Pareto Law Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 8 Jan 2020

3.9
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
Pros
  • "Lots of progression opportunity, lots of training, great culture, very collaborative team(in 6 reviews)

• "Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours, competitive interview assessment(in 13 reviews)

• "None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place, great people!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pareto is an internationally-recognised brand name so with Pareto on your CV you can go anywhere. The culture is extremely supportive and the progression opportunities are clear and achievable. If you're prepared to work hard to get where you want to be then there is no better place to be than with Pareto.

Cons

Occasionally you may have long working-hours however management strongly encourage a work-life balance. Extra hours are definitely self-led as everyone is very driven.

"Work hard, play hard culture."

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, interesting work and fantastic development opportunities.

Cons

None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere

"Amazing culture & rewards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was placed by Pareto at one of their clients in the Telecoms space, and had an amazing 3 years with that business - before coming full circle and working for Pareto. Having worked here for over 5 years, here are the reasons I'll likely still be working here 5 years later! Culture is brilliant; loads of banter and fun - yet still supportive and socially conscious (charity work is a big thing for the company and its owners) Incentives & rewards are amazing (holidays to Vegas, Dubai, Monte Carlo with 50-60 people! Plus loads of competitions and awards) Socially conscious - charity is a big part of what we do, and we raise £1,000s every year for various good causes Remuneration is brilliant - although salaries sit at industry average, the commission etc is well above average.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little tricky - but this is usually borne out of the type of people who work here being high achievers who want to do their best, and are willing to work long hours to achieve this.

November 20, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to see you are enjoying your career with Pareto and thank you for sharing more about the hard working, rewarding company that you are part of. We understand that parking is a challenge at the moment but please be assured we are considering what solutions we can offer. Kind regards Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager

"Great Training, Culture, Progression, Earning potential, Team work"

4.0

I worked at Pareto Law full-time

Pros

Progression, Training, commission, business knowledge, culture

Cons

Long hours, lacks autonomy at times, salary on the low side, lack fairness when you go the extra mile, work/life balance which leads to burn out mentally and physically

November 8, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. As you will be aware, Pareto have been working hard to ensure that colleagues understand they are not expected to work very long hours. Sales roles involve travel, structure and we believe they are fairly and effectively rewarded. We do take all colleague feedback seriously so thank you for providing your thoughts. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

"Dog Eat Dog World"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pareto Law full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company full of 20 something graduates so definitely a vibrant social life. Great progression and training if you can hack it. Excellent client exposure.

Cons

Long hours (8.15am-7pm regularly) and incredibly stressful role equals no work-life balance. Difficult to take holiday as your targets are not adjusted meaning taking holiday will likely mean you miss target. Lots of targets that are incredibly difficult to hit. 250-300 cold calls per week, 50 personalised prospecting emails, a certain amount of meetings booked and attended, revenue generated, leads added...etc. Very micromanaged. Very much a one in, one out policy. No one sticks around for long and you can see why - they use you up until you can't give anymore and you move on to an easier and better paid job. If staff do stay, it's often out of fear of leaving which is promoted as failure or someone that couldn't hack it. Overpromised re holidays, salary, commission and how long it would take to start earning these benefits by promoting exceptional cases as the norm. Without saying too much, the 'culture' here is one that any HR person would have a heart attack over. Very un-PC and although pay equality is generally quite good, the males of the office make vulgar comments about the visiting female graduates and a simple glance at the racial demographic of the successful candidates says it all. This company offers graduates a lot of positives and many of the negatives are true of the sales industry in general however there were certain things that were just unacceptable. Your colleagues will stab you in the back to get a sale by changing candidate numbers or fake tracking communications. Leads are burnt through with little to no care about the client. It is encouraged to keep pushing until they give in and agree to meet with you, even if that means calling everyday, multiple times a day and ignoring their requests to leave them alone. In summary, it's a dog eat dog world which I'm happy to say I didn't fit in to.

December 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. There is no doubt that sales is a high pressured career choice, competitive and target driven - it really isn't for everyone. I'm sorry you felt Pareto wasn't the right environment for you. There are some points we would like to respond to. One is about staff retention. We employ many graduates straight from university, and the reality is that in business 25% of graduates actually leave their first role within a year - realising that the industry perhaps isn’t for them. In sales, this statistic is higher. Contrary to this, Pareto’s retention at entry level is significantly better than the national average, and something we do take pride in. We do refute the allegation that there is any form of racial bias here at Pareto. Every Pareto assessment day demographic is absolutely reflective of the diversity of British society, and the focus is always and only about aptitude for a career in sales. We wish you all the best in your next role.

"The good, the bad and the ugly!"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Really good youthful culture. - Senior sales people are great to learn from. - Will always support you if you're struggling you just need to ask! - Ability to do all the sales training for free.

Cons

- Very cliquey culture. - Poor work life balance. - Minimal reward for extra work / engagement. - Poor salaries and commission structure particular before getting to a senior sales position. - Managers aren't natural leaders and are typical just very good sales people that were resilient enough to stick it out.

November 8, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to read that you have felt well supported in your role and by the business. We believe that some of our best sales people show great leadership potential and we offer progression into management where appropriate. To enhance that experience and ensure we continue with our success, we launched leadership and management training programmes earlier this year. If you have any specific concerns that you wish to raise please feel free to contact me directly. We do take your feedback seriously and we always seek to be the best we can be. I would like to wish you all the best for your future. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

7. "The Real Deal."

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Pareto Law full-time for more than a year

Pros

I came into Pareto Law after being invited to an NYC assessment day in Early 2019. After being offered opportunities with other clients, I ultimately decided to join Pareto as a Graduate Manager. Since then, I've had the chance to work with hundreds of sales candidates, travel, and collaborate with tons of awesome companies. Pareto prides itself on growth and feedback. Within my role, the road to progression has been quite clear. The compensation is strong with great commission incentives and I really do enjoy the fun culture we hold and also provide for our candidates (drinks at the end of every assessment day is always good). It's pretty inspiring to see where our candidates have progressed towards following our interviews. (Flying to England each year for the Sales Kickoff is a nice touch)

Cons

As with many growing firms, there are a bit of growing pains. As we continue to expand, whether it be technology or certain processes, we're always looking to innovate. This can be a bit troublesome for those looking for "routine" but it's been manageable. The hours can be lengthy at times as there's always a ton to do. Sales (especially at Pareto) is not a pure 9-5, but overall, I find myself content with the work-life balance.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews