Pareto Law Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 10 Sep 2019

3.9
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
Pros
  • "Lots of progression opportunity, lots of training, great culture, very collaborative team(in 6 reviews)

• "Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, competitive interview assessment(in 13 reviews)

• "None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Professional and efficient recruitment firm"

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, good salary, fast training

Cons

long hours, competitive interview assessment

June 10, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you are enjoying your role here with us!

2. "sales position"

4.0
    Current Employee - Executive in London, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

commission is good if you work for it

Cons

long hours and always have to check emails

3. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with/inclusive culture, lively office, lots of incentives, good support from management, constant training, clear progression plan

Cons

Hard industry, can be long hours

Continue reading
  4. "Best foundation in a sales career you could ask for"

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A fast paced, exciting environment to work at. Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching. Easy to learn from colleagues. Exciting insight into how other companies also sell when out on client meetings and assessment days. Great to see best practice being taught, and then implemented.

Cons

It's very fast paced and high pressure, which can be mentally challenging. Long hours. Long drives.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team culture, reward driven

Cons

Sometimes long hours - but you get out what you put in benefits wise

"Amazing culture & rewards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was placed by Pareto at one of their clients in the Telecoms space, and had an amazing 3 years with that business - before coming full circle and working for Pareto. Having worked here for over 5 years, here are the reasons I'll likely still be working here 5 years later! Culture is brilliant; loads of banter and fun - yet still supportive and socially conscious (charity work is a big thing for the company and its owners) Incentives & rewards are amazing (holidays to Vegas, Dubai, Monte Carlo with 50-60 people! Plus loads of competitions and awards) Socially conscious - charity is a big part of what we do, and we raise £1,000s every year for various good causes Remuneration is brilliant - although salaries sit at industry average, the commission etc is well above average.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little tricky - but this is usually borne out of the type of people who work here being high achievers who want to do their best, and are willing to work long hours to achieve this.

November 20, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to see you are enjoying your career with Pareto and thank you for sharing more about the hard working, rewarding company that you are part of. We understand that parking is a challenge at the moment but please be assured we are considering what solutions we can offer. Kind regards Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager

"Great Training, Culture, Progression, Earning potential, Team work"

4.0

I worked at Pareto Law full-time

Pros

Progression, Training, commission, business knowledge, culture

Cons

Long hours, lacks autonomy at times, salary on the low side, lack fairness when you go the extra mile, work/life balance which leads to burn out mentally and physically

November 8, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. As you will be aware, Pareto have been working hard to ensure that colleagues understand they are not expected to work very long hours. Sales roles involve travel, structure and we believe they are fairly and effectively rewarded. We do take all colleague feedback seriously so thank you for providing your thoughts. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

"Dog Eat Dog World"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company full of 20 something graduates so definitely a vibrant social life. Great progression and training if you can hack it. Excellent client exposure.

Cons

Long hours (8.15am-7pm regularly) and incredibly stressful role equals no work-life balance. Difficult to take holiday as your targets are not adjusted meaning taking holiday will likely mean you miss target. Lots of targets that are incredibly difficult to hit. 250-300 cold calls per week, 50 personalised prospecting emails, a certain amount of meetings booked and attended, revenue generated, leads added...etc. Very micromanaged. Very much a one in, one out policy. No one sticks around for long and you can see why - they use you up until you can't give anymore and you move on to an easier and better paid job. If staff do stay, it's often out of fear of leaving which is promoted as failure or someone that couldn't hack it. Overpromised re holidays, salary, commission and how long it would take to start earning these benefits by promoting exceptional cases as the norm. Without saying too much, the 'culture' here is one that any HR person would have a heart attack over. Very un-PC and although pay equality is generally quite good, the males of the office make vulgar comments about the visiting female graduates and a simple glance at the racial demographic of the successful candidates says it all. This company offers graduates a lot of positives and many of the negatives are true of the sales industry in general however there were certain things that were just unacceptable. Your colleagues will stab you in the back to get a sale by changing candidate numbers or fake tracking communications. Leads are burnt through with little to no care about the client. It is encouraged to keep pushing until they give in and agree to meet with you, even if that means calling everyday, multiple times a day and ignoring their requests to leave them alone. In summary, it's a dog eat dog world which I'm happy to say I didn't fit in to.

December 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. There is no doubt that sales is a high pressured career choice, competitive and target driven - it really isn't for everyone. I'm sorry you felt Pareto wasn't the right environment for you. There are some points we would like to respond to. One is about staff retention. We employ many graduates straight from university, and the reality is that in business 25% of graduates actually leave their first role within a year - realising that the industry perhaps isn’t for them. In sales, this statistic is higher. Contrary to this, Pareto’s retention at entry level is significantly better than the national average, and something we do take pride in. We do refute the allegation that there is any form of racial bias here at Pareto. Every Pareto assessment day demographic is absolutely reflective of the diversity of British society, and the focus is always and only about aptitude for a career in sales. We wish you all the best in your next role.

"Consultant - Executive Division"

Consultant - Executive Division in Nottingham, England

I have been working at Pareto Law

Pros

Pareto Law offers a really friendly environment to work in. There are great reward incentives including quarterly vouchers and holidays twice a year for top performers. Essentially, if you work hard you reap the financial reward.

Cons

You do work long hours but the financial reward makes up for it!

"Pareto law"

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good incentives, bunus schemes and help and support on the job

Cons

Nothing other than long hours

March 23, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are enjoying your role and are being provided with the support you need to reach your potential.

Found 13 reviews