Pareto Law Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated May 24, 2018

Found 6 of over 167 reviews

4.3
Pareto Law CEO Jonathan Fitchew (no image)
Jonathan Fitchew
Pros
  • "Great culture where you are rewarded for the hard work(in 6 reviews)

• "Masses of formal sales training, as well as almost daily coaching(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours, competitive interview assessment(in 15 reviews)

• "None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place, great people!

May 24, 2018 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pareto is an internationally-recognised brand name so with Pareto on your CV you can go anywhere. The culture is extremely supportive and the progression opportunities are clear and achievable. If you're prepared to work hard to get where you want to be then there is no better place to be than with Pareto.

Cons

Occasionally you may have long working-hours however management strongly encourage a work-life balance. Extra hours are definitely self-led as everyone is very driven.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing culture & rewards!

Nov 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was placed by Pareto at one of their clients in the Telecoms space, and had an amazing 3 years with that business - before coming full circle and working for Pareto. Having worked here for over 5 years, here are the reasons I'll likely still be working here 5 years later! Culture is brilliant; loads of banter and fun - yet still supportive and socially conscious (charity work is a big thing for the company and its owners) Incentives & rewards are amazing (holidays to Vegas, Dubai, Monte Carlo with 50-60 people! Plus loads of competitions and awards) Socially conscious - charity is a big part of what we do, and we raise £1,000s every year for various good causes Remuneration is brilliant - although salaries sit at industry average, the commission etc is well above average.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a little tricky - but this is usually borne out of the type of people who work here being high achievers who want to do their best, and are willing to work long hours to achieve this.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to see you are enjoying your career with Pareto and thank you for sharing more about the hard working, rewarding company that you are part of. We understand that parking is a challenge at the moment but please be assured we are considering what solutions we can offer. Kind regards Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The good, the bad and the ugly!

Sep 21, 2017 - Business Development Executive in Wilmslow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really good youthful culture. - Senior sales people are great to learn from. - Will always support you if you're struggling you just need to ask! - Ability to do all the sales training for free.

Cons

- Very cliquey culture. - Poor work life balance. - Minimal reward for extra work / engagement. - Poor salaries and commission structure particular before getting to a senior sales position. - Managers aren't natural leaders and are typical just very good sales people that were resilient enough to stick it out.

3 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It's great to read that you have felt well supported in your role and by the business. We believe that some of our best sales people show great leadership potential and we offer progression into management where appropriate. To enhance that experience and ensure we continue with our success, we launched leadership and management training programmes earlier this year. If you have any specific concerns that you wish to raise please feel free to contact me directly. We do take your feedback seriously and we always seek to be the best we can be. I would like to wish you all the best for your future. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dog Eat Dog World

Nov 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company full of 20 something graduates so definitely a vibrant social life. Great progression and training if you can hack it. Excellent client exposure.

Cons

Long hours (8.15am-7pm regularly) and incredibly stressful role equals no work-life balance. Difficult to take holiday as your targets are not adjusted meaning taking holiday will likely mean you miss target. Lots of targets that are incredibly difficult to hit. 250-300 cold calls per week, 50 personalised prospecting emails, a certain amount of meetings booked and attended, revenue generated, leads added...etc. Very micromanaged. Very much a one in, one out policy. No one sticks around for long and you can see why - they use you up until you can't give anymore and you move on to an easier and better paid job. If staff do stay, it's often out of fear of leaving which is promoted as failure or someone that couldn't hack it. Overpromised re holidays, salary, commission and how long it would take to start earning these benefits by promoting exceptional cases as the norm. Without saying too much, the 'culture' here is one that any HR person would have a heart attack over. Very un-PC and although pay equality is generally quite good, the males of the office make vulgar comments about the visiting female graduates and a simple glance at the racial demographic of the successful candidates says it all. This company offers graduates a lot of positives and many of the negatives are true of the sales industry in general however there were certain things that were just unacceptable. Your colleagues will stab you in the back to get a sale by changing candidate numbers or fake tracking communications. Leads are burnt through with little to no care about the client. It is encouraged to keep pushing until they give in and agree to meet with you, even if that means calling everyday, multiple times a day and ignoring their requests to leave them alone. In summary, it's a dog eat dog world which I'm happy to say I didn't fit in to.

22 people found this review helpful

Pareto Law Response

Thank you for your feedback. There is no doubt that sales is a high pressured career choice, competitive and target driven - it really isn't for everyone. I'm sorry you felt Pareto wasn't the right environment for you. There are some points we would like to respond to. One is about staff retention. We employ many graduates straight from university, and the reality is that in business 25% of graduates actually leave their first role within a year - realising that the industry perhaps isn’t for them. In sales, this statistic is higher. Contrary to this, Pareto’s retention at entry level is significantly better than the national average, and something we do take pride in. We do refute the allegation that there is any form of racial bias here at Pareto. Every Pareto assessment day demographic is absolutely reflective of the diversity of British society, and the focus is always and only about aptitude for a career in sales. We wish you all the best in your next role.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work hard, play hard culture.

May 3, 2018 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues, interesting work and fantastic development opportunities.

Cons

None really, good work/life balance and great atmosphere

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Training, Culture, Progression, Earning potential, Team work

Nov 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progression, Training, commission, business knowledge, culture

Cons

Long hours, lacks autonomy at times, salary on the low side, lack fairness when you go the extra mile, work/life balance which leads to burn out mentally and physically

2 people found this review helpful

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. As you will be aware, Pareto have been working hard to ensure that colleagues understand they are not expected to work very long hours. Sales roles involve travel, structure and we believe they are fairly and effectively rewarded. We do take all colleague feedback seriously so thank you for providing your thoughts. Kind regards, Michelle O'Malley, HR Manager.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews