Pareto Law Employee Reviews about "sales training"

Updated Jan 18, 2019

Found 6 of over 167 reviews

4.3
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
Pros
  • "Great culture where you are rewarded for the hard work(in 6 reviews)

• "Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours, competitive interview assessment(in 15 reviews)

• "None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "sales training"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Best foundation in a sales career you could ask for

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fast paced, exciting environment to work at. Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching. Easy to learn from colleagues. Exciting insight into how other companies also sell when out on client meetings and assessment days. Great to see best practice being taught, and then implemented.

Cons

It's very fast paced and high pressure, which can be mentally challenging. Long hours. Long drives.

2. 5.0
      Current Contractor

Sales Development Representative at MOVE Guides

Sep 6, 2016 - Sales Development Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pareto Law has not only kickstarted my career, it has helped me realize exactly what I want to achieve for the future. The process is inclusive of all, from the thousands like me who come out of university not knowing what they want to do, to those that know they want to work in sales. They do not select candidates based on experience, rather a positive and engaging attitude. Their access to some of the best companies means that based on your personality and profile, you have a great chance of being put forward to the most exciting, competitive and growing organizations in the UK. Since starting my job in January, I have received brilliant sales training that have provided me with tools to succeed in sales, and have regular support from my Pareto point of contact. To anyone who is thinking of starting a career in sales, or those that want to kickstart a career in business, my advice would definitely be to do it through Pareto.

Cons

Can't think of any if I'm honest

3. 1.0
      Former Freelancer

Incompetent, Dishonest, Unprofessional.

Aug 23, 2016 - Anonymous Freelancer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Somewhat friendly staff (those that were not rude) and goodish sales training.

Cons

After passing one of Pareto's assessment days, i was offered a graduate position following a successful followup interview with a company. following being given a start date on the first of the month after quitting my old job, I was called at 8am on a Sunday morning to be told that my start date was being pushed back 20 Days ie half a month of lost wages, no apologises or an offer of reimbursement. Upon starting with the company my first paycheck was rolled over despite the fact that one of Pareto's Staff assuring me this would not happen 3 times !!!!!!. The Job in which I was placed was not as advertised. The director who had offered me the job had quit a couple of weeks after I started , I was effectively having to guess what work I was meant to be doing while being at the receiving end of snide comments about my previous work experience and skill set from other more senior employees. I strongly advise people dig a bit deeper through the fake 4 and a half star reviews Pareto's employees have written and you can see how unprofessional and money grabbing this company is. They have since not shown any interest in rectifying my negative experience with them and have since found better employment by applying to a company directly.

9 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Director

Oct 31, 2016 - Marketing Director in Wilmslow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company, brimming with expertise, positivity and energy. Genuine Specialists in Sales - rigorous understanding of sales in all its forms - as a science, art, attitude etc. A robust, highly professional business - thoroughly enjoyable to be part of - supportive, talented and ethical. Uniquely positioned to empower businesses to realise their sales potential, with an unrivalled graduate sales recruitment offering and visionary approach to blended sales training.

Cons

Genuinely no cons & well positioned for growth.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional, efficient and supportive graduate placements

Jul 11, 2016 - Area Sales Executive in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I attended an assessment day with Pareto in July 2015, with the goal of starting a career in sales. The assessment day was a slightly daunting experience, and very few graduates managed to pass the process. Once the interviews were over and the process of finding successful candidates employment with one of Pareto's client firms began, it became evident why they select so few people to become Pareto candidates - the level of support , advice, and training on offer is quite simply staggering. When I was looking for work, the Job market in Aberdeen had been flooded with skilled and capable people looking for work due to the downturn in the oil industry. Despite the fierce competition, Richard Barnes at Pareto was able to consistently organise interviews for exactly the kind of Sales position I was looking for, demonstrating the level of respect employers have for Pareto, their talent-finding process and for the graduates they elect as candidates. After getting me an area sales executive position in an international PLC, the support from Pareto only improved. Rather than leaving me to "sink or swim", to this day Richard and the Pareto sales training staff continue to provide support and training to help me improve in my role, with the goal being to get me to a level where I can manage my own sales team. The experience of the training staff is jaw-dropping, and the training I have received so far has been effective and hugely relevant. I'm confident that, going forward, they'll only continue to provide that boost to help me improve. For people looking to start a career in sales, Pareto offer a service that is second to none.

Cons

Pareto are based in England, with the office that found me a placement being based in Leeds. I was looking for work in Scotland. As a result I saw Pareto candidates that passed at the same time I did get a placement within a couple of weeks (less than a week for some), whereas I waited slightly longer. Whilst it turns out the wait was definitely longer, they definitely have a stronger presence in England. This also has an effect on training; training sessions have required long journeys down to the training venue. All things considered the travel is a small price to pay for the quality of service and training, and it isn't Pareto's fault that there were fewer opportunities in the area I wished to work in than there were in London, for example - though in a perfect world they could be more active closer to where I'm based!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The good, the bad and the ugly!

Sep 21, 2017 - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really good youthful culture. - Senior sales people are great to learn from. - Will always support you if you're struggling you just need to ask! - Ability to do all the sales training for free.

Cons

- Very cliquey culture. - Poor work life balance. - Minimal reward for extra work / engagement. - Poor salaries and commission structure particular before getting to a senior sales position. - Managers aren't natural leaders and are typical just very good sales people that were resilient enough to stick it out.

3 people found this review helpful

Pareto Law Response

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to read that you have felt well supported in your role and by the business. We believe that some of our best sales people show great leadership potential and we offer progression into management where appropriate. To enhance that experience and ensure we continue with our success, we launched leadership and management training programmes earlier this year. If you have any specific concerns that you wish to raise please feel free to contact me directly. We do take your feedback seriously and we always seek to be the best we can be. I would like to wish you all the best for your future. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews