Pavers Shoes Reviews

Found 125 of over 129 reviews

3.5
Pavers Shoes Joint Managing Directors Stuart Paver, Jason Paver
Stuart Paver, Jason Paver
Pros
  • "Well looked after by the company, close knit and feel part of the Pavers family(in 6 reviews)

• "Family run business core values a person not a number(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I find the constant emphasis on selling shoe care creates a lot of tension(in 8 reviews)

• "there is no cons to working at pavers(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for !

Aug 17, 2022 - Store Manager in Wolverhampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remain true to family run virtues. All senior management are friendly, supportive and approachable. Pavers make me feel valued, listened to and promote direct candour. Celebrate success and recognise teams/ individuals. Generous staff discount.

Cons

Down to economic changes customers expectations can be demanding. Now have too many shoes in my wardrobe.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great company to work for

Jul 28, 2022 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits , able to better self with apprenticeship opportunities, work colleagues

Cons

Work life balance , work load

HR Officer

We are pleased you have experienced the development opportunities with apprenticeships - it's on our agenda to grow the number of apprenticeships we offer to current employees to support with their learning, development and personal growth.

3. 3.0

Pavers

Jul 28, 2022 - Customer Service Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and fun environment

Cons

Upselling goals take over the job

HR Officer

We are pleased you enjoy the working environment and that you are experiencing the Pavers value of 'fun'! As in all retail environments, there are targets to meet and we hope that you have had enough training to support you in this part of the role

4. 3.0

Ok

Jul 12, 2022 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team was lovely in my store

Cons

Constant pressure on KPIs Did not want to give pay rises even though doing extra work

HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed working with the team in store. As in the majority of retail stores, we do have targets we need to work towards and we provide training to support our teams in achieving these targets. We also have structured training and development programmes that allow our employees to gain additional training and development, become more confident in their roles and also benefit from an increased pay rate

5. 1.0
      Current Employee

Could have been a great job !!!

Jul 22, 2022 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing used to have nice shies but they are now over priced and poor quality

Cons

Poor management and even worse leadership. Give out and give nothing back Virtually every staff member is looking for another job Low pay and no commission yet continually getting grief about selling shoecare

2 people found this review helpful

HR Officer

We are sorry you have not had the experience we would have expected. We have introduced training programmes that allow our employees to learn and grow and also benefit from an increased pay rate. We ask all of our Head Office new starters to spend a day in stores to understand the operation and we have had great feedback from both Stores and Head Office about this programme.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Avoid at all costs - not nice people and don’t care

Jul 22, 2022 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing - it seemed a good idea at the time as I like the shoes

Cons

Too many to list but avoid if you can. Not caring and slave labour. The management just give orders and expect you to manage on limited staffing, no breaks and full on stress levels and all they bang on about is shoecare and harassing staff if they dont get KPIs every week - was a great company when Cathy was alive as she genuinely cared about her employees but it’s all bottom line now with no thought to to people doing all the work !!!!

1 person found this review helpful

HR Officer

We are sorry that you have not enjoyed your role and would always encourage you to discuss concerns with your Manager or HR to enable us to support a resolution for you.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It's a job

Jun 30, 2022 - Retail Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get your wages on time

Cons

No on listens despite saying they do

HR Officer

Thank you for the feedback. We are currently working on an exciting new talent development programme that will allow everyone to achieve their full potential, whatever their role

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Family values make Pavers a great place to work

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Expanding business, with great opportunities for growth and personal development. Professional office, friendly team

Cons

I don’t think there is any

HR Officer

We're so pleased that you find Pavers a great place to work and recognise the opportunities for development. We hope you continue to enjoy your role.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst job I’ve had so far!

May 21, 2022 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Half price footwear was a bonus

Cons

Toxic work environment Expected to sell extras all the time Horrible management team

1 person found this review helpful

HR Officer

We are sorry you have had this experience, and would urge you to discuss any issues with HR at the time to be able to look at finding a possible resolution.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Management / Favourite People, 'Office Drama', Low Pay, Hypocrisy and Changing Shift Patterns

Apr 26, 2022 - Customer Service Advisor in York, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some lovely people, very willing to help in most situations and able to provide some training.

Cons

Pay was poor (my last pay was incorrect — still incorrect as of now!). Unreasonable pay for being in customer services / sales. Very regular 'office drama' — employees would often bring external arguments into the office which often caused a poor office atmosphere. Management often sat for 8 hours and didn't do much, furthermore, they'd go to the local garden centre with their favourite few employees for lunches and spend at least 2 hours there (lunch is maximum an hour). Hypocrisy in Management — 'Do as I say, not as I do' — Would tell employees to not cause 'office drama' but they would continue to do the opposite and cause drama themselves. I would often walk into the office without a single 'hello' — I understood that some employees were on calls, but not even management would often say 'Hi' (On some occasions, I would go 3 hours without management realising I was even there — often ending with 'When did you get here?!' — Often felt quite insulting that my presence wasn't really recognised). Part-timers such as myself were often frowned upon and often insulted (will argue management may be saying it jokingly, however it often become monotonous and quite degrading) Although there's some really lovely people working at Pavers, I can't get over the consistent sly comments, severely poor office atmosphere and arguments within the office.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Officer

We are sorry to read this feedback, this isn't the experience we would want anyone working for us to have. You describe that you experienced some issues with your manager and within your team, and would urge you to discuss issues at the time with HR to be able to support with resolving them.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews

Pavers Shoes Reviews FAQs

Pavers Shoes has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 129 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Pavers Shoes to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -15% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pavers Shoes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pavers Shoes. This rating has decreased by -20% over the last 12 months.

60% of Pavers Shoes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pavers Shoes 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pavers Shoes to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Pavers Shoes Job Seekers