parts of the company, at times felt there was a bit too much pressure from too many people.

6. "Dissapointing"

Former Employee - Assessment Day in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Assessment Day in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Pareto Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good way to search for jobs. Plenty of oppertunities to find a job.

Cons

Long day, false adverrisment, not intrested in people, systematic approuch to employment.

Advice to Management

"Scoring" people on their ability in certain areas when doing assessment days is a good idea as it gives you a ruff idea of a person. However, there are so many of these assessment days that people know whats coming and how certain assessments are scored so they essentially create a false version of themselves to score points. Focus on the person, what they can do and have a better 1-1 conversation would allow a more natural process. I recently attended an assessment day and was they for 8 hours with a 45 minute break and had a 3 minute 1-1 conversation.

7. "Get the Pareto Effect - Former Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Wilmslow, England
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Wilmslow, England

I worked at Pareto Law full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Absolutely one of the best places to work.

I spent 9 years at Pareto going from when there was just under 30 of us up to the 200's it is today. Not everything was right all of the time but companies learn and change and that is what Pareto certainly did. The business is very sales focused so it is fast paced and very target driven. That is what all successful businesses are built on. So if you succeed then you know you are part of something big.

Pay was very good and the incentives were amazing from paid for holidays to prize draws for hampers

Loved my time at Pareto if you are starting out in your career then seriously consider it.

Cons

With any successful culture you get what you put in so expect to work and work hard

Advice to Management

Keep striving to make sales a profession

"Consultant - Executive Division"

Current Employee - Consultant - Executive Division in Nottingham, England
    Current Employee - Consultant - Executive Division in Nottingham, England

Pros

Pareto Law offers a really friendly environment to work in. There are great reward incentives including quarterly vouchers and holidays twice a year for top performers. Essentially, if you work hard you reap the financial reward.

Cons

You do work long hours but the financial reward makes up for it!

9. "Pareto law"

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good incentives, bunus schemes and help and support on the job

Cons

Nothing other than long hours

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing

Pareto Law Response

23 Mar 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are enjoying your role and are being provided with the support you need to reach your potential.

10. "Good Company"

Pros

- Gives you the opportunity to step into some big companies.
    - Easy to use online payroll system.

Cons

- Although they are you official employer, you don't ever hear from them apart from automatically generated emails. it gives you the feeling that they're not that bothered about you, only the commission they're on.

Advice to Management

I think it would be a good idea for account managers to have some interaction with their employees seconded to other companies to get feedback and offer guidance. After all, they are your employees.

Pareto Law Response

23 Mar 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. As a HR team we are in frequent contact with our clients, and we expect that our Account Managers maintain regular contact with clients and colleagues alike. Your review... More

"BDE"

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time

Pros

The best consulting/recruitment company I have ever worked with. They actually care about finding you a great job where you can really grow as a business professional. The Assessment day was nothing like I had ever experienced. It was fun and very different to what I am used to. My consultant was extremely helpful in preparing me for it. I ended up passing the Assessment day and am now 7 weeks into a job I love.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons. If you have that work hard-play hard mentality and are money driven, you will succeed in sales.